Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

Okay, I'm starting to freak out :pir-cry_sad: !

Every picture that I've seen of the QAR indicates that the ship only comes with three shooting cannons. Even though there are slots for four cannons. Can anyone confirm if the QAR has three or four cannons included? I know that I could just purchase an extra cannon from bricklink or ebay if I wanted, but I'm a little obsessive compulsive (purist) about that sort of thing :pir-tongue:

Another note about the QAR that bothers me, is the six cannon flaps (sorry don't know the official term) on each side of the ship, when only four of them are functional. Anyone else feel the same way?

WOW, the more pictures I see of the (QAR)the more I fall in love :pir-wub:. I can't wait to get my hands on these sets, and also I'm excited to see the upcoming pictures of the Pearl. I wonder what that ship will look like??

Like I've mentioned before I preordered QAR and The Mill on B&N a couple weeks ago. They don't charge you until the item ships; I hope when they do ship the Canadian dollar's parity with the US Dollar will be at a good level...currently it's at like $1 CAD to $1.04 USD.

Actually, that reminds me. Will the QAR actually have that trans-orange skeleton torso?

I really hope this means that transparent figures (of any kind) will become a reality in the future.

I know it's been stated multiple times that transparent figures would be loose or unstable, but we've had transparent heads and now a transparent torso (if skeleton torsos count).

Now is this becoming a PotC hype thread?

It probably is now the LEGO sets have been revealed so there is no more speculation.

Might as well keep going though...

post-273-130174134852.jpg

the POTC minisite's bios are complete!

Check them out!

http://www.LEGO.com/piratesofthecaribbean

I saw that earlier, but thanks for the link.

I'm curious about Angelica's hair/hat. The hair looks identical to Syrena's and Elizabeth's, but it has a hat. Will it be moulded on like Jack's, or will it be detachable? I'll just have to wait and see...

Edited by Gregorovich

Also, it seems Lego is packing the instructions and poster with cardboard to keep it straight!

Caribbean_4181_5342.jpg

Ooh, nice to see TLG is doing this 'cardboarded' instructions even in smaller sets. Hope to see more of these in most sets. :thumbup:

Exactly where/when has the time period for the Pirates of the Caribbean universe been confirmed?

And even if it has been confirmed, is that really going to stop the filmmakers from taking creative liberities?

But lets look into this by examining the rumour material:

The real Ponce de León lived between 1474 to 1521, so that means Strangers Tides would be set around 1721.

However, there are numerous Ponce de Leóns throughout history, so I've just assumed it's the Spanish Conquistador because he's the most likely fit for the story.

The second Pirates of the Caribbean (Dead mans chest) had lots about the East Indian Trading Company, which at its peak was around late 18th and early 19th century, probebly that period then?

Now I don't keep up with this thread completely, so I apologize if this is old news, but I could swear that these sets were coming out in May, yet on the May 2011 calendar pics recently posted they list the release date as April 16 (could be 18, it's hard to tell) for POTC, Alien Conquest and Lego City on May 10th, and Cars on May 16/18 (again hard to tell). Again, I'm sorry if this is old news, but I was under the impression that the sets were to come out in May alongside the fourth movie (May 20th).

Edited by Cad Bane

Is it just me or did Jack lose some hair? It seems like. There's way to little hair on the wig in comparision to the first three movies.

And it's way to blonde, the old one was almost black.

Edited by dr jones

Nice posters and trailers! I can't wait until the premiere! :pir-grin:

I`m very pleased that the reviews from my "home" forum got here :pir-wub: . They were made by VerSen & Zeek. Could you add their names to the title?

I`m very pleased that the reviews from my "home" forum got here :pir-wub: . They were made by VerSen & Zeek. Could you add their names to the title?

I changed it on the frontpage. The reviews were very good so it was indeed a good idea to mention the 'authors'.

If you're a member on the Russian forum, you could perhaps invite those members to our forum (if they can speak a bit English at least).

I think we don't have to mention their names in the title of this topic though.

Their reviews are only a very small part of our forum and I think there will also be English reviews soon.

Edited by Admiral Croissant

The second Pirates of the Caribbean (Dead mans chest) had lots about the East Indian Trading Company' date=' which at its peak was around late 18th and early 19th century, probebly that period then?[/quote']

There will be George II in the 4th film. He was the King of Great Britain between 1727 and 1760...

I think we don't have to mention their names in the title of this topic though.

Their reviews are only a very small part of our forum and I think there will also be English reviews soon.

No-no! I had ment only the news on the frontpage. :pir-look:

Edited by Corioso

There will be George II in the 4th film. He was the King of Great Britain between 1727 and 1760...

It's been confirmed that the fourth film will take place in the year 1750.

I'm just curious. There has been that picture of the May calender floating around here on EB, and I can't tell what it says for the release date for these new POTC sets? Can someone help me out?

I'm just curious. There has been that picture of the May calender floating around here on EB, and I can't tell what it says for the release date for these new POTC sets? Can someone help me out?

Now I don't keep up with this thread completely, so I apologize if this is old news, but I could swear that these sets were coming out in May, yet on the May 2011 calendar pics recently posted they list the release date as April 16 (could be 18, it's hard to tell) for POTC, Alien Conquest and Lego City on May 10th, and Cars on May 16/18 (again hard to tell). Again, I'm sorry if this is old news, but I was under the impression that the sets were to come out in May alongside the fourth movie (May 20th).

As I said above, the calendar says April 16th (though it could be the 18th as it's hard to tell).

I was just on Brickipedia, and I know that they are not always the most reliable, but it said that a Black Pearl, costing $149.99 ($30 more than QAR), and it is to be released in November. I hope they are right, and by the sounds of it, it will be bigger than QAR! :pir-cry_happy:

I was just on Brickipedia, and I know that they are not always the most reliable, but it said that a Black Pearl, costing $149.99 ($30 more than QAR), and it is to be released in November. I hope they are right, and by the sounds of it, it will be bigger than QAR! :pir-cry_happy:

November is right, but according to the catalog at the Toy Fair, I believe, it's $99.99.