WhiteFang

REVIEW: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

On a scale of 1 to 5  

279 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire Series 7?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Right now, what is the best released LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

4. 4. Are you looking forward to the new images of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8?

• Yes, I can't wait to see the new official designs!
    • Maybe a little bit interested but not really that interested...
    • No, I am getting bored of this theme!

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

Time flies and the pace is getting faster than ever before! We are still in the midst of the first quarter of the year 2012 and the next new sequel is ready for global launch in 1st April 2012. As always, I am extremely pleased to bring you this very special traditional reviewing coverage for our Eurobricks community. I am pretty confident that the new LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 will definitely set another new recording hype after revealing many new intriguing exciting LEGO elements and minifigures' designs in this review.

First of all, before I officially begin this review in proper. I will like to give my most sincere thanks to TLG (The LEGO Group) for being so nice and appreciative to allow me to have this exclusive early preview for this anticipating brand new LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series. This will not be made possible, without the kind assistance of our hardworking Eurobricks Staff/LEGO Ambassador, CopMike and the rest of the staffers as well, for being so supportive to wish me to continue working on this traditional reviewing coverage in Eurobricks! I can't believe it myself that my first Collectable Minifigures review was done back in May 2010. Now, it is very close to 2 years and we are marking the release of this incredible 7th wave! I am really very glad to be given such honour to work on this reviewing project and I sincerely hope that you will continue enjoy this reviewing experience.

Back to our usual polling business, it's time to re-cap the past Eurobricks Collectable Minifigures polls once more. With Series 1 and Series 2 launching the first waves in the year 2010 and it continue with another 3 waves of minifigures craze in the year 2011, putting Series 3, Series 4 and Series 5 in another bountiful year. Starting with the year 2012, the new Series 6 came into the picture and shortly after, the brand new Collectable Minifigures Series had finally hit in and this will be a great opportunity for our community to cast their preferred votes in the Series 7 poll statistics

Name: 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7

Theme: LEGO System / Collectable Minifigures / Series 7

Year: 2012

Minifigs: 16 unique minifigures

Price for 1 box: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Price for 1 packet: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An image of an 8831 LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 box

1.jpg

I did not really take notice of the new colour packaging for Series 7 in the mainstream discussion and, so when I first received the package, I was pretty surprised to note that the new packaging colour theme is actually 'scarlet red'. With the numerous multiple colourful vivid new themes I am certainly pleased to see how the whole series had developed over the course of time. Below are some of the image links that portray the different angles of the box.

[Reference 1]

[Reference 2]

[Reference 3]

The 7 different colour packaging themes for Series 1 to 7 boxes

3.jpg

4.jpg

What could possibly contain within these mysterious sealed packets?

5.jpg

Let's start our New Year by completing a set of 16 unique minifigures in Series 7!

77.jpg

I am always a huge fan of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series and seeing how vast the entire product range had gone after numerous waves of global releases, we are now seeing another new heightening exciting experience for many LEGO collectors and fans. Each new series simply provides new windows of imaginations and opportunities that allows us to gain direct access to many new incredible and desired parts and designs which can never or hardly be made possible. Many of us have only seen this image and not many were impressed when we compared with earlier previously released series. However, there are plentiful of potentials that a few of us had failed to identify and this is where I will share why you should never neglect or give up collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series. :wink:

Front view comparison between Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 packets

8.jpg

Putting all of these LEGO Collectable Minifigures packets together, has certainly made the entire series for the packaging designs to be very nicely conceptualised. You could hardly see the linkage when you view it individually but when you placed them in a chronological order, it is pretty good. This is the front view of the packet, while this is the back image the current Series 7 packet.

As always, I will like to highlight this small little sharing session for our members. To promote the effectiveness of getting the ones you want without going through the blind packaging concept, I have resorted by practising and honing the method of "touch and feel". This method has never failed me and as long the box remains 'new' and 'untouched' to some extent, then it is definitely possible to obtain your desired minifigures with a high probability. Of course, that will differ from countries to countries and how popular this Series can be. In Singapore's case, it is almost zero to none to hardly see such above ideal scenario. But still, with your adequate LEGO experience and knowledge of the unique parts, it is not hard to identify them and to isolate them! This method never fails me and let's face it and move away from other prehistoric approaches that we are familiar with when it was first launched. :laugh:

Front view of the Minifigs Series 7 promotional leaflet

7.jpg

Back view of the Minifigs Series 7 promotional leaflet

7deeplink1.jpg

1) The leading Swimming Champion

9swimming.jpg

LEGO Sports in the Collectable Minifigures Series has expanded by another notch with this new Swimming category which will be among the new sporting category that the minifigures will embrace. I believe this is the very first professional swimmer which I tend to associate it with the Olympics Games. In this case, this is a female swimmer who have won the gold medal.

This is an image of the Swimming Champion without her swimming goggle on.

Parts assortment

10.jpg

It might not be appealing to some collectors but I am sure it will be pretty receptive for those City collectors who finally have a chance to add in more swimming attires. I am pretty fond of the new medal design which fitted nicely onto the neck without leaving any obscure gap. The dual expression on the head is also welcomed and the swimming goggle is pretty detailed as well.

Am I ready for this?

12.jpg

Showcasing the world of LEGO Sports

13.jpg

2) The mighty Aztec Warrior

14aztec.jpg

I am extremely pleased to see such a remarkable historic eagle-like warrior that exists in the Aztec civilisation, to be made into a LEGO minifigure. It is truly terrific to see such highly detailed warrior, arming himself with this spear weaponry. I am certain this will be one of the highly-sought for minifigure for those historic collectors, including myself. More importantly, this is also the very first LEGO Aztec Warrior which is ever created and I am very pleased to see it in the Collectable Minifigures Series.

This is an image of the Aztec Warrior which feature an up-close shot of the round shield.

Parts assortment

15.jpg

The parts are extremely detailed and well equipped to re-create such warrior. The colours for the helmet and the spear appeared to be pearl-gold and it is nowhere near to the gold standard. In this image, you are able to admire the details of the Aztec Warrior helmet's side which resembles the like of the mighty eagle and from there, you are able to view the back of the helmet.

Different usage of Warriors Spears

17.jpg

3) The adorable Bunny Suit Guy

18bunny.jpg

Who like Mr. Bunny Man? I supposed all children will enjoy to see cute cuddling mascots and you will probably noticed them walking around in the shopping malls, amusement parks or any LEGO table-top towns. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of these type of cute cuddly animals but I can understand the purpose of putting it in here to create a new form of variety and there is bound to have others who like these. For myself, I do prefer the earlier animal costumes mascots like these 2 fellows. I supposed it is just a matter of personal preference.

Parts assortment

19.jpg

The parts assortment are quite limited in terms of variety. Apart from the unique bunny headpiece, the rest are quite common. The bunny suit torso is quite detailed as it offers back-printing which attempts to illustrate the bunny tail. At this moment, I can't find any of my old carrots' parts but I do believe that this carrot is a little bit longer for the green tip than the usual one.

LEGO Mascots Parade

20.jpg

4) The beautiful Bride

21bride.jpg

I am very pleased to see a new Bride design. It seems TLG has finally developed and go into proper bridal designs for the LEGO minifigures, with the first 853340 Minifigure Wedding Favour Set and after seeing this improved version, I will like to actually combine both of the designs together to make my own. Nonetheless, this is definitely a minifigure that many will look out for even though you can't actually 'army-build' a harem of brides. :laugh:

This is another beautiful image of the Bride.

Parts assortment

22.jpg

The parts are very good, in particular the new flower stalk design, the wedding veil and the hairpiece. The new flower stalk design is incredibly handy and effective for one to hold a bouquet of roses unlike the traditional flowers. While, both wedding veils which can be used inter-changeably for different kind of design variations. What I really love, is the new bride's hairpiece which is very nice and neat. I will think many of my friends who are getting married, will love to have of this minifigure. :wub:

Who is my real bride?

24.jpg

5) The powerful Ocean King

25ocean.jpg

This Ocean King certainly looks very impressive in his throne outfit, adding with its powerful aura surrounding him when I held it in my hands. In fact, this is the very first yellow-skinned (new-mermaid type) design which was originally taken from the 4194 Whitecap Bay, Pirates of the Caribbean. He can be easily be reference as Poseidon (Greek Mythology) or Neptune (Roman Mythology) due to bearing of similar resemblance. Now, how I wish I could assemble a force of Merman and Mermaids of these scale to put them into the Atlantis City. Perhaps, this Ocean King can be the new leader of this aquatic Atlantis sea creatures!

This is another image of the Ocean King without the beard.

Parts assortment

26.jpg

The parts are very nicely designed and it even comes with Ninjago, Sensei Wu's beard design and the golden seashell crown which had the combined extension of his white long hair. The pearl gold trident is the same one which is found in the Atlantis sets. As for his whipping tail, I can't help but to notice that this might be the very same batch and quality from the Pirates of the Caribbean production even though they are of the different print.

Underwater Kingdom

28.jpg

6) The Scottish Bagpiper

29piper.jpg

I have read many of our Eurobricks members who are so excited about this bagpiper especially wanting to integrate into their colonial armies formation or even a military band or so. It really excites me as well. This bagpipe also known as the Great Highland Bagpipe originates from Scotland. It is widely famous for both its military and civilian role. Now I am pretty hype to see how others will make use of this outstanding minifigure.

This is an image of the Bagpiper without holding the bagpipe.

Parts assortment

30.jpg

The parts assortment is excellent with plentiful of fine details. Like the kilt, which is similar to those cloth paper-like material, is also used and seen in the Series 3, Hula Dancer and the Series 4, Ice Skater. It adds in lots of realism in it instead of leaving the torso and legs print. Now, you can see what is behind the kilt. If you had taken a careful examination of the head-wear attire, you will notice the very fine contour lines at the top of it and that is something I really enjoy seeing! :wub:

The very detailed LEGO bagpipe design

32.jpg

33.jpg

This is a special section which features this incredible new detailed LEGO bagpipe. It is made up of hard ABS plastic and the prints are highly detailed and refined with the patches of artwork. You can also clearly see the different parts of the bagpipe such as the air bag, chanter and drone pipes. It is not hard to position the bagpipe in the correct position where the bagpiper can played their music.

Forward March

34.jpg

7) The hotshot Daredevil

35stunt.jpg

Daring stunt-driver in action. Not the kind of career choice for the weak hearted. This fellow has a sleek and confident expression written all over his face. You could definitely place him in those stunt performance or a race course circuit with other professional racers. One way or another, it does struck me like a race car driver, like the one in Series 3. You might even want to consider putting him to pilot this airshow plane.

Parts assortment

36.jpg

I am quite fond of his accessories especially the white cape/robe which can be useful for customisation purposes and another new colour of the Elvis's signature hairdo which can be found in the Series 6, Mechanic as well. It also contains dual facial expression on his headpiece which feature his confidence and his cowardly expression.

What you can think of doing with your Daredevil?

37.jpg

Rivals & Brothers?

38.jpg

8) The gung-ho Galaxy Patrol

39galaxy.jpg

This will definitely be my number 1 favourite minifigure in this entire series! Initially, I was not very impressed until I actually feel it and see it with my very own eyes. Even though I am not a Classic Space collector by nature or of huge interest to any LEGO Space themes, but this Galaxy Patrol equivalent of a Starcraft Space Marines, blew my mind away. Look further down to understand why. :wub:

Parts assortment

40.jpg

The parts are incredible and detailed to very inch of it. Right from the prints of the torsos, to the jet-pack armour which features the LEGO Classic Space insignia at both sides, laser pulse gun, helmet and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the dual expression head piece that features the humane side of the minifigure and his combat side with the visor on, imprinted with battle coordinates, targeting imaging, etc. That factor alone had made me gone very excited. The dark blue colour scheme is very fitted and suitable for space combat and is definitely the best way to move forward. I will even think this is much cooler than Halo Series (FYI, I don't play that game). The jet-pack armour on the front also allows us to place a 1x1 round colour studs of any kind on it to indicate the status of the troopers? I have not try it though. For your info, the new jet-pack armour is the same as the exclusive Lex Luther's polybag.

Take a look at the Galaxy Patrol in his full-combat attire

41.jpg

The technical breakdown of the Galaxy Patrol's combat attire

42.jpg

The new Classic Space Defenders

43.jpg

Showdown between the good & evil

44.jpg

9) The arrogant Tennis Ace

45tennis.jpg

My oh my, it appears our sporting arena in the interest area of Tennis has come a new rival. The earlier Series 3, Tennis Player has a new competitor line-up and it fits well by putting both into a healthy competition. If you are into Sports and City, then you should at least get one or two to create some new varieties.

Parts assortment

46.jpg

The parts are quite normal and within expectations. He holds the very same racket design and this time, it comes in dark blue. The only interesting parts which I particularly preferred is the spiky messy hairstyle of his. The sweatshirt on the torso design also makes a fine sportswear as well. Please note that the white headband for is merely covering the front of his head and not the whole of it.

Game for a match?

47.jpg

10) The cheerful Jungle Boy

48jungle.jpg

Ah, the happy go lucky Jungle Boy! If you like Tarzan, then you will definitely associate this minifigure alike with him. I will tend to place him together with the prehistoric stuff and it will be much suited in that scene. It is an useful minifigure and I will think the parts alone will be good for general minifigures customisation.

Parts assortment

49.jpg

The parts assortment is pretty decent but I don't like the re-hash of that Safari monkey. It will be better if we can see a new animal type in here. The daggers are nothing new like we see in the Indiana Jones sets, for example. Then, this minifigure will probably offer you an additional spare dagger which other LEGO Collectable Minifigures no longer offers. Do note that even my camera can't seems to show this point well due to lighting issues, and if I recall correctly, the hairpiece is orange-brown colour. I am very certain of it.

My prehistoric family

50.jpg

11) The peace loving Hippie

51hippie.jpg

Seeing the Hippie culture made it into the LEGO scene as one of the official minifigures was certainly a surprise to me. It is not too bad and it is good to see something in reality that we can actually associate them with, especially with the much younger and recent generations who are not too familiar with this movement. Actually, I tend to view it as a good City civilian minifigure that can be used to populate your town, holding the bouquet of sunflowers which I infer to as, promoting of peace. The overall design of this minifigure is surprisingly detailed to the extent that there are side-printing on his arms.

Parts assortment

52.jpg

If you are into collecting City minifigures, you must definitely get this for the incredible hairpiece and the torso. Those are very unique and special and to the extent that at one glance, you will know for sure that this is a Hippie minifigure and that is the amount of details that they had gave to this design. Like the Bride minifigure above, the Hippie also holding the same new design of the flower stalk.

Lots of fun and joy through music

53.jpg

Let's wish for World Peace...

54.jpg

12) The smart looking Computer Programmer

55computer.jpg

This smart looking man is a computer programmer. If you ask me, I will think he is like a gentleman with brains and no brawns. Although his appearance may looks nerdy but his very existence have just introduced a brand new civilian occupation which can also be introduced as a teacher. It is good to see new City occupations variations unlike the boring uniform groups.

Parts assortment

56.jpg

The parts are incredibly good. I am fond of the new accessories print like the new white mug which printed this computer directory path of your Windows Computer stating the root directory of your C: Drive. Isn't it cool? Not only that, it comes with a grey looking tablet PC which is manufactured and produced by TLG. I think the parts alone are welcoming enough to see this minifigure making into others' wish list.

Viewing the Computer Programmer's accessories in detail

58.jpg

Staring at the screen blankly!

57.jpg

Do you think this is the typical life model that we are facing now?

59.jpg

13) The brave Valkyrie

60viking.jpg

Surprise? I have not been dwelling through in the discussions but I am extremely pleased to note the Valkyrie actually came with a skirt torso instead of a leg torso. I thought she will just be a typical female warrior but I am so glad I am wrong. The bonus skirt torso design is pleasantly well-designed and plus a couple more exciting stuff below which has made this minifigure a close preference race with the Galaxy Patrol and will definitely be identified as army building potential for the Viking Tribe which will fight together with the male Vikings counterparts. I am really very glad to see this being produced.

Parts assortment

61.jpg

The parts assortment is very good and instead of giving an axe. It gave us a sword and it kind of make me want define the Valkyrie as Swordwoman ranking. It also comes with a dual expression which shows the feminine side of the Valkyrie and the fearsome side of her. The hairpiece is very nicely designed together with the helmet and you can see how it looks like in here. The skirt torso can be introduced and customised for medieval maidens and that means more medieval stuff for me. You can take a look at this image where I had swapped the headpiece for both of the Vikings.

Never mess with a swordwoman

62.jpg

Vikings Tribe

64.jpg

14) The deceptive Evil Knight

65evil.jpg

This series is driving me nuts and there is a lot of potential for army building! Geez, this Evil Knight is no exception and for medieval fans including myself, I will be searching this new Evil Knight which is under the 'Wild Boar' faction and it is clearly to be evil to build a new empire to invade other good Castle faction including Crown Kingdom and Lion Kingdom! All of which, will have to face this impending new threat.

Parts assortment

66.jpg

The parts assortment are excellent and it comes with the standard issued equipment for combat. The new armour is nicely designed and can also be used for other types of black knights including the legs. While the new shield design is welcoming as we can definitely create a new faction known as 'Wild Boar' animal type that is known to be aggressive on the front. The sword design is similar to the Series 6, Celtic Warrior but this one comes in a darker colour tone that attempts to emulate steel finishing.

Evolution of a typical Evil Knight...

67.jpg

WhiteFang duel with the infamous Evil Knight

68.jpg

15) The wild Rocker Girl

69rocker.jpg

This new wild Rocker Girl had definitely adds in lots of new excitement to see a brand new member in this Rock band setting. It kind of reminded me of one of the character when I was playing the LEGO Rock Band video game on my Nintendo DS but I can't seem to recall the exact feature though. The design and colour scheme are very bright, striking and bold! You can't avoid the attention that it is giving out. This Rocker girl tends to associate herself with the lightning bolt which can be seen on her torso and her right cheek. A pretty cool character to match up with the Series 4, Rocker which can be seen below with their distinct comparison.

Parts assortment

70.jpg

The parts assortment are pretty decent and it is good to see a new colour scheme for the electric guitar. I felt the main highlight of this Rocker girl, will definitely be the brand new pink hairpiece which is totally brilliant and could also be used for male minifigures as well. I got problem to mix and match with that pinkish long hairstyle.

Notice the different hairdos between the Rockers?

72.jpg

Rock & Roll...

71.jpg

16) The cute Grandma's visitor

73visitor.jpg

This minifigure is simply brilliant and I just could not resist it to associate it with the classic Little Red Riding Hood. The entire appearance is just too 'cute' to be true. The overall outfit is unique and can be clearly identified with the storybook. It is very lovely to see a sweet young child like herself to be created as a minifigure to increase the number of child-like minifigures for both City and Medieval settings.

Parts assortment

74.jpg

The parts assortment are pretty good especially the new picnic basket. The picnic basket is made up of soft rubber material and within the basket, it is able to hold a piece of food that must be small in order for it to fit in. Do note that her cape design is of different sizes as compared with the regular one. I don't recall seeing such version before.

Bringing Mr. Teddy with me

75.jpg

No nasty bad wolf will be able to hurt you, my milady

76.jpg

Dedicating to the ladies of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures

88.jpg

As I had mentioned before, the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 is the largest amount of newly released female minifigures. Looking back at Series 1, I could vividly remembered from our past discussions that the amount of female minifigures are not enough and lots of focus and attention were given to the Series 1, Cheerleader and the Nurse. The fans wanted more variations and more female minifigures to add more new varieties in our collection.

TLG had definitely heard our voices! As you can see, I have put together all of the 'known' LEGO female Collectable Minifigures and assemble them here to show you how much TLG had focused and expanded. Among the 25 LEGO female Collectable Minfigures from Series 1 to 7, there are 7 new skirt torsos which are very nicely designed and incorporate many fine details to be used in many possible settings. I could see a growing trend and I do think it is a welcoming move to find some of it in skirt torso designs which I define it more 'feminine looking'. We also have the very first short-legs female minifigure for our Grandma Visitor. There are also plentiful of new female hairpieces too. Overall, I am very pleased how this is moving forward. :sweet:

Building up the LEGO Collectable Minifigures' armies

89.jpg

I am sure I am not the only one who felt this way. In a way, I am considered an army builder that will like to amass large quantities of army related designs and some of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures are considered to be under this classification. In the image above, these are my personal selection which I deemed to be possible army building possibilities and the ones which I am very fond of. Ranging from the historic, medieval down to Sci-Fi themes, these are the kind of minifigures where such collectors aspire to arrange them in army formation to showcase the might in sheer numbers.

Reality does not make it possible for me to army-build every single minifigure in there and I only select those that are really very importantly special like the Elf, Samurai and Dwarf. While some others like Spartan and Forestman, which are completely beyond my reach due to out-of-production and scarcity. All in all, I will need to gear up for the search of Series 7, especially the ones which I had listed in there. I am sure those new minifigures will be among the hottest to snap up by buyers.

A general comparison for the Collectable Minifigures Series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

87.jpg

So, what do everyone feels about the current LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7?

In my humble opinion, I think TLG has done an excellent commendable job. This is an impressive new LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series and it is now totalled to '112' LEGO Collectable Minifigures which are completely uniquely designed and is never released or included to any official LEGO sets until this very moment. Just enjoyed the spectacular view where they gathered for a group picture.

I will also like to take this opportunity to highlight the fact again that the LEGO Collectable Minifigures has passed beyond the 100th mark. But, did you notice that the 100th LEGO Collectable Minifigure design is the Bride? Now, knowing that the Bride is the 100th minifigure design. I wonder if it means anything significant or something interesting behind the numbering? I always find it pretty intriguing. What do you think?

The LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 is also the only Series that have the highest amount of female minifigures. In this series, the Swimming Champion, Bride, Valkyrie, Rocker Girl and Grandma Visitor are the new unique designs for the female minifigures. Unlike previously released series, the average of LEGO female minifigures making it into the series was only at an average of 3 per series and the lowest amount of appearances were actually the Cheerleader and the Nurse which is from Series 1. So, what can you see from here? I see a growing trend that TLG had actually indeed listened to our voices by putting in more new female counterparts to create new variety for our minifigures population. I am actually very pleased to note that such growing ratio is pretty healthy.

From what I can see, this entire theme has evolved and transformed into something incredibly amazing! This can't be made possible in the current LEGO play themes to only create a few handful unique minifigure designs for the play sets. Instead, this is a brand new opportunity which is renewing our wish-list by actually designing the endless imaginations and possibilities and to be presented in the LEGO Collectable Minifigures series by just acquiring the minifigures alone without the bricks.

This is not about LEGO bricks. This is all about the love of LEGO minifigures. A gateway for LEGO collectors to truly expand their minifigures collections. The feeling of enjoying the sight of all the LEGO Collectable Minifigures gathering together for a pose is a form of unimaginable of happiness and excitement!

I am really glad that the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 is not the last of its kind and I am sure there will be more new surprises for the new Series 8. Now, the wish which I hope the rest of us are with me together, is continue to see the continuation of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series before it go completely extinct.

General Statistics for Minifigures Series 7

79.jpg

Below is the combination which I have received from my box,

3 Swimming Champions

3 Aztec Warriors

3 Bunny Suit Guys

3 Brides

3 Ocean Kings

4 Bagpipers

4 Daredevils

5 Galaxy Patrols

4 Tennis Aces

5 Jungle Boys

4 Hippies

4 Computer Programmers

4 Valkyries

5 Evil Knights

3 Rocker Girls

3 Grandma Visitors

Based on the above, I managed to achieve 3 full complete sets of 16 unique minifigs each. It means I have only 12 remaining random spares left. Read down to find out what are the remaining spares I have.

My remaining spares

0 Swimming Champions

0 Aztec Warriors

0 Bunny Suit Guys

0 Brides

0 Ocean Kings

1 Bagpipers

1 Daredevils

2 Galaxy Patrols

1 Tennis Aces

2 Jungle Boys

1 Hippies

1 Computer Programmers

1 Valkyries

2 Evil Knights

0 Rocker Girls

0 Grandma Visitors

Data Analysis

Based on the data which I have complied, I have drafted my basic analysis based on my own take. Buying 1 full complete MISB box will allow you to achieve 3 maximum complete unique sets and this is an excellent opportunity for one to complete a few sets without the hassle of scrambling at retail stores. I really hope the given distribution above, is also the same distribution for the rest of the world.

So far, each of the 16 unique collectable minifigures have an equal chance of getting 3 out of 48 packets, when a fresh untouched box is opened and consumers will rush in to buy it separately. That will be a 6.25% probability based only on 48 packets. When you add the remaining 12 spares into the calculation, 7 unique minifigures are only available at 21 out of 60 packets and this translates to 35% in total and 3.5% each, which makes it even harder to achieve by just doing it randomly. Whereas, the probability of getting the Galaxy Patrols, Jungle Boys and Evil Knights are on the much higher frequency, since they are available at 15 out of 60 and this translates to 25% in total and 8.33% each.

However, the likelihood that this percentage will be lowered by at least half due to many fanatic LEGO minifigure hunters/molesters like ourselves who are scrambling high and low to search for the ones that they are highly desired by many fans. Moreover, I am extremely very pleased to note that some of the more likely popular minifigures like the Galaxy Patrols and the Evil Knights are on the highest possible distribution point since these 2 minifigures are generally classified and rated under the army-builders' portfolio expansion. Thus, this will provides a much higher chance for us to likely find it in those opened boxes. At least, that is what it had happened back in Series 6 where I can still manage to find some Celtic Highlanders and Minotaurs. It is a pity that the Aztec Warriors is not a part of this, or the Valkyries as well, but still I felt TLG had done an excellent job at least to give us the Galaxy Patrols and Evil Knights with the highest distribution point. :wub:

To conclude and summaries, based on the probability demonstrated by this review, as an example, here are the results,

High probability

1) Galaxy Patrols

2) Jungle Boys

3) Evil Knights

Total range: 25%

Each: 8.33%

Medium probability

1) Bagpipers

2) Daredevils

3) Tennis Aces

4) Hippies

5) Computer Programmers

6) Valkyries

Total range: 40%

Each: 6.67%

Low probability

1) Swimming Champions

2) Aztec Warriors

3) Bunny Suit Guys

4) Brides

5) Ocean Kings

6) Rocker Girls

7) Grandma Visitors

Total range: 35%

Each 5%

Some of my close-up images of my current LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series collection

80.jpg

82.jpg

81.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

85.jpg

86.jpg

To conclude, the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 has totally surpassed my expectations. I am extremely pleased to note that the Series 7 had done even better than I thought it will be, especially after I had physically fixed all of the minifigures together and during this period, we did not receive any other official or additional published images apart from the only single group picture which we had been seeing all this while since the leak, which I can definitely guarantee it is a form of misconception. In fact, I find it most of us had under-rated this series and this is definitely on-par with the previously past released Collectable Minifigures Series, and that includes Series 6 as well! With many exciting new elements, new army building campaigns, new innovative designs, and more importantly, a much better impressive distribution count to even out the highly sought minifigures versus the least sought minifigures. More importantly, this is the only series that contains the highest amount of female minifigures. :wub:

Kudos to TLG for another outstanding job accomplished for fulfilling the dreams of the LEGO Collectable Minifigures fans! Now, we got to sit tight and patently wait for new images of the next anticipated Series 8 and hopefully Series 9. Ultimately, I wish the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series will continue to release wave after wave. :thumbup:

Please note that the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 no longer contains the placement of spare parts. This was practiced since the start of Series 3. However, some of the minifigures do contain some spare parts due to the parts production mould design template, like the Jungle Boy (spare dagger), Bride and Hippie (extra flower petals).

Summary review

Playability: 9.5/10 (More and more exciting new stuff to be integrated into your existing minifigures collection.)

Design: 9.5/10 (Extremely detailed LEGO minifigures' parts and accessories such as Ocean King's headpiece, Aztec Warrior's headpiece, bagpipe, picnic basket, etc.)

Price: 7.5/10 (This rating has dropped again and from what I last heard, the new Series 7 pricing may go up again, or at least in Singapore from what I had heard. It may just be a rumour.)

Overall: 8.8/10 (Don't give up collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures and it is certainly worth completing at least one set.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

If you are interested to read the past LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series reviews, you may find the following links below!

8683: Collectable Minifigures Series 1

8684: Collectable Minifigures Series 2

8803: Collectable Minifigures Series 3

8804: Collectable Minifigures Series 4

8805: Collectable Minifigures Series 5

8827: Collectable Minifigures Series 6

Special Eurobricks Bulletin

We have come to the end of this pictorial review. I believe it will be a no surprise for you especially if you have been active in Eurobricks for the past 2 years. Watch out for more new upcoming excitement right here in Eurobricks LEGO Forum.

78edited.jpg

Please do not discuss this inside this review. Kindly leave your thoughts in this discussion topic.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I am very pleased to present to all of you the completed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 review! :wub:

I hope you will enjoy reading it and please do let me know your thoughts after reading it. I am sure you are also feeling as excited as I am, when I first received it.

WhiteFang

Great review! I think your photos are even better this time then last time and thanks for comparing with similar/pair figs.

I want this series even more now!

I may need a second job... :sceptic:

Wow, wasn't expecting to see this! I can't wait to get my hands on all of these (especially the Space Marine)! :wub:

Great review, WhiteFang!

I thoroughly enjoyed this review, WhiteFang. I'm amazed at how many minifigs have double-sided heads. Every other series 1 or maybe 2 but this one has 4, the Swimmer, Space Marine, Valkyrie, and Stunt Driver.

What are you going to do with your extras?

Thanks for another early review! :classic: Maybe now it's my favourite series! Great to see re-using of some old rare parts in these figs (i haven't got most of them).

I wonder how suitable the Valkyrie's hair\helmet will be for old Wikings, especially this one:

3626bpb236.gif

I have to say that is the best mix per box I have seen ever. Anything I wanted multiples of, there are at least 4 per box! 5 space marines? *Maniacal Laughter*

I always thought this head would work as Jim Raynor's, but it's pretty similar anyway. Great review, good minifigs. They're not stagnating too badly which is good to see.

All I know is that that Aztec Warrior and the Pro Wrestler are going to have some insane adventures fighting against all sorts of supernatural monsters :laugh:

What an outstanding review! Many thanks for these great pics Whitefang, can't wait for these to hit the shops now :wub:

I can see me buying lots of the Space Marine and Neptune figs for some awesome army building!

These figs are just getting better and better. :wub:

Of course I will get one of each, but my personal standouts in this series are the Ocean King, the Valkyrie, the Aztec Warrior and the Punk Rocker.

Can't wait to get my hands on these!

Ooh, nice. I hope these aren't as popular in my area as Series 6 was though, they sold out everywhere within a month. :sceptic:

Thanks, White Fang, for another outstanding review.

I like most everything of Serie 7, and picked it as best so far. I would have love the hippie to have s Sky guitar to make him look like Uli John Roth, but they chose to give us another Flying V.

Minifigs distribution is not bad either, so I'm really looking forward to grab my sixteen.

Excellent review, thank You for it.

Now I just can't stand the wait to get a few cases of these.

(it's a very expensive lego year this year)

Nice review, makes me even more excited to get some of these figs (especially that computer programmer)

I think the torso in particular would look good for a university professor combined with the right head and hair.

5 black knights? That's just amazing! I need to get me a box.

Thanks for the AWESOME review 'Fangy', such detailing on all of them just blows the mind ! :excited:

Almost all of them I want....especially the bagpiper, Aztec warrior, of course the Galaxy Patrol guy :excited: , my wife will want the bride (she loves wedding shows on TV :ugh: ).

But I'll need at least one John McEnroe look-alike right ? :laugh_hard:

Great review as always Fangy :sweet:. There are lots of awesome figs in this series that I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on :wub:. But they are coming out too fast, I'm lagging behind in my vig building :sing:

Dear Eurobricks Community,

I am very pleased to present to all of you the completed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7 review! :wub:

I hope you will enjoy reading it and please do let me know your thoughts after reading it. I am sure you are also feeling as excited as I am, when I first received it.

WhiteFang

Whitefang you are indeed the best.

Really.

I was waiting desperately for this.

THANKS deeply from the bottom of my heart.

No kidding. You telling me there are 5 evil knights per box... you just made my day sir.

Excelent review once again.

Gotto get me those space marines, and that hippie is just groovy :laugh:

This might be the first series i'm buying 2 boxes instead of the usual one.

OMG, OMG, OMG! I've been waiting for this for such a long time!

Now, let's read and see..

Great to see the 5 space marines and Black Knight's per box. Maybe TLG are finally realising the value of actually putting the most of the ones people actually want!