Jump to content


The White Tiger


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic  – Started by Aquila D'oro , Jan 08 2010 08:22 AM

#1 Aquila D'oro

Aquila D'oro

    Posts: 71
    Joined: 24-December 09
    Member: 8717

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image




... hmmm ......well i suck i cant get them to show up....
guess you'll just have to click on the links  :pir_laugh2:

okay second time around i've resized them so their not rediculously huge

Edited by Slyowlius the Beatable, 05 February 2010 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Rick

Rick
  • Wants to be important too! (but already is)


    Posts: 7774
    Joined: 11-February 09
    Member: 5261
    Country: The Netherlands

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

Those last two pictures don't seem to be too Lego-related  :pir_laugh2:

To embed your images, just click on the Posted Image button while making/editing your post and copy/past the URL of the image in. Or type [ i m g ] image URL goes here [ / i m g ] (you have to get rid of all the space in the tags though, but I had to type them otherwise no text shows up here).


That said: I like the classic look of your ship and the abundance of white in the color scheme.

#3 Aquila D'oro

Aquila D'oro

    Posts: 71
    Joined: 24-December 09
    Member: 8717

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:34 AM

View PostRick, on Jan 8 2010, 07:29 PM, said:

Those last two pictures don't seem to be too Lego-related  :pir_laugh2:

To embed your images, just click on the Posted Image button while making/editing your post and copy/past the URL of the image in. Or type [ i m g ] image URL goes here [ / i m g ] (you have to get rid of all the space in the tags though, but I had to type them otherwise no text shows up here).


That said: I like the classic look of your ship and the abundance of white in the color scheme.


lol cheers.. i have no idea what those other two pics are/were... clearly that F'ed up lol
lets try again  :pir_laugh2:

SUCCESS!!!

Edited by Aquila D'oro, 08 January 2010 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Princess Muttonchops

Princess Muttonchops
  • Doesn't want to be a keeper either


    Posts: 329
    Joined: 09-July 09
    Member: 6623
    Country: Australia

Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:51 PM

Cool MOC Aquila!  I think the white paneling between the canons works really well.  It will look awesome when you put sails on it!  Sounds like you're working with old lego...are you just getting back into it?  Can't say I noticed any drastic discoloration in the white bricks, except for that first photo, but that's probably more the lighting...

#5 Alex the Great

Alex the Great
  • Captain Blue Hair is the best!


    Posts: 678
    Joined: 22-December 09
    Member: 8678
    Country: Canada

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

I like the use of both ships, and the 8 cannons of course. I'm actually building a ship with the same colour scheme right now, oh, I also like how the boat is British. Good job! :pir-classic:

#6 martinsuper

martinsuper
  • Black Sheep


    Posts: 743
    Joined: 02-March 09
    Member: 5443
    Country: USA

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

I love this.

1. It has the look of an actual LEGO set, but a little better. I enjoy this much more than some of the more intricate ships out there. Now don't get me wrong and quote me as saying this is better than some of the "masterpieces" I have seen on here. All I'm saying is that I enjoy it more.

2. I like that you kept the style of BSB and added your own twist. I have BSB as a redcoat ship in my fleets so I like the usage.

3. I didn't notice the dirty pieces, but some builders on here (my ole' buddy Hornbricker) use dirty pieces to their advantage. Don't forget that tactic.

-martinsuper

Edited by martinsuper, 08 January 2010 - 02:38 PM.


#7 Admiral Ron

Admiral Ron
  • KABOOM!


    Posts: 1095
    Joined: 09-July 09
    Member: 6622
    Country: United States

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

B-E-A-utiful!
"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong." Godfrey of Ibelin, Kingdom of Heaven

Ragvald Stonesplitter, Commander of the Brave Ursurpers

#8 Zorro

Zorro
  • Farewell Dieter!


    Posts: 5757
    Joined: 17-September 08
    Member: 3951
    Country: Belgium

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

An amazingly accurate looking MOC.
I love the White Tiger, and if it were a set I would buy it for sure.
Thanks for sharing :thumbup: !

#9 Jack Bricker

Jack Bricker

    Posts: 621
    Joined: 01-November 09
    Member: 8047

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

I like it.  You did a very good job with the color scheme.  I like how you replaced the cheap looking yellow/gold with the white.  That looks really good.  Someday somebody "me" is going to upload some scans of the Imperial flagships sails.  You could use those.  Again, you made a really good looking ship.

#10 Dr. Steve

Dr. Steve

    Posts: 687
    Joined: 23-June 08
    Member: 3382

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

I love the kitten on the bow. Never change that....Overall I really like your Moc!

#11 Legorski

Legorski

    Posts: 339
    Joined: 29-December 09
    Member: 8804
    Country: Canada

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:56 PM

Nice, Love the kitty!  :pir_laugh2:

#12 Commodore Hornbricker

Commodore Hornbricker
  • Cyborg Chef Splatter


    Posts: 2181
    Joined: 30-January 09
    Member: 5169
    Country: USA

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

Hey great ship. Me-WOW! I like the upgraded but classic-lego pirate feel and well let's be honest more cannon's are always good!  I like it and dirty white bricks are especially good...they should charge more for those on bricklink  :pir_laugh2:  Seriously though you have to loose the cat on the bow.

Edited by Commodore Hornbricker, 08 January 2010 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image Sail on over to the Port of Brick Royal
"I am not having him flogged for fighting, Mr. Gerard." - Horatio Hornblower

#13 Aquila D'oro

Aquila D'oro

    Posts: 71
    Joined: 24-December 09
    Member: 8717

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

thanks for the support everyone, glad you like it  :pir_laugh2:

View Postmartinsuper, on Jan 9 2010, 01:37 AM, said:

I love this.

1. It has the look of an actual LEGO set, but a little better. I enjoy this much more than some of the more intricate ships out there. Now don't get me wrong and quote me as saying this is better than some of the "masterpieces" I have seen on here. All I'm saying is that I enjoy it more.

2. I like that you kept the style of BSB and added your own twist. I have BSB as a redcoat ship in my fleets so I like the usage.

3. I didn't notice the dirty pieces, but some builders on here (my ole' buddy Hornbricker) use dirty pieces to their advantage. Don't forget that tactic.

-martinsuper


wow using dirty pieces for a realistic /rustic look that is good thinking *puts away old toothbrush and bowl of warm water*


View PostWalrus Keeper, on Jan 8 2010, 11:51 PM, said:

Cool MOC Aquila!  I think the white paneling between the canons works really well.  It will look awesome when you put sails on it!  Sounds like you're working with old lego...are you just getting back into it?  Can't say I noticed any drastic discoloration in the white bricks, except for that first photo, but that's probably more the lighting...

I did aim/move a desk lamp to help with lighting so you could see inside the hull a bit better.


If there are any changes i'd make it would be to do more elegant side and bow railings but i would ned to get a few more white/black cones. as these decorative all be it small pieces are the first things you'll loose as a child growing up with lego as im sure you know  :pir_laugh2:

Yeah I was on a bit of break (understatement), it wasnt until August last year that i saw some white lattice windows on ebay plus a few other bits that i needed to complete one of my other ships (my master piece, called The Aquila D'oro funnily enough) so i was able to continue with that project. however i got quite a few hull sections and masts amongst all the bidding etc so i decided to do a couple of MOC's. this one being the first i think.

Unfortunately i got new inspiration from pics of the imperial flagship so not to be out done by TLG im making the Aquila D'oro into a complete double decker  :pir-tongue:  (at the moment it has walk ways down the sides like the BSB), im in the process of totaling up the parts for a large bricklink order(s). although i have gotten a little side tracked lately.... i.e. buying all the 2009 pirates as well as older ship sets from eBay over Xmas ... i think im up to 13 ships in total - most of which are just multiples of original older sets. and i still havent gotten round to buying the imperial flagship yet  :pir_laugh2:

View PostCommodore Hornbricker, on Jan 9 2010, 09:07 AM, said:

Hey great ship. Me-WOW! I like the upgraded but classic-lego pirate feel and well let's be honest more cannon's are always good!  I like it and dirty white bricks are especially good...they should charge more for those on bricklink  :pir_laugh2:  Seriously though you have to loose the cat on the bow.

Meow??  :pir-tongue:

Edited by Aquila D'oro, 08 January 2010 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Zorbas

Zorbas
  • Tough on stains!


    Posts: 1472
    Joined: 07-December 08
    Member: 4609
    Country: Greece

Posted 08 January 2010 - 11:24 PM

Great work! :pir-sweet:

The white colour on the ship makes it look fantastic and the addition of four more cannons is just excellent!
I kinda like these kind of MOCs/MODs on BSBs because they combine both the original model to some extend and the creativity of the builder.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us Aquila!
:thumbup:
"Bricks and stones, timber and tiles - are of no use when dumped at random..."
Xenophon - "Memoirs of Socrates"
Brickshelf

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines
Index of helpful tutorials

by Jebediahs

Posted Image


#15 Fires-storm

Fires-storm
  • Modern Wright Brother


    Posts: 807
    Joined: 20-January 10
    Member: 9182
    Country: United States

Posted 28 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

A beautiful looking ship, I love the color scheme, if this was a set it would soon be mine, lol :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Fires-storm, 28 January 2010 - 06:27 PM.

If you cannot win the battle, win the war.

#16 Big Cam

Big Cam
  • A good mood, too.


    Posts: 13999
    Joined: 02-April 09
    Member: 5701
    Country: USA

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:14 PM

Great creation,  the white really looks good.

#17 Blackheart Brit

Blackheart Brit

    Posts: 145
    Joined: 10-December 08
    Member: 4650

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

The colors look great, almost the BSB with no yellow.  I like it.   Your sails sound good too, thin red stripe with crossed cannons.  Pirates beware.

#18 the_green_avenger

the_green_avenger

    Posts: 372
    Joined: 29-June 09
    Member: 6530
    Country: U.S. of A.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:11 AM

COol! an interesting combination of the bsb ses etc.

I could easily see this as a trademark lego brand set.

VERY Great. very great indeed.
Posted Image

In my eyes nothing is ever really "completed", Only more or less detailed - Me

Genius is an infinate attention to detail - Napolean Bonaparte


MY current WIP:
HMS Beagle

HMS Rochester
HMS Regal Empress (incomplete)
HMS Circumstance




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored Links