Delbaerov

(MOC) Outdoor Hockey Stadium

Hello Eurobricks world,

Having followed the site for a long time, I figured it was time to put up some of my own work to get some feedback (good or bad). First thing I want to share is a project I've been working on here and there for a couple years. I present Delbaere Stadium. This is being designed as an outdoor stadium (nothing like this here in Canada)

Current Diemensions

Length: 52.5" 133.5cm

Width: 58" 147cm

Height(Top of the scoreboard): 13" 33cm

The Stadium has over 800 seats, a zamboni, dressing rooms, private suites, broadcast booth

Under construction: Finishing touches on structure, 2 flood lights, concession stands, ticket booth, other side of private suites.

I'll update it as construction continues.

Stadium Scoreboard

10417766566_4d0959c0f1.jpg

View facing east:

10417732624_8c1da4bcac.jpg

View facing West:

10417758666_8ae2e2d333.jpg

WOW, that is HUGE! And amazing! I wonder if you have enough minifigs to fill the stadium :tongue: Also I love the scoreboard, great touch with an actual screen!!!

I look forward to seeing the continuing construction of this epic build, happy building :laugh:

That is an epic build and I still can't get my head around the 800 seats.

Good job and "keep your stick on the ice...."

I'd like to see some closer pictures of the support structure for the seating along the sides as well as in the corner. I've been designing a basketball arena in LDD and that's been the toughest part. I have a workable solution right now but it looks like you nailed it.

Very well done! The dimensions are simply impressive as well as the details such as scoreboard and ice resurfacer.

Now it only needs players and a capacity crowd full of excitement. :classic:

WOW, that is HUGE! And amazing! I wonder if you have enough minifigs to fill the stadium :tongue: Also I love the scoreboard, great touch with an actual screen!!!

I look forward to seeing the continuing construction of this epic build, happy building :laugh:

Currently I'm at around 450 mini figs, so there will be some empty seats

I'd like to see some closer pictures of the support structure for the seating along the sides as well as in the corner. I've been designing a basketball arena in LDD and that's been the toughest part. I have a workable solution right now but it looks like you nailed it.

For the sides it's very basic

10436461204_47a0da40f6.jpg

As for the corners, it's nothing elaborate, i'd build a few rows, then using plates make a base for the next few rows in an attempt to limit the brick count (it's really nothing special but gets the job done)

Thank you all for the positive feedback, after my next brick order some new pictures will be posted.

Awesome stadium! You could incorporate the letters form "LEGO" using white seats on one of the long sides of the stadium :wink:

Awesome stadium! You could incorporate the letters form "LEGO" using white seats on one of the long sides of the stadium :wink:

I had actually done this with blue seats using LCHC (Lego City Hockey Club), however it just led to everyone asking what it stood for. I feel that at some point there will be something there, just haven't decided yet on what.

Some background on the build.

I first began in 2010, with a couple 48x 48 baseplates and a dream.....

The only part of the stadium that was pre-designed was the playing surface, using a Canada Hockey rink dimensions sheet for scale. Everything else has been trial and error/ build up to a certain level, then destroy as i make it even bigger.

It's a situation where every few month's i'll make a $50-100 part purchase and do another chunk, not quite willing to drop the $$ required to do it at once. My goal is to have it done by the end of the season for the team I work for (early March) so I can display it at a game.