Kroom

[MOC] Mid-Scale Millennium Falcon with interior

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I want to present to you my new Star Wars creation.

I also submited this on Ideas https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83913

Any criticism or advice on how to improve it will be appreciated LEGO_veryhappy.gif .

About the model

I want to made a model of the millenium falcon for the mini figure trophy's size that has as detailed interiors as posible and enought details to be used as display model.

mf_00.png

mf_01.png

mf_05.png

mf_06.png

mf_07.png

mf_08.png

mf_09.png

mf_10.png

mfi_01.png

mfi_02.png

mfi_03.png

mfi_04.png

I hope you like it.

Kroom

I think you did a great work given the scale. I like how you built darth vader, R2 and Yoda. This was made in LDD, right?

Oh and welcome :wink:

Thank!, I'm glad you like it. I love to build for the mini figure trophy's size, i wish this little guys come in diferent shapes like trooper or the main characters of the movies and yes, I made this with LDD, sadly I dont have enough bricks to build it for real.

Great shape and colors, great and original work with interior, also!

Hello Kroom,

you did a really good job on this model. The idea with micro trophys as a crew is briliant. I supported on ideas and I also told you my worries about this landing gear (I'm sure that yours could not be retracted). I have spent some time thinking about possible solution and I made this sketchy idea.

Millennium falcon landing gear.lxf

(I hope you can download this .lxf file)

I'm using the skeleton legs to reach the desired length of the stands. I also recommend to add these modified plates with slide - it makes pulling out by fingernails easier. You couls also replace the skeleton legs with exo-force robot legs, these have the same dimensions. I have used skeleton because I liked it better.

I hope it can be useful.

Regards,

Krištof

This is spectacular! That interior at minifig-trophy scale is great as is the deployable ramp. Really impressive. Already one of the best midi-scale interpretations I've seen- now if you can just get the landing gear to be deployable in real bricks, it'll easily secure my top spot (for whatever that's worth)! :sweet:

Amazing build! I'd love to build this model! Impressive work for this scale. Even though I usually don't get small-scale models, this one would be too perfect to pass up!

Color me impressed, laddie! This is really a brilliant piece of work. Since everybody else has already said just about all there is to be said about the interior, I'll talk about the hull itself. The front of the "saucer" - the round part of the ship that everything else attaches to, and for which I can't find a really appropriate word - looks a little too angular on top. Not sure if that can be fixed with some kind of curved plates (I'd suspect not, but I may be wrong). And the docking rings on either side are pretty bland. They could use a little sprucing up, and maybe the 4x4 round plate could be replaced with two of part 51739 for that hexagon shape.

And that's about the only flaws I can spot! The way you've done the discoloration of the hull is excellent, with that stone blue color. But the finishing touch is that cockpit design. That weird piece is the perfect shape for that scale model (which may be deliberate; I have a sneaking suspicion that that piece was first introduced as the cockpit of the original Lego Millennium Falcon). The minifig doors you use for the sides of the cockpit are a very creative parts selection, and also kinda funny since they are, after all, on either side of the cab of the Falcon - maybe Han has installed a more convenient way to get in and out of the cockpit to the ground? :grin: Well done! What a way to introduce yourself to the Eurobricks community! :thumbup:

Now, one question, and it's kind of a burning one in my mind. Why minifig trophies?

Hello Kroom,

you did a really good job on this model. The idea with micro trophys as a crew is briliant. I supported on ideas and I also told you my worries about this landing gear (I'm sure that yours could not be retracted). I have spent some time thinking about possible solution and I made this sketchy idea.

Millennium falcon landing gear.lxf

(I hope you can download this .lxf file)

I'm using the skeleton legs to reach the desired length of the stands. I also recommend to add these modified plates with slide - it makes pulling out by fingernails easier. You couls also replace the skeleton legs with exo-force robot legs, these have the same dimensions. I have used skeleton because I liked it better.

I hope it can be useful.

Regards,

Krištof

Hi, Kristof, thanks a lot for your support on ideas!. I checked the skeleton's legs, they works great and looks better that the original.

Color me impressed, laddie! This is really a brilliant piece of work. Since everybody else has already said just about all there is to be said about the interior, I'll talk about the hull itself. The front of the "saucer" - the round part of the ship that everything else attaches to, and for which I can't find a really appropriate word - looks a little too angular on top. Not sure if that can be fixed with some kind of curved plates (I'd suspect not, but I may be wrong). And the docking rings on either side are pretty bland. They could use a little sprucing up, and maybe the 4x4 round plate could be replaced with two of part 51739 for that hexagon shape.

And that's about the only flaws I can spot! The way you've done the discoloration of the hull is excellent, with that stone blue color. But the finishing touch is that cockpit design. That weird piece is the perfect shape for that scale model (which may be deliberate; I have a sneaking suspicion that that piece was first introduced as the cockpit of the original Lego Millennium Falcon). The minifig doors you use for the sides of the cockpit are a very creative parts selection, and also kinda funny since they are, after all, on either side of the cab of the Falcon - maybe Han has installed a more convenient way to get in and out of the cockpit to the ground? :grin: Well done! What a way to introduce yourself to the Eurobricks community! :thumbup:

Now, one question, and it's kind of a burning one in my mind. Why minifig trophies?

Yes, the top disk is a little too angular, but I could not find a better way to do it yet. I think your idea for the docking rings is very good, the hexagon shape plates looks better than the round plate. About the minifig trophies, I really like they size and details.

This model is impressive!!!!

I'm wondering how did you place the DBG 3710, 12825 and 2412 on the left side of the Falcon (between the "mandible" and the 4x4 round plate) ?

Suny

This model is impressive!!!!

I'm wondering how did you place the DBG 3710, 12825 and 2412 on the left side of the Falcon (between the "mandible" and the 4x4 round plate) ?

Suny

Thanks Suny, i'm glad you like it. Those pieces are connected by a 1X6 plate (3666).

Kroom

I just find it crazy that a smaller scale of the millenium falcon has a more accurate layout of the in uinverse falcon, compared to the one Lego designed with the expense of any parts in their inventory PLUS custom parts need be.