Dr. Brick

Hi Everybody

Hi Everybody,

I'm Dr. Brick and I've just registered to Eurobricks. Eurobricks isn't new to me though, I've been using this site as a portal to the wonderfull world of LEGO for over 3 years now. I'm a member of BeLUG and my interests are mostly City, but I enjoy vieuwing set's and MOC's of other themes.

I am a TAFOL (a teenage fan of LEGO (is this correct? *wacko* )). I know this is a site for AFOL's but I really enjoy the forums (and actually the whole site) and I couldn't finde any site like EB but directed to TAFOL's. (is there one?) That sort of sorts me out, now I would love to learn you guys. :-D

Dr. Brick

Thanks Mr Tiber,

Yes I know, 3 years is long. But it was that note at the bottem of the terms and conditions about the 18 years or older that scared me... 8-|

Oh, I don't think that rule is so enforced! X-D It only keeps the immature and annoying people off this site for the benefit of those who actually take lego seriously. ;-) But don't worry about the age, i swear I saw a twelve year old on this site! X-D By the way, enjoy your stay at eyrobricks! :-)

Welcome here!

I'm sometimes posting in the BeLUG forum.

From which part of Belgium are you? I live in Nijlen (25km from Antwerp).

Yes I know, 3 years is long. But it was that note at the bottem of the terms and conditions about the 18 years or older that scared me... 8-|

We sometimes make an exception for members below 18 that demonstrate enough maturity.

Judging from your introduction posts there should be no problem ;-)

Hey and welcome!

What themes are you into?

Don't worry, the 18-restrictions scared me for long enough too! Just a month though 8-|

I believe TFOL is more correct than TAFOL...but I think it's rarely used, as it only really appears in the Community forums and the like - the others don't care about age too much, just the MOC quality! Have you got a Brickshelf? MOC pages?

SlyOwl

hey Dr. Brick! i too am under 18 but the friendly people here are willing to take us if we behave, so i think the two of us should be ok

Welcome to Eurobricks! Anyone with the patience to wait 3 years can't be too immature. X-D

I'm young too, but I have learned from the masters. Welcome to EB!

Welcome to EB my dear colleague! ;-)

Would you mind to tell a bit more about yourself?

What are your favourites in Lego?

What do you do if you

Thanks everybody for the lively welcome.

A bit more about myself:

-I live in Leuven (that's where they make Stella Artois, just look on the bottle ;-))

-I like City, and I do have a brickshelf folder, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=AlMcBrick, but its a bit out of date... The most interesting folder you will find on it is: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=251751 , a LDraw MOC I am working on.

-Dr. Brick comes from Dr. Nick (the simpsons). On my brickshelf folder you will find AlMcBrick, this is a stupid name and I am trying to erase it from every site it is on (so just ignore it)

-Besides LEGO I play guitar, study, and dream about LEGO (this normally during the studying... :-P )

Dr. Brick

Well actually I still have a few questions :-$ :

1. What is 'vassal'? This seems to be different for every member.
  2. How do I insert a picture in a message?

Thanks

Hello and welcome on eurobricks :-)

Vassel is your title because you are new. When you have made +/- 100 post and your not banned by strong language or spam or something like that and you behave civilized you will become Citizen. Then (I thought) Knight, Count,Duke, Fellow. (correct me if I'm Wrong)

I'm not that good with put pictures in posts. :-$

See here for more on ranks e.t.c...but don't get them confused with titles, the caption under your photo, which you are given by admins for something or other, like winning a competition or something. You cannot become anything higher than a Grand Duke without admin intervention.

As for inserting photos, see the tutorials here.

Hope this helps

SlyOwl

Hello Dr.brick its good to have you with us!!!Don't let the age limit scare you if your mature,I am sure glad I did not let it scare me!

Welcome, a new mature member of the forums is always appreciated *wub*

Im not 18 but the rule doesnt scare me either; infact I think probably half the people registered are below 18 :-$ If you just dont spam and are an overall mature person, the rule seems to null itself ;-)

Look forward to seeing you around the boards, doc!

There seems to be a very large percentage of under 18 members here. (including myself)

Welcome to Eurobricks.

Well, if there are alot of under 18's, I'm not in trouble! :-D

If you don

Welcome to EB

our little weird bricky forums. My god, three years, I was scared off for a day before I gave in to temptation, I couldn't help myself, :-D :-D I'm only 16 now but people have accepted me (or at least make it seem that way 8-| :-P )

Leuven huh? I live in Antwerp, as does Errorist (a fellow EB member who's coincidentally my brother. ;-)

May ye have a fun time here!