vc59755

[WIP] Millennium Falcon landing gear

so to day I told my self im going to be challenge my self and build a large millennium falcon whale I do this I will post my creations up there for all too see and give feed back on. as we all know there is only one large millennium falcon built and the is in lego land if you have ever been there so we have the two best things in the world (star wars and legos) and the set 10179 I will be atleast 2x that size with more detail and millennium falcon correct to the best of legos limitations

anuff with the chit chat and to the reason we are all here

so we start with the most important part and strong set of landing pads

back landing pads opt. 2 final http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=546379

please give feed back if you have some

back_landing_pads_7_final.png

back_landing_pads_6final.png

Edited by vc59755
Clarified the fact that this is a WIP in the title.

You had me up until the point you say you built the 10179 in 4 hours. You know that translates to 1 part every 3 seconds?

Hi vc59755, as you've already started a thread for this project I've merged them both together :classic:

They're certainly very large feet, but have you considered the dimensions of the actual ship (e.g. will they be strong enough to support the total weight?). Good luck with the project, I look forward to seeing your progress.

the hard part any one know an easy way to do this let me know open to all options

cockpit_body5_ruogh_angel7.png

i.png

Edited by vc59755

Nice landing gear, I can't wait to see what it'll look like on the Millennium Falcon!

Well Im amazed that You manged to build the 10179 in only 4 hours .. but beside that, I think You should start with designing the inner frame and the outline of the hull before going for details like the landing gears. Is Your plan to build this in real bricks or is it going to be a LDD only model?

MF Ucs in 4 hours? What an incredible hand you got there..

Edited by irispen

What is this thread ?

A joke ? :o

No way that passageway holds up under its own weight.

Sorry. As cool as it would be to do an interior on this, you aren't going to be able to. You need to start framing the interior to actually hold the shape.

You should look at successful extra-large scale projects and see how they approach them. Learn from the lessons of those who have gone before you.

That massive Star Destroyer that was making the rounds earlier this summer would be a good place to start.

Although I don't think a Falcon this size is feasible, if you really want to give it a try I would definitely start with the internal framework and then work my way out - there's no point in designing landing gear if you don't know whether they will hold the immense weight of the ship.

I do like what you're doing, although I agree with the others. Try building the framework first, then the paneling around it. It's not as fun as doing the details first, I know - but it will save you future headaches. Also foot-aches, from dropping it on your feet on the way to Brickworld. And then, even more headaches as you rebuild it.

Have you ever thought of using constraction figures for this? It seems like that's about the size you're going for.

outsidedetail.png

outsidedetail1.png

outsidedetail2.png

outsidedetail4.png

outsidedetail5.png

outsidedetail6.png

so all know I have frame built I just have not posted it yet

and yes I have a metal frame built when I get to sub frame folder I will post I have over 500 pic to go though and taking the best of these I will post sorry my ocd kicking in

Edited by vc59755

Very impressive.

How big will this be when finished?

You are best building the external features first then fitting a frame inside! Are you going to build in real bricks?