poster.jpg

It's that time of year again! The Holiday Season is fast approaching and we're already excited about the latest additions to the Winter Village from TLG: Santa's Workshop and the Winter Village Market. It's now becoming a tradition here in Town that we love to see people's own creations to add to the Winter Village, and this year is no different.

Things have changed slightly, but the core of the contest is here - we'd love YOU to build us an addition the the World of Santa's North Pole Village or create buildings for other holiday characters. Does that sound limiting? Fear not! Even Santa's Village needs train stations and houses and bakeries and all the other things a non-Santa Christmas village would need so be as creative as you want. Frosty and Rudolph and other holiday characters could use their own houses and workplaces too, I think so there's a chance to be really clever if you want as well!

So come on Eurobricks, what are you waiting for? Let's have some wintery fun, and show us what your Holiday Character Winter Village inspired creation is!

The Rules

• Entries must be posted by midnight UTC, December 31st, 2014.
  • One entry per member.
  • Entries must be similar in size to an official release LEGO Winter Village set.
  • Entries should be either Town-themed or Friends-themed and may include either (or both) Minifigs and Minidolls.
  • Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously) and be similar in style to the previous official TLG releases.
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Town forum. The title of the topic should begin with "Winter Village: " and then give the name of the entry.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 5 posted pictures of 1024x768 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.
  • Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and color correction but may not include graphic enhancements.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The Prizes

First Prize:

EITHER

10245 Santa's Workshop

gallery_6705_279_514061.jpg

OR

10235 Winter Village Market

10805504395_c9efbfedbd.jpg

Second Prize: whichever set is not chosen for First Prize, of the two sets above.

Third Prize: TBA

For Inspiration and Reference

Expand the Winter Village Contest IV: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest III: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest II: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Expand the Winter Village Contest: Winners | Entries and Voting | Rules and Discussion

Best of luck everyone, we're looking forward to seeing your entries!

Can I use a sticker I got from a 3rd party as opposed to one I made myself?

As the rules state, only stickers you design yourself can be used.

I have to ask, do the village have to be located on the Nort Pole? I mean, if Santa Claus, of Father Christmas, is genius enough to deliver millions of presents in matter of hours (though time zones help a bit), I do think he would have his base on place without soil. Some scientist claim that North Pole will be ice-free in 2040, and I bet the old red-hat-white-beard knows that. I know Americans think that North Pole is the spot, but every Finn knows that it's Ear Hill at the Finnish/Russian border (Except the ones who think he lives at tourist village in Rovaniemi, but that's ridiculous). But then again, Our Santa might be another man from the Coca-Cola guy at the other side of Atlantic, and rules state the village can be other holiday character's (Hmm, actually sort of a division of labour would be ideal on the Christmas eve situation to avoid disasters like mixing up Austria and Australia, or like in the past centuries, Prussia and Russia).

So, what's contest staff's opinion on this?

I have to ask, do the village have to be located on the Nort Pole? I mean, if Santa Claus, of Father Christmas, is genius enough to deliver millions of presents in matter of hours (though time zones help a bit), I do think he would have his base on place without soil. Some scientist claim that North Pole will be ice-free in 2040, and I bet the old red-hat-white-beard knows that. I know Americans think that North Pole is the spot, but every Finn knows that it's Ear Hill at the Finnish/Russian border (Except the ones who think he lives at tourist village in Rovaniemi, but that's ridiculous). But then again, Our Santa might be another man from the Coca-Cola guy at the other side of Atlantic, and rules state the village can be other holiday character's (Hmm, actually sort of a division of labour would be ideal on the Christmas eve situation to avoid disasters like mixing up Austria and Australia, or like in the past centuries, Prussia and Russia).

So, what's contest staff's opinion on this?

The staff insists that all models be photographed at the North Pole.

The staff insists that all models be photographed at the North Pole.

I'm glad I asked early on, because I just managed to book some cheap North Pole flights before Eurobrickers raise the prizes into heavens. And by living at 62 degrees north I have sort of a advantage. The bad news is that there haven't been sunlight on the Pole since 24th of September and I don't have good lighting equipments. Dang.

No honestly, this is great contest, Santa's lodgings is a place I always wanted to build as a wee lad and I hope I have time to take part on this.

I'm glad I asked early on, because I just managed to book some cheap North Pole flights before Eurobrickers raise the prizes into heavens. And by living at 62 degrees north I have sort of a advantage. The bad news is that there haven't been sunlight on the Pole since 24th of September and I don't have good lighting equipments. Dang.

No honestly, this is great contest, Santa's lodgings is a place I always wanted to build as a wee lad and I hope I have time to take part on this.

:laugh: Looking forward to it. I hope the pilot has landing lights and is experienced at landing on ice drifts. But, since I'm American I believe the North Pole is a land mass named Santa Country so it would be easier for me to travel there.

Great contest. So if I understand correctly the build has to belong to a holiday character. Does that mean any holiday character?

Great contest. So if I understand correctly the build has to belong to a holiday character. Does that mean any holiday character?

The Kwanza-bot perhaps?

Edited by tomdobs55

Yes.

The Kwanza-bot perhaps?

Absolutely! Or you can make up your own.

Thanks for holding this contest again! I look forward to this every year. I think I've participated in every year but the first!

Now to think of ideas so I can win this time...

Here comes Mr Hankey the Christmas Poo! ;)

Acceptable.

You can even do Uncle Sam, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, etc. Just remember, it's Winter.

So just to clarify, if the build is for another holiday character (say Easter Bunny) it would still have to be based at the North Pole and not at the other realm of that character. (Aka: no land of misfit toys, or snowy April Valley, etc.) correct?

So just to clarify, if the build is for another holiday character (say Easter Bunny) it would still have to be based at the North Pole and not at the other realm of that character. (Aka: no land of misfit toys, or snowy April Valley, etc.) correct?

It doesn't matter. Just make it snowy.

Hello, thinking of entering for the first time. I'm not quite sure how to understand the size restrictions. Since I only have the winter market, how big can the baseplate be?

Thanks in advance,

Trish

Hello, thinking of entering for the first time. I'm not quite sure how to understand the size restrictions. Since I only have the winter market, how big can the baseplate be?

Thanks in advance,

Trish

Since the sets don't use baseplates, a similar piece count is probably your best bet.

Does it mean, that I can create my own Holiday character, even Doctor Z. Oidberg for example?)

Oh, and I miss something. What size my entery should be?)

Oh, thanks)

It's mean, that the number of pieces in my entry should be similar to the number of pieces in Santa's Village, isn`t it?)

Edited by -Zond-

Does it mean, that I can create my own Holiday character, even Doctor Z. Oidberg for example?)

Oh, and I miss something. What size my entery should be?)

Dr. Zoidberg is not a holiday character. Please read the rules again. Entries are to be Friends or Town themed. No sculpting or modifying parts.

Oh, thanks)

It's mean, that the number of pieces in my entry should be similar to the number of pieces in Santa's Village, isn`t it?)

As long as it's in scale with the Winter Village sets. We're purposely unspecific about this rule so you can focus on building. If you have an idea, build it. Don't build around a piece count. Winter Village scale. It should look like it would fit in with the rest of the sets produced by LEGO for the Winter Village series.

Don't over-think it.

Oh, thank you one more time)

I think I get it)

You didnt`t understand me. I didn't mean Dr. Zoidberg , I mean Dr Z. Oidberg(just for example)

So, can I create my own Сhristmas character?)