Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2016 LEGO City Sets

Check our more high-resolution images on our flickr photostream.

23121591255_672e6e3170_b.jpg

22500341183_f1196c18b0_b.jpg

22498850494_95e4c4c8ef_b.jpg

23133067341_feec4f5871_b.jpg

22498847034_35c7547076_b.jpg

23121583335_d88506716b_b.jpg

22729284109_9e52f43030_b.jpg

22556380734_95a1735e4a_b.jpg

22703174728_88716335b2_b.jpg

23133058691_fd492db5ef_b.jpg

Check our more high-resolution images on our flickr photostream.

The fire station is Big and €.109,99 :tongue:

Thanks, can't wait to hear more!

One could of guessed that a new fire station would be coming, it's due next year......about every three years we get a new one. :wink:

'Legomilk' any sight of that service station ? :wink:

The fire station is Big and €.109,99 :tongue:

Thanks!

Are these going to be released on Jan 1st?

Ouch, 109.88 Euro.....nearly 170 bucks Aussie, it better be a decent looking fire station but I hope it doesn't come with a tiny copter on the roof. :hmpf_bad:

I guess we must wait until say October to start seeing images. :sadnew:

I've renamed this thread "2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion". For ideas for new City sets or "what I'd like to see" type of posts, please use this thread.

Woo hoo! More news coming soon.

I'm hoping for a hospital theme.

As am I.

But, I'm glad we're getting new Fire Department related stuff. Hoping for a new Fire Truck set.

2016 city fire sets big en small

Police sets small.

Cars and garage.

Cleaning sets.

Rescue sets

Police sets small.

Cars and garage.

Cleaning sets.

Rescue sets

That probably means:

A police car, or robber's place,

Either something like the City Garage, or the 2009 Garage,

A street sweeper,

Mountain rescue? Hospital rescue/Emergency?

Edited by ilikeboomerang1

Thanks legomilk. I've been waiting for mountain rescue sets since...desert theme from 90's. But I would like a good hospital too. That one from "helicopter rescue" was dissapointment.

So no hospital. Oh well, maybe in 2017!

If the new Fire Station is an impressive as it should be for the price, then maybe there will be a similarly "deluxe" hospital in 2017?

I wouldn't mind a garage to try and modify to add to my small Modular street.

I hope the 2016 summer wave will bring something more interesting for City because that sounds kinda boring

Okay, so how confused can we get, fire sets but also rescue sets ?

Cars & garage......hmm, redo on 2009 garage or is it an actual service station ?

At least there is only a bit of police, the most confusing cleaning sets ? Right, street cleaner, window cleaner, house cleaner ?

Police sets small.

Cars and garage.

Cleaning sets.

Rescue sets

Thank you very much for the further information, legomilk! :classic:

I'm displeasingly surprised that there'll be no (at least regular sold) Harbor sets in 2016.

Mountain rescue? Hospital rescue/Emergency?

I'd go for mountain rescue. If it was a hospital theme, legomilk supposably would have named it "emergency sets" and if coast guard "CG sets". At least I hope so ... Plus TLG has re-inroducing older themes in the past years (2014: Arctic, 2015: Deep Sea Exploration), so a mountain RSQ theme would fit in this line and would be a theme which hasn't been appearing since more than a decade.

Okay, so how confused can we get, fire sets but also rescue sets ?

Why not? in 2012 we got the Forest Fire theme plus the seperate excellent ambulance and the bad helicopter rescue base. And in 2013 TLG did offer us a huge Fire theme and the police - ambulance - fire - set in summer. Plus Fire will very suppoably mainly concentrate on clearing fire. Whereas mountain RSQ / CG / emergency is concentrated on rescue pepole.

Cars & garage......hmm, redo on 2009 garage or is it an actual service station ?

At least there is only a bit of police, the most confusing cleaning sets ? Right, street cleaner, window cleaner, house cleaner ?

1. I highly doubt that we'll get a service station since there's already a part of it in 60097. So I bet a parking garage - similar to the 2012 one. But hopefully more detailed and with one shop included.

2. Cleaning sets: I count on a street sweeper and a garbage truck.

I hope the 2016 summer wave will bring something more interesting for City because that sounds kinda boring

Honestly legomilk's list sounds like all of the City sets for next year - (su)possibly excluding the two Exclusives like every year. My guess is:

-January: Fire

-February: Police subtheme

-February/March/April: cars

-July: garage

-July: RSQ

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for the further information, legomilk! :classic:

I'm displeasingly surprised that there'll be no (at least regular sold) Harbor sets in 2016.

I'd go for mountain rescue. If it was a hospital theme, legomilk supposably would have named it "emergency sets" and if coast guard "CG sets". At least I hope so ... Plus TLG has re-inroducing older themes in the past years (2014: Arctic, 2015: Deep Sea Exploration), so a mountain RSQ theme would fit in this line and would be a theme which hasn't been appearing since more than a decade.

Why not? in 2012 we got the Forest Fire theme plus the seperate excellent ambulance and the bad helicopter rescue base. And in 2013 TLG did offer us a huge Fire theme and the police - ambulance - fire - set in summer. Plus Fire will very suppoably mainly concentrate on clearing fire. Whereas mountain RSQ / CG / emergency is concentrated on rescue pepole.

1. I highly doubt that we'll get a service station since there's already a part of it in 60097. So I bet a parking garage - similar to the 2012 one. But hopefully more detailed and with one shop included.

2. Cleaning sets: I count on a street sweeper and a garbage truck.

Honestly legomilk's list sounds like all of the City sets for next year - (su)possibly excluding the two Exclusives like every year. My guess is:

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Hey, do you think that it might also be like the 2009 Garage, in the sense of being a garage by a place where you repair cars, not a parking garage?

EDIT: When you're talking about a service station in 60097, do you mean the car dealership? I believe he was talking about a gas station.

Edited by ilikeboomerang1

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Now that you mention it, it really sounds like the whole 2016 line-up. Those are too many subthemes for just 1 wave.

In that case, I don't really like how City 2016 sounds.... which is good because I'll need a lot of money of the rumored new Castle theme :wink:

Mountain Rescue for the summer will be fun if true. I like how Lego has been bringing back their classic town sub themes like Arctic and Deep Sea and updating them. I think that they have pulled it off well. :thumbup:

I hope that there will be a full scale mountain in that line as I need something like that on the outskirts of my city.

Now all we need is an Outback sub theme in 2017 and we should be set. :classic:

Pretty disappointing so far, but the cleaning sets (and maybe the rescue sets) might be a breath of fresh air.

And, of course, thanks, legomilk.

Yep, I meant gas station, petrol station say with a workshop or tyre fitting bay instead of another car wash.

I believe the hint was dropped at LegoWorld at the beginning of the year that a gas station might be coming soon.