Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

Miniland Pirates in LEGOLAND Florida!

Hi all!

I was surfing around looking at pictures from the new LEGOLAND Florida, and found out that in addition to the Pirate Cove show they have a whole area in Miniland devoted to Pirates, complete with mini-scale ships, a harbor town, shipworks, and a reappearance by Captain Redbeard! Insidethemagic's photostream on flickr has a bunch of awesome photos. Check them out here.

This really makes me want to go to LEGOLAND...

6258132891_40316a5af2.jpg

6258659176_b4a084df9a.jpg

6258132535_01fcdc4b74.jpg

Photos taken by insidethemagic

Check out more here

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

TC

Edited by Mister Phes

I have to say, those are some of the best ships I have ever seen at a Miniland, rivaling the Mississippi paddle steamers at LLCA. The pirate ships at Miniland Las Vegas in LLCA were nice, but compared to those, these are in a league of their own. :pir-wub:

I might be going there soon, thanks for sharing the pictures! :pir_laugh2:

2011.09.jpg

The show looks good too! :pir-wink:

Edited by Hiawatha

Having gone there myself and seen it in person, I can guarantee that Miniland is the best part of the park! The details are amazing. :jollyroger:

Whoa, can't believe I missed these the first time. They all looks spectacular, unparalleled shaping.

I've only been to a LEGOLAND park once, I was six so sadly I didn't care about Miniland. :pir-hmpf:

I was wondering if anyone had found a pic of this ship in its entirety? I like what I see of it so far, it looks the most "period" of them all. Thanks! :pir-sweet:

6258132641_46389c1e5d.jpg

Edited by Skipper

Megabloks, I didn't know there was a LL in Florida!!!

Where is it somewhere???

Megabloks, I didn't know there was a LL in Florida!!!

Where is it somewhere???

It's in Winter Haven, between Orlando and Tampa, in a part of Florida that's abundant with theme parks in general (it's perhaps a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World). It just opened two months ago.

The Pirate miniland is quite cool indeed. I'll try to get some pictures worth posting here the next time I'm down there.