Ecclesiastes

October: Middle Earth Contest

gallery_17645_277_135317.jpg

The Rules

-Entries must be posted by midnight EET, October 31st, 2014 November 2nd!

-A max. Of Two entries per member, per category.

-Entries should be new and never posted anywhere previously.

-All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, no 3rd party parts, and no digital entries allowed.

-Decals will be allowed if you have made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.

-Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the History forum.

-The title of the topic should begin with "MEC Category X: <name of the entry>"

- A link of your MEC entry needs to be posted in the Entry Thread: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=100813

-The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.

-Entries are to consist of no more than 6 posted pictures of 800x600 or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size.

-We reserve the rights to change rules if necessary and the rights to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.

The Categories:

Category A. The Missing Set

The last part of The Hobbit Movie is coming out soon. And that will be the end of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit LEGO line. But no worries, awaken the designer in yourself and create the set you have always wanted.

-No more than around 2000 parts.

-You are creating a set, so remember no illegal techniques! It has to look like a set LEGO could produce and sell!

Category B. The Age of Men

Sauron is defeated and the Elves are gone. How does the Age of Men look like? Do the Elves return, do Ents take over? Everything is possible!

-Use your imagination, no size limitations whatsoever. Just show us what you got!

Category C. There and Back Again.

Use a chapter of Bilbo's book or add one, showing him on one of his many adventures!

-Size restrictions are 16 by 16 studs with minimal overhang.

Winners and Prize Pool

The winners will be determined by both Judging and voting. A top 5 of each category will be determined by Judging and the winners by a voting system!

Of course we'll be having amazing prizes. Like the new The Hobbit sets, but there's more! Runner ups will be getting prizes as well. And there will be a raffle among the entries! So start building and have fun with this!

Wow, I joined at just the right time!

This is something that hits right in my interests and I hope to have entry(ies) completed. I have always enjoyed LOTR and have planned a number of MOCs, some of which would fit the given categories.

Time to get building!

Slegengr

Sounds Fun! With the new sets coming out, it will make for a great Smaug vs Lake-Town or Bo5a Moc :D

Great! I got one question - "Two entries per member, per category" means, that I may do 1 or 2 MOCs, or I must do 2?

I haven't got a chance of winning, but this is definitely going to be a fun contest to enter!

Awesome! Finally a good reason to step out of the Star Wars for a short time ...

Great contest, it gaves chance to everyone! I'm definetly in, I need something to fill my time and this will sure bring us all some nice exercise.

Great contest. I hope I can find the time this month to bring my Middle Earth idea that's been in my head for a while into Lego form.

Ooo! Awesome! Thank goodness I went home this weekend and brought my Lord of the Rings minifigures back with me! And I'm itchin to make a castle build lately! The perfect storm!

Great! I got one question - "Two entries per member, per category" means, that I may do 1 or 2 MOCs, or I must do 2?

I have the same question. Can we build for just one category?

Edited by Adolfo

This contest sounds like a lot of fun.

I have tons of ideas for sets and minifigs that are still missing and the 16x16 category is also interesting.

Now I have to read "The Hobbit" again for an inspiration what to build for the contest.

I have the same question. Can we build for just one category?

Absolutely. You may have a MAXIMUM of two entries per category, but there is no minimum. You can have 1 in all three, or 1 in category A and none in B and 2 in C or just one entry in category C and none in the other two. Again, no minimum.