blarghiflargh

(another) Blacktron Exo-Suit

Pretty straightforward palette-swap for the most part. The windscreen ad arms are the main changes. I'd like to make some gun arms eventually, the claws looks pretty vicious though IMO.

Built it before the contest but can't enter it because I altered the colors of the base of the suit, although it's the same parts.

m8l75d.jpg

v3os2p.jpg

That's really nice. I was thinking of building a suit with a black frame. I didn't have Blacktron in mind. Your choice of forearm pieces look better than barrels.

Very nice build! I'm impressed with how well the windscreen works for the exo suit, but if I had to offer one suggestion, I'd say that there might be a little too much yellow on the feet. I'm looking forward to updates on this when you add the gun arms.

I like this much better than the original too. The exo-suit looks kind of "evil" in general with those big claws, and is a great fit for Blacktron and its colors. :grin:

Well my opinion is: exo skeletons as whole are all still just repeating themselves on an on and on...nothing new: not bad nor superb, normal good exo IMO. :classic:

As for the Blacktron part: the only thing I see in it reminiscent of Blacktron is color scheme...and that's it, sorry. Design and manufacturing of it is OK but it really has nothing to do with the subtheme mentioned, guys...I mean from the design point of view, sorry once again (that is of course only my personal opinion). All LEGO sub themes had their design principles of some kind and many if not all "new" pseudo B1 concepts I saw mainly here on eurobricks has almost nothing to do with the original concept of B1 or any other space sub...name it neo-B1 and I'll be absolutely fine with it. :wink:

Anyway: good luck with your fine work, hoping to see some other of your models later. :thumbup:

Edited by bublible

Well my opinion is: exo skeletons as whole are all still just repeating themselves on an on and on...nothing new: not bad nor superb, normal good exo IMO. :classic:

As for the Blacktron part: the only thing I see in it reminiscent of Blacktron is color scheme...and that's it, sorry. Design and manufacturing of it is OK but it really has nothing to do with the subtheme mentioned, guys...I mean from the design point of view, sorry once again (that is of course only my personal opinion). All LEGO sub themes had their design principles of some kind and many if not all "new" pseudo B1 concepts I saw mainly here on eurobricks has almost nothing to do with the original concept of B1 or any other space sub...name it neo-B1 and I'll be absolutely fine with it. :wink:

Anyway: good luck with your fine work, hoping to see some other of your models later. :thumbup:

Thanks. I take your point, it's not true Blacktron I, nor is the LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit a true Classic Space design. Neo-Blacktron or Blacktron III or whatever you'd like to call it is more fitting from a categorization point of view.

For me personally however 'Blacktron' is a catch-all term for Blacktron I and II and the new Blacktron minifigs from the CMF line and Space Police III. To use another theme as an example, if one were to make a Pirates MOC I don't see the point in distinguishing between Pirates I and Pirates II. If one built something that didn't fit in with either style-wise it would still be Pirates, not Neo-Pirates. To me Blacktron is a group. Everything in that group is Blacktron.

Very nice build! I'm impressed with how well the windscreen works for the exo suit, but if I had to offer one suggestion, I'd say that there might be a little too much yellow on the feet. I'm looking forward to updates on this when you add the gun arms.

Yeah the windscreen was where it all sort of came together. As for the feet, I tried it with a black 2x1 curved slope and grille and it looked good as an individual part but I thought it threw off the balance when viewed as a whole. Having more yellow worked better to my eyes. It does look a little banana-shoed though, maybe I'll try a black curved slope with the yellow grille.