Sign in to follow this  
Slobey

Share your kids creations

I noticed there didn't seem to be a thread that you could share your kids creations so I thought I'd start one up. Feel free to add to it!

There's nothing better than sharing your hobby with your kids... Most Sunday afternoons- especially if the weather isn't that good- My 6 & & yr old daughters and I will build away.

Here's couple of photos of their play area, complete with painted MDF board and "friends" inspired town layout. Each time they're getting more creative with the things they're making.

Those with a keen eye may notice Gandalf patroling the borderlands to guard against any Megablock invasion :wink:

kids1.jpg

kids2.jpg

kids3.jpg

Here's a topic I might contribute to eventually! :grin:

I like the play area you (?) built for your kids, and if anyone else has suggestions for children-friendly LEGO play areas and storage they would also be most welcome here.

The best storage I've found for the kids involves a large sheet (mostly circular in shape) that you thread a cord all around the outside edge, then the legos go in the center. When you want to put it away you pile the legos onto the sheet draw the cord and you have a bag full of legos, but when you want to play they are all nicely contained on the sheet yet easy to paw through. Anything else i've found just gets tipped out and the legos go everywhere, or is too large of a permanent struture to make storage easy.

Here's one my little 5.5 y.o. daughter made, which she called the "Rainbow Dog". She had to tell me what it was because I thought it was a crocodile with high legs.

I didn't think too much of it at first, but then had a "proudest mummy in the world" moment when I saw how she had done the legs.

8058132434_8d3743e425_n.jpg

It's still sitting on my monitor hutch in front of me now.

Here's one my little 5.5 y.o. daughter made, which she called the "Rainbow Dog". She had to tell me what it was because I thought it was a crocodile with high legs.

I didn't think too much of it at first, but then had a "proudest mummy in the world" moment when I saw how she had done the legs.

It's still sitting on my monitor hutch in front of me now.

It looks like a crocodile balancing a treat on it's nose. Heh! :grin:

So adorable! I agree, excellent work on the legs. I love it.

My 7 year old daughter is working on a jail cell. Not quite as quaint as that sweet rainbow dog. :blush:

LEGOjail.jpg

My mom made a couple of storage bags for my girls, like Cara mentioned, using this tutorial. I had one as a kid that she made, and really liked it. We don't store our LEGO in it, as I like things a bit more organized, but it's a good workspace for them; one where we can easily clean up the loose bricks they are working with, without totally putting them away.

The best storage I've found for the kids involves a large sheet (mostly circular in shape) that you thread a cord all around the outside edge, then the legos go in the center. When you want to put it away you pile the legos onto the sheet draw the cord and you have a bag full of legos, but when you want to play they are all nicely contained on the sheet yet easy to paw through. Anything else i've found just gets tipped out and the legos go everywhere, or is too large of a permanent struture to make storage easy.

I've seen those before didn't Lego make one about 10 yrs ago.

We use the old babies blanket seen in the 1st pic. All you need to do is gather a few stray bricks, pick up the blanket, slide the Lego board under the table and the playroom is clear.

My wife has threatened the girls( and me ;-) ) with the vacuum a few times so we've come up with this system and it works quite well

My daughter is almost four. She made a giraffe today and was quite happy about it:

259948_4048593008776_1978753061_n.jpg