mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

Looks like I caused a lot of commotion... :grin:

I didn't realize they did the line skipping for Agents :blush:

Don't worry about it. Speculation is about all there is to talk about anyway, right now.

Lego are using artistic license with the pigs in the windmill set. There is a white pig in Denmark, the Landrace, but that's a relatively modern breed. And all white. In medieval Europe it would have been rare to see a white pig. They were still breeding from from wild boar so the pigs looked rough and dirty brown/black or striped with black. mos breeds of pig we know now didn't exist until the 1700's at the earliest.

However, aesthetically, a different breed of pig is good for farm sets and diversity in Lego animals is always good. The dappled grey horse sounds fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures.

Pigs for eating use are beeing held since about 9000 years by the humans.

But is till think this is actually supposed to be a sheep, they just don't have the mold for it ready yet so they put up a white pig on the preliminary thing.

I think if they were done more like the Creator houses it would be great. I picked up a used Majistos Workshop and it has something like 4 alternates which is impressive for such a humble set.

I agree, it would be nice to have the Creator concept with the different ways to make it.

Sometimes the Creator sets have a bulky look to them, because they have to have very simple pieces to make it easy to cahnge the model around.

So as long as it has the same detail as the first wave, I'm fine with a change around type set.

Lego has made something with the 'changing' concept with the king's castle; where you can change the towers around to make it look different.

What's the difference between this and the Kingdoms 2011 topic? Nothing.

So I will merge them...

Topic pinned for easy access to keep the conversation going.

I keep on hearing about leaked catalog, does anyone have a link? or site with pics on it, thank you!

The links were taken down quickly by LEGO. Suffice to say that if Kingdoms has any regular release sets we haven't seen them in the first few waves yet. So most likely Kingdoms will show June onwards in 2011. As the others mention, the rest is speculation for now.

TLG might also want to keep the current line of Kingdoms in production for more than a single season?

That might explain why we've seen no retailer lists of 2011 sets?

I think they'll push the current sets for as long as possible and then launch the next wave - makes sense to me.

I agree with 'KimT', Lego might want to start building a fan base for this rehashed theme, maybe to tie with other media (tv show/computer game) who knows....only they do ?

So maybe the forestmen will return or elves will put up one day....again only Lego knows.

So far a windmill we might be getting, so we might have to wait until 2012 for anything else new (that would be sad if that was the case).

Keep on wishing ! :sweet:

TLG might also want to keep the current line of Kingdoms in production for more than a single season?

That might explain why we've seen no retailer lists of 2011 sets?

I think they'll push the current sets for as long as possible and then launch the next wave - makes sense to me.

Hmm... I never thought of that. Maybe this is the case, since these sets are supposedly selling well.

Hmm... I never thought of that. Maybe this is the case, since these sets are supposedly selling well.

It's one of the most important reasons why TLG doesn't like leaked images months ahead of actual release. It may hurt demand for their current line of sets.

Pics of the summer sets have to my knowledge never appeared before Christmas - so we still have to wait minimum two months.

I personally can't imagine that there won't be some new non-exclusive sets in 2011.

When you look at that list mentioned, you can see that it isn't complete: the advent calendars are missing, a possible PotC wave is missing, a very supposably second wave of Pharaoh's Quest is missing and the rumored girls' theme is missing, too.

Even if we won't get some forestmen, I bet that we'll see at least three new non-exclusive Kingdoms sets in summer 2011.

Klaus-Dieter

You know what I'd like to see? Probably not since you haven't asked me, but I'll tell you anyway. I'd like to see more "sets" with these sets. We get a few minifigs and a building or a vehicle. I'd love to see a big tree or a road scene with highwaymen (bandits). Y'know, some thing to play around. Maybe even make it modular where you can build a forest or town square. I love the set that are out there now, but it hit me that you don't see too many scenes anymore. I thought that was the coolest thing about the Wild West sets.

I believe we will see next year some forestman sets (like Robin Hood). This theme would with the actually castle theme to match very well. No big line, just three or four sets. One big set (maybe two trees with treehouses), one middle (for example a ambush set with horse carriage and a tree with two hidden forestmans) and one or two small sets.

I hope so.

I have a theory, but you might not like it. The latest version of LDD includes parts from the upcoming NinjaGo line, along with a large "wing" piece that was not seen in any other 2011 pics before:

newlddparts.png

Could it be that this is one of the pieces that comprise the blades of the windmill? I could very well imagine that they put some stickers on it, put for of them together, attach it the mill, and call it a day. I hope it's not true, but it seems possible. :sceptic: What do you think?

This could very well be the case, but i don't think that would be too bad. I rather have this, than bad designed brick-built wings. Though, when i think about a lego windmill the first thing that would come to my head is that the wings would be made of that textil material out of which the minifig capes and so on also are made. I would also assume, that that would be cheaper to produce, than a whole new plastic piece. If the set is an exclusive like mmv i doubt they'd use this part as wings, but if the set is a regular playset, it could very well be. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by metalandi

That wing piece is a piece in a new Dacta set, called Windmill Power or something like taht.

I really hope that lego makes this a good one, a real authentic medieval feeling scene with the same shocking detail that came in MMV. It would be really disappointing if kingdoms new factions take a fantasy turn like the crownies, orcs, and skellies.

I highly doubt they will concentrate on fantasy again (except maybe dragons), caue then why even bother and introduce a whole new line with a new name, factions, etc., wouldn't make much sense.

I have a theory, but you might not like it. The latest version of LDD includes parts from the upcoming NinjaGo line, along with a large "wing" piece that was not seen in any other 2011 pics before:

newlddparts.png

Could it be that this is one of the pieces that comprise the blades of the windmill? I could very well imagine that they put some stickers on it, put for of them together, attach it the mill, and call it a day. I hope it's not true, but it seems possible. :sceptic: What do you think?

It's possible, Oky Wan Kenobi.

But since the windmill very supposably will be an AFOL oriented set (like MVV), the wings will for sure made be out of long thin bricks and cloth. And the wings surely will be even longer than the ones to which you refered to in the LDD screenshot.

But it's good that you posted that new "wing piece" together with some of the new bricks in LDD 4. If you put the majority of them together, you can very clearly create a dragon with them. So maybe we'll see a dragon for the dragon knights in 2011 (which would imo be not absurd since they designed small dragons for this year's wave, too).

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

But it's good that you posted that new "wing piece" together with some of the new bricks in LDD 4. If you put the majority of them together, you can very clearly create a dragon with them. So maybe we'll see a dragon for the dragon knights in 2011 (which would imo be not absurd since they designed small dragons for this year's wave, too).

I doubt it. The dragon is from the Ice Dragon set in the NinjaGo line and is clearly Chinese themed, so it wouldn't fit in with Kingdoms anyway. And the small dragons weren't made for the Kingdoms line either, they're from Harry Potter. I don't even think they're supposed to be real dragons, just gargoyles and paper weights etc.

I doubt it. The dragon is from the Ice Dragon set in the NinjaGo line and is clearly Chinese themed, so it wouldn't fit in with Kingdoms anyway. And the small dragons weren't made for the Kingdoms line either, they're from Harry Potter. I don't even think they're supposed to be real dragons, just gargoyles and paper weights etc.

The dark green "baby Norbert" part is used in the tower as gargoyles, but the one from the wizard set I could never work out how that fit the theme if it was a live animal. Never thought of it as a paperweight - you may be right. It is possible however for those NinjaGo dragon pieces to also be used as part of a large battering ram, a la Grond.

I just want to explain something. I got a Prison Carriage Rescue. And on the last page of instruction there is a pic showing fight between Lions King and... Dragons Leader!

It appears that guy with breastplate from King's Castle is their leader!

4619179464_5c31035470.jpg

(Pic from DaleDVM review)

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I just want to explain something. I got a Prison Carriage Rescue. And on the last page of instruction there is a pic showing fight between Lions King and... Dragons Leader!

It appears that guy with breastplate from King's Castle is their leader!

I think he's just the highest ranking Dragon knight for the time being. I'm sure mid next year there will be a full sized Dragon building, with maybe a full sized Dragon king and a full sized Dragon dragon.

I should have visited this thread a long time ago. A Kingdoms windmill for 2011??? This promises to be fantastic. Just wish there was a little more information about it... I do hope it has brick-built sails instead of those one-piece ones though. Although if they used those, it might actually turn if you put it in a breeze... fortunately I live in Wellington, and anything will turn in a 'breeze'.

Why do the Dragon knights and the Lion knights both have crossbows, but neither side has any bows? I wonder if they're reserved for the Forestmen faction...

Edited by David Thomsen

Windmills have 'sails' not wings. :laugh: Best part to use would be the tapered rigging from the pirates theme with cloth sails attached. Wonder if there'll be a flour sack accessory? Tan or dark tan. A sack would be useful in pirates, farm, castle, town greengrocer....

Good point about the sack :thumbup: It seems like the windmill could be a treasure of interesting parts. I'm confident that TLG put as much effort in this set as the MMV, so I'm pretty excited about what the result will be! :cry_happy:

Good point about the sack :thumbup: It seems like the windmill could be a treasure of interesting parts. I'm confident that TLG put as much effort in this set as the MMV, so I'm pretty excited about what the result will be! :cry_happy:

Totally agree, there will be POTC, This windmill and so many good sets in 2011 at i can get them all :cry_sad: And i really would like to get all those cool sets, but i put the blame halfly on me and halfly on TGL. I Spend too much on this year, and TGL Prices are so high here in Finland. Spend over 1000 euros and even more thats for sure.

Captain Becker