Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

MAC: Bo'durr Tower

After the Hand's defeat at the Proudrock Fortress Sir Infernum decided to surprise Sir Glorfindel (bribary? :laugh: ). He hired skilled workmen and Dwarves to begin work on one of the first towers built by Glorfindel's ancestors. It had been well kept for years until the Hand damaged it. By the time Infernum and his men arrived to help with the repairs the workmen had already patched the damaged sections with wood.

dscn0334.jpg

Tada! This is probably my best (and biggest) build yet!

dscn0321.jpg

The top.

dscn0323.jpg

Middle

dscn0332.jpg

Bottom of the tower.

dscn0325.jpg

The warriors of Arcium arrive!

dscn0327.jpg

dscn0328.jpg

Really like this section.

dscn0331.jpg

Didn't notice the top of that mushroom in the bottom corner. :grin:

dscn0332.jpg

dscn0346.jpg

The lift raises and lowers! Hurray for playablility! :sweet:

dscn0333.jpg

I think I invented the flower-snow patches technique.

dscn0335.jpg

dscn0337.jpg

The man is sweeping snow on the top of the tower.

dscn0339.jpg

dscn0342.jpg

The whole MOC.

dscn0349.jpg

Love the river section so much. :wub:

dscn0350.jpg

Last shot of the contractor guy, Infernum, and the warriors of Arcium.

Well, I got it in on time! :sweet: Love how this turned out! The tower is super big, probably about minifig scale. I think it's my best yet, and I had tons of fun building it. I really like the river and bridge, reminds me of one of SoT's builds.

That's all folks! Oh, and my dream is to find olive cheese slopes in a P-a-B wall, love using them in MOCs as you can see here. :laugh: . That's REALLY all folks.

Excelent last minute entry! The whole build is great but I especially like the scaffolding!

Excelent last minute entry! The whole build is great but I especially like the scaffolding!

Thanks! Not really last minute build (started a week ago), but last minute posting. :grin:

That is indeed a nice build and your best yet. Love the whole tower design, my favorite bit is the dome on the top! :wub: As said before, the barrels are a nice touch. Only bit that appears to be too simple compared to the rest of the build is the bridge. Looks a tiny bit out of place.

And regarding the cheese slopes: Guess what we had in German pab walls maybe a month ago? :devil:

That is indeed a nice build and your best yet. Love the whole tower design, my favorite bit is the dome on the top! :wub: As said before, the barrels are a nice touch. Only bit that appears to be too simple compared to the rest of the build is the bridge. Looks a tiny bit out of place.

And regarding the cheese slopes: Guess what we had in German pab walls maybe a month ago? :devil:

Thanks! I actually really like the bridge. What?! NO! Unfair! :cry3:

Very nice job! Certainly your best yet! I like the height of the tower especially!

Very nice job! Certainly your best yet! I like the height of the tower especially!

Thanks! It took a while to build it up that high. :laugh:

Wow this is for sure your best moc yet! Geat work on this one! The photos are also perfect and lift´s the moc to another level!

Wow this is for sure your best moc yet! Geat work on this one! The photos are also perfect and lift´s the moc to another level!

Thanks a ton DG! I used your advice on the photos, and I think they turned out great! The only issue I had was with the white snow disappearing into the background. Thanks!

Great stuff! This feels nice and cold--exactly like a Mitgardian MOC should! :grin:

Filling the holes with wooden structure is something unexpected, nice idea.

Indeed your best yet :wub: I agree with dG about the photos, they look great! I really like the architectural design on the top of the tower and the wooden bits and scaffolding are superb :thumbup: The angled supports to the scaffolding, the turn in the scaffolding :wub:, and the working crane are great details. The landscaping is also excellent. It's really amazing how far you've come as a builder, even just from Challenge VI to now! Interesting backstory too, maybe I'll flesh out Glorfindel's ancestors a bit more :thumbup:

Looks like there's going to be a pretty close contest for the Mitgardian MAC prize!

Edited by soccerkid6

This is truly gorgeous. Your detailing skills are amazing. When I try making cobblestone or rocky paths, it looks like I just dumped bricks on a plate. Yours looks so... natural. You really have a great eye for this.

Great moc Infernum!. Interesting scaffold design and really cool tower. I like it a lot!

Hey this is brilliant. The use of that dome is splendid. Also the bridge. And that's a lot of barrels :sweet: Great! :thumbup:

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the tower and the scaffholding :wub:

Great stuff! This feels nice and cold--exactly like a Mitgardian MOC should! :grin:

Filling the holes with wooden structure is something unexpected, nice idea.

Thanks!

Indeed your best yet :wub: I agree with dG about the photos, they look great! I really like the architectural design on the top of the tower and the wooden bits and scaffolding are superb :thumbup: The angled supports to the scaffolding, the turn in the scaffolding :wub:, and the working crane are great details. The landscaping is also excellent. It's really amazing how far you've come as a builder, even just from Challenge VI to now! Interesting backstory too, maybe I'll flesh out Glorfindel's ancestors a bit more :thumbup:

Looks like there's going to be a pretty close contest for the Mitgardian MAC prize!

Thanks SK! Glad you liked the story! I think I've come a long way in just a few months. GoH is to blame! :tongue:

Great MOC! Love the dome at the top, the little bridge and the rocky tower! :thumbup:

Thanks! I really love the bridge myself. :grin:

Excellent work. Some great advanced stuff here. Hoorah.

Thanks ZC! Means a lot coming from you!

nice one mate, your best for sure!

Thanks! Best till the next! :tongue:

This is truly gorgeous. Your detailing skills are amazing. When I try making cobblestone or rocky paths, it looks like I just dumped bricks on a plate. Yours looks so... natural. You really have a great eye for this.

Thanks Kibosh!

Great moc Infernum!. Interesting scaffold design and really cool tower. I like it a lot!

Thanks kabel! :classic:

Hey this is brilliant. The use of that dome is splendid. Also the bridge. And that's a lot of barrels :sweet: Great! :thumbup:

Thanks! I got the barrels a few years ago in a P-a-B wall.

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the tower and the scaffholding :wub:

Thanks Wedge!

the turn in the scaffolding :wub:

I agree on this, absolutely a stunning solution. Well done, I think it's not probably your best. It just is. :thumbup:

I agree on this, absolutely a stunning solution. Well done, I think it's not probably your best. It just is. :thumbup:

Thanks! Ha, ha, yeah it is. :laugh:

This is really great :thumbup: I'm not normally a fan of massive of texture plus multiple colours in the castle walls but this absolutely works wonderfully. I think its the otherwise clean lines and not too many competing colours in the MOC. I love the scaffolding, perfect amount on detailing on the floor and the icy river.

Edited by Cara