Sign in to follow this  
Algernon

Why Can't I Add a Poll to My Thread?

Call me slow, but I can't figure out how to post a poll. I see people add polls to their reviews all the time, but I can't seem to find any "add poll" button anywhere... and I've seen polls in the forum in which I was looking.

So I don't get it. Do you have to be a special status to post a poll?

Call me slow, but I can't figure out how to post a poll. I see people add polls to their reviews all the time, but I can't seem to find any "add poll" button anywhere... and I've seen polls in the forum in which I was looking.

So I don't get it. Do you have to be a special status to post a poll?

I may be wrong, but I believe you need to be a Knight. That is, achieve 500 posts before you may create a poll.

~SCG

If you're posting a review and doesn't have the ability to post it with a poll.

Then a moderator or admin normally adds it for you.

Simply state in your review that you'd like a poll added.

Correct, you do need to have 500 + posts (don't post stupidly though), however for purposes of a review, someone of authority here could add one to your review. :pir-wink:

EDIT: I see KimT beat me to it!

Edited by Captain Zuloo

There is another way. If you join the Reviewers Academy, you get the ´add poll´ ability, and that´s a great place to post your review.

There is another way. If you join the Reviewers Academy, you get the ´add poll´ ability, and that´s a great place to post your review.

Students in the Reviewers Academy whom are Knights and below, are given the exclusive access to create polls for their working reviews only and is not meant for wrong agenda. :pir-classic:

As many others have said, their are two possible ways to obtain poll posting powers:

1) By reaching 500 posts and becoming a knight.

2) By joining the reviewer's acadmey.

Hope your question has been answered. :)

Edited by VBBN

Students in the Reviewers Academy whom are Knights and below, are given the exclusive access to create polls for their working reviews only and is not meant for wrong agenda. :pir-classic:

That wasn´t what I meant, I meant that he could join it if he likes to do reviews, and that he also can add a poll to the review if he does. I didn´t mean to suggest that he joins the academy and then posts polls everywhere, and I´m pretty sure he understands that.

Well, at least he does after reading this. :pir-blush:

That wasn´t what I meant, I meant that he could join it if he likes to do reviews, and that he also can add a poll to the review if he does. I didn´t mean to suggest that he joins the academy and then posts polls everywhere, and I´m pretty sure he understands that.

Well, at least he does after reading this. :pir-blush:

Thank you Dennimator but White Fang was making a point for all who might be reading this-not just you-and it's a very good point. When a member joins the Reviewers' Academy they have the ability to start polls, but it will be removed if that person abuses the privilege.

Thank you Dennimator but White Fang was making a point for all who might be reading this-not just you-and it's a very good point. When a member joins the Reviewers' Academy they have the ability to start polls, but it will be removed if that person abuses the privilege.

I actually didn´t know that, I hope that it´s OK if I use the poll option in my MOC threads... :pir-blush:

I actually didn´t know that, I hope that it´s OK if I use the poll option in my MOC threads... :pir-blush:

For that purpose you can use the poll option.

At a certain point in EB history the boards were flooded with useless polls and in order to contain that, actions were taken.

If a member can't post a poll-topic, then posting the question and asking an admin/moderator to add a poll is doable.

Bear in mind that we wont be adding polls to everything here.

Is it just me or is this a pointless topic? I mean, the answer to the question has been answered about 5 times by 5 different people!

Is it just me or is this a pointless topic? I mean, the answer to the question has been answered about 5 times by 5 different people!

...and you're making it even more useless by posting in it. Just ignore it and it will be forgotten. Do we really have to close topics all the time? Personally I prefer to leave them open so I can merge them when the question is asked again next week. :wink:

...and you're making it even more useless by posting in it. Just ignore it and it will be forgotten. Do we really have to close topics all the time? Personally I prefer to leave them open so I can merge them when the question is asked again next week. :wink:

It is made more useless by the fact that you posted in it. It would be forgotten if you just ignore it. I don't think topics need to be closed every time a question is answered. Will we re-open it when the question is asked again next month and we need to merge the two topics? :pir-wink:

Edited by Hinckley
to be a smartass...

Now I'm adding a post to mention that I've renamed this thread so that it might actually serve some purpose, and hopefully we won't get all those new threads that would otherwise need merging here. :pir-wink:

So... everyone stop posting now! :pir_kiss:

You have to reach the level of Knight, which is 500 posts.

Another way you can is if you are a member of the Reviewers Academy, but that is only for your reviews as far as I know.

Of course, you can always ask a member who's a knight or above to make a poll for you. :pir-classic:

Ah, too bad. How many posts do I need to get to each new lvl, or whatever you want to call them?

0+ Vassal

100+ posts Citizen

500+Posts Knight(poll powers)

1000+ Posts Count

2000+posts Duke

4000+posts Grand Duke

Edit: Whoop, it's 4, not 5 thousand posts.

Edited by VBBN

Here's a link which contains the different levels, and the number of posts required to achieve them.

LINK

Hope this helps! :pir-classic:

I may be spoiling a well kept secret but I did sign up for the reveiwers academy and have as of yet not done a reveiw, BUT! I have been able to post a number of topics that include polls. (That mat just be me though. :pir-look::pir-grin:

When you're a student in the RA, then you're granted the skill of making polls for reviewing topics.

Abuse will result in decapitation and shunning in most parts of the world.

If a member below the requested poll activated level wishes to make a poll, then there's a simple way.

Ask the moderator of the forum you wish to post a poll in.

Then he/she can add it.

I've done this plenty of times in the Star Wars forum to reviews and good poll topics.

Make no mistake though, if you wish for a moronic poll, then you're in trouble.

Also when you get around to being able to post polls and the ones you post are crap, then there's going to trouble.

Was that simple enough?! :grin::laugh: