Sign in to follow this  
General Magma

Spray painting flower stems [?]

I want to spray paint several dozens of my flower stem pieces into a dark green colour. But now I'm wondering what kind of spray paint would work best for this, and what I'll have to do in order to prepare the pieces to make sure

the spray paint stays on, even after rubbing things up or whatever. I've been looking at Caliban green from Citadel - not sure if it's approximately like LEGO dark green, but I think the colour should be fine for it.

Has anybody attempted this, or does anyone know what material the flower stem pieces are made of exactly, or how to do any of this? They're more flexible than normal ABS pieces, so it might be a different material. Thanks in advance.

If you mean Citadel primer as in the type used on Games-Workshop minis, I would not recommend it. I've used Citadel primer on various minis and it just doesn't hold well - and that's using it on its intended product type, I can imagine that Lego would be worse.

I've had luck with Krylon primer for plastic minis in the past and if I had to try something for Lego that would be the route I would go.

I'd go for black RIT dye, dip the stalks for 15 seconds and see if the green is dark enough.

If you mean Citadel primer as in the type used on Games-Workshop minis, I would not recommend it. I've used Citadel primer on various minis and it just doesn't hold well - and that's using it on its intended product type, I can imagine that Lego would be worse.

I've had luck with Krylon primer for plastic minis in the past and if I had to try something for Lego that would be the route I would go.

Yeah, that's the kind, I think. Caliban green? It was some kind of spray paint, at least.

I'd go for black RIT dye, dip the stalks for 15 seconds and see if the green is dark enough.

Black RIT dye - are there any specific types of RIT dye or just one kind and that's the one I should go for?

If you cover flowers in spray paint, how will they receive nutrients from the sun?

They'll die!

Oh, you mean LEGO flowers? I've no clue.

Yeah, that's the kind, I think. Caliban green?

Yea, I would avoid that. GW paints and sprays aren't that good for the cost.