Since centuries ago, the dragons from Historica have had dealings with a number of humans, but never has there been a stronger bond betweenthe two species than the one that can be found among the inhabitants of the secluded Dragonpeaks. In fact, the bonding is so great that the dragons, who live for several centuries, share a fraction of their life force with the rider they choose, thereby allowing those to live far longer than an average Historician.

Rhitharg the Young is a red dragon of merely 109 years who hasn't yet fully grown horns to indicate his adulthood. As his potential riders tend to die before the rite can be completed, he hasn't found a rider accustomated to him:

8135542814_c64b9657ea_z.jpg

Sirdthig, the current rider, seems to be quite affected towards him, though. Maybe because they both share a fairly violent nature even when compared to other pairs. His squire definitely thinks so and, since the rite includes the decapitation of the squire if the bonding between dragon and rider fails, would highly appreciate it if the soon to be held rite would this time be successful.

Note: This is a slight modification of the dragon that appeared in set 7017.

Unlike most other dragon riders, though, Thoragvil Son of Thror isn't fond of flying, at all. Perhaps that's the reason why he got chosen by Urhark the Fierce, one of the largest two-legged dragons to be known in the annals of Câr Thrakartis. His inability to fly doesn't reduce his might one bit and his surname is not without foundation, either. In fact, enemies reportedly flee the moment they notice that particular pair approaching them. Not that it helps, since despite his bulky appearance, no horse has ever managed to out-run Urhark. And once he engages in melee, nothing can stop him until the last foe is slain:

8135409548_4736c77eb1_z.jpg

Note: Obviously, this one is a modicifation of 2509

Finally, the Lord of the Dragonpeaks doesn't settle below accompanying the Lord of the Dragons themselves. Therefore, Thror III. has bonded with Thrak the Tall decades ago. Even among his kin, Thrak is unusually large and recently manifested his nickname by towering even above some of the elementals summoned by Victor Revolword. Some of which he fought personally while defending several cities. Unlike most other dragons that rely on their claws, tails and breath as weapons, he additionally uses a giant mace and a shield to increase his arsenal:

8135400749_b4400c0526.jpg

Note: A modification of Ofnir from 7021

As always, C&C are most welcome and more can be found at Flickr

Edited by Abu Dun

Nice dragons! I love the first one epescially! :thumbup: Like the back stories as well!

Some of these pictures are outside the size restrictions of the site. Please keep them to no more than 800 x 600. These aren't well over the guidlines, but a few of them are over. Please resize them.

All these dragons are an impressive force, where Nocturnians lack of great armies they compensate it with powerful creatures at their service.

Nice work.

These are some nice modifications. The Minifig choice is pretty nice as well. I would have never thought to call them an air force though, but I rather like that they are.

These are some nice modifications. The Minifig choice is pretty nice as well. I would have never thought to call them an air force though, but I rather like that they are.

Seeing that, aside from Siercon & Coral, not one other member of GoH employs flying beasts at a greater number (I've only seen one Griffin and a Dragon in the service of Avalonia), I figured that Nocturnus should have the supreme rule over the sky - if the troops on the ground can't match the military might of the other guilds. And calling them simply Dragons seemed rather dull :purrr:

Very nice modifications! The riders and and squires have some excellent combos too :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment :classic:

Some interesting dragon designs here. My favorite is Urhark the Fierce. Great modification!