Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 13

Murder on the Emerald Express

Chapter 13: Cassandra Crossing

With slit necks and more suspicion as to who may be secret members of the Willoughby Town Council, the group decide to leave the old wooden mill and...

...go to Cassandra Crossing! Yes, it's all clear to me now! My telekinetic powers have told me we must go there!

(I'm thinking that's the fork we haven't visited yet). So let's go!

I agree! But I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on some individuals in order to avoid my head getting completely chopped off!

Yes - let us go, and move this game... of life... along!

Cassandra Crossing it is - but Butcher and Kill 'N' George have to lead the way, just to keep the rest of us safe :wink:

~A.S.

We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Aussie. :sweet:

What a lovely morning! Let's go take a look down that other track that we got to yesterday, and see what is down that way. I think we may get to the bottom of things today! If not though, perhaps the railway company search team will arrive...

Yay! We're finally going to the place I suggested first we should go to. :tongue:

I remember Lorraine saying that it is a great distance away, and that there is a rickety bridge there. Let's hope it hasn't collapsed on us. :sceptic:

Yes - let us go, and move this game... of life... along!

Cassandra Crossing it is - but Butcher and Kill 'N' George have to lead the way, just to keep the rest of us safe :wink:

~A.S.

I would love to Lorraine, its just that I'm all tied up and can't move! So how do you expect me to lead the way? :hmpf_bad: I'm not going on that bridge....its too dangerous....but go ahead and just walk on it.... :skull:

I already lead the way once, and got mauled by a tree. I think that I'll be comfortable in the middle of the pack, thank you very much.

Well Butcher may be fine ta stick around near the back, but no way am I gonna let George get behind us so's he can stab me inna back! No way!

It's good we're gettin' ta the Crossing, especially since I wanted ta go here first like Miss Elanor. Still, after all we've encountered that danger sign was certainly true!

*Moves toward Miss Eleanor*

Miss Eleanor? I've been very much confused over these past few days. In my youth, I was a reckless kid, still kinda am, though a bit of age has helped me somewhat. That day at yer weddin', I never knew I hurt anybody! I was just passin' through on an ol' carriage, bein' a jackass. Saw a wedding, an' in my drunken state thought it was one mighty fine joke ta disrupt it. When I hit the your husband I felt plenty bad, even at the time, but you've gotta believe me if I knew for a second what happened to him I woulda turned myself over ta the police before you could call me a murderer. I can't apologise fer what I did, nothin' could repay what I took back. But I assure you that should we make it outta here alive, I'll hand myself ta the authorities and admit everything, and you can take a fair share of riches too. I know it isn't good enough - nothin' is - but it's all I can do.

*Looks around at everyone else staring at me*

Errr....what?

And I'll go last! I don't trust any of ya city boys!

On a warm sunny day along the outskirts of Willoughby, the group arrives at a huge wooden bridge that spans a canyon and river below.

33.jpg

The bridge looks as if it's a mile long as the old wooden planks and beams seem to creak in the gentle breeze.

avlorraine.jpg

This is it boys and girls, Cassandra Crossing. Don't know if the birds would even land on that thing!

A tied-up Grill'n George has a look of fear in his eyes as he looks at the large ravine below.

avbrakes.jpg

Now who wants to cross that death bridge first? :look:

avmark.jpg

Not it!

avhoward.jpg

I guess we know how Cassandra died...

Oh, nevermind... she's not one of the characters in this mystery, or is she?

On one hand, going first could ensure that the bridge won't collapse from people before you, but on the other, there could be another trap... I guess I'll go first.

Looks like the train crew are always the mighty brave ones. I will go along with you.

I urge the rest of you to walk one by one slowly, I don't want the whole bridge to collaspe, but then again before I take the first step, I will want to observe if it is able to support our weight.

On one hand, going first could ensure that the bridge won't collapse from people before you, but on the other, there could be another trap... I guess I'll go first.
Looks like the train crew are always the mighty brave ones. I will go along with you.

I urge the rest of you to walk one by one slowly, I don't want the whole bridge to collaspe, but then again before I take the first step, I will want to observe if it is able to support our weight.

Very honourable of you boys, be careful and safe!

What say we get George ta follow after them, still tied up of course. Butcher and Brakes can handle him as soon as he reaches the end. I just don't want him ta go behind us, should he be the guilty one. In fact, I think I'll walk behind 'im if that's okay, as soon as Butcher and Brakes have cleared ta bridge.

Thanks Brakes. Just stay at least 10 feet behind me so that we don't put too much pressure on one spot. Sounds good, Austin. I also advise that trustworthy people have one suspicious person in between them on the bridge. Jethro and *cough* Bulldog *cough* are a good start.

Thanks Brakes. Just stay at least 10 feet behind me so that we don't put too much pressure on one spot. Sounds good, Austin. I also advise that trustworthy people have one suspicious person in between them on the bridge. Jethro and *cough* Bulldog *cough* are a good start.

Good idea there Butcher! Make sure Jethro is in front of Eleanor maybe? She'd be sure ta keep him in place.

You boys are so mighty fine an' brave, you've all gone an' swept me off my feet!

*Ahem*

Yeah, I'll come too.

Before anyone goes, may I make a suggestion? I think we should untie George but keep a close eye on him (Elanor and Greaseman's eyes can be their guns). I think we should then use the rope to tie to the first person on the bridge so that if it collapses they will fall but we'll be able to grab them.

I would like to run across the bridge quickly. I'll go first too!

Jim Butcher is the first to step on the precarious bridge. He begins walking slowly across. Brakes hesitates for a few minutes, then presses down on the old bridge making sure that it can support his weight. It creaks a bit, but seems strong enough, so Brakes continues.

Austin suggests that George be next, followed by perhaps Jethro. Both men are relunctant to get on.

Steve Thomas gets on calling everyone else a "sissy", as he starts to tread along the bridge.

Lorraine follows as Max unties Grill'n George. George and Jethro, untied, begin walking across very slowly. Unfortunately, the rope used to tie George is a bit too short to be of any real use, unless one might want to tie and retie it to the bridge every few feet.

Seeing the other cross, Arin takes a mad dash to be ahead.

Austin waits to see what happens.

The order: Arin, Jim Butcher, Brakes, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, Jethro... CRRREEEAAAKKK!

The order: Arin, Jim Butcher, Brakes, Steve Thomas, Lorraine, George, Jethro... CRRREEEAAAKKK!

I am starting to get a little bit worried about this. :look: