Just started LDD and, voila, a new version downloading :classic:

EDIT: version is 4.3.5. Brickset version is 835, a major step up from the old 604

EDIT: info from the LDD team via mail:

212 new bricks.

118 bricks had one or more bug fixes.

9 new decorations.

New Baseplates and Train Track! This should make it a lot easer to gauge scale when making stations :laugh:

Edited by tom-cat

New minifig-goodness!

Screenshot of new pieces

There were also a ton of Friends accessories and Andrea's hair.

EDIT: I forgot to look into the hat department, there was a beanie, and other new stuff. Also, that clip thing on that guy's staff in the Rancor Pit is also in LDD.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S
Oversized image converted in text link (maximum size allowed is 800x600).

Just in time for me! I've been making a set of custom minifigs to render them in LDD2Povray, and now we have some CM stuff from series 4 and 8!

9 new decorations.

The correct number should have been around 500 :S. Why don't they make those many head and torso decorations? Or at least make it possible to upload a .png image for them?

Huzzah! I'm so excited to try it. :excited:

The correct number should have been around 500 :S. Why don't they make those many head and torso decorations? Or at least make it possible to upload a .png image for them?

Is there any new minifig decorations? I always found those to be some of the most lacking parts of LDD.

This is a nice surprise. I started LDD, saw the patch, started the download, and came here to see what's new. I'm 25 megs into the download and have a feeling I'm going to be a bit late to work this morning. :devil:

Hi all! I'm new to this place and somewhat new to LDD... but am I the only one finding that part 87781 (space helmet, as seen in Alien Conquest and on the Intergalactic Girl minifig) suddenly no longer allows visors (part 2447) to be attached? It worked with the previous version of LDD (4.2.5) but not the new one I just downloaded (4.3.5).

If I'm not alone... is there a way to submit this to the right folks as a bug report? It's very frustrating to have every other space model I open auto-delete the visors off the minifig helments!

Edited by Banjo

Hi all! I'm new to this place and somewhat new to LDD... but am I the only one finding that part 87781 (space helmet, as seen in Alien Conquest and on the Intergalactic Girl minifig) suddenly no longer allows visors (part 2447) to be attached? It worked with the previous version of LDD (4.2.5) but not the new one I just downloaded (4.3.5).

If I'm not alone... is there a way to submit this to the right folks as a bug report? It's very frustrating to have every other space model I open auto-delete the visors off the minifig helments!

You're right.

Workaround: Place the visor on a 3842 helmet. Rotate the visor about 7 degrees forward (flip it down). Now it will fit on the 87781.

EDIT: You can report in this forum (here is the new topic for 4.3.5). I collect each and everyone and send to the LDD Team. You can also report a bug to the LEGO Customer Service help desk.

Yuck, now I'm going to have to relearn where pieces are. It looks to be better organized, but old habits are going to be hard to break. On the plus side, we finally get a Wookie. :wub:

I am in school and just saw this! Will be jumping on it when I get home,

So freaking psyched now!

So freaking psyched now!

So freaking psyched now!

Just saw Jar-Jar in there, too!

Edited by Jason C. Hand

Awesome! Even though I expected this soon, it still caught me by surprise when I opened Eurobricks and saw the news. Can't wait until someone compiles a file containing a full spread of the new parts so that I can effectively brainstorm things to use them for. In the meantime, I already see many that might be useful in the pictures in this topic.

I suppose I'm also going to have to help with some decoration mapping for LDD Manager, although that should be a lot easier if like the last version all the decorated parts appear in the correct colors (with minor errors) on the basic LDD mode.

EDIT: Nope, it looks like the basic LDD mode didn't change except for the long-overdue re-categorization of parts, so I have no idea which decorations are new. In time I should be able to find them.

Edited by Aanchir

Is that you I see in the credits there Kalle :D

Shit...my covers' been blown :tongue:

I suppose I'm also going to have to help with some decoration mapping for LDD Manager, although that should be a lot easier if like the last version all the decorated parts appear in the correct colors (with minor errors) on the basic LDD mode.

I'd love to take you up on that offer. I'll PM you :classic:

All I can say is WOOT!

EDIT: Now that I've opened LDD and installed the update, now all I can say is I LOVE THE NEW PIECE CATEGORIES!!!

Edited by vynsane