The Joker1

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (Video Game Discussion)

Introducing the Next Lego video game, LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, Get ready to take batman to new levels with this action packed superhero adventure that is literally out of this world (i should write slogans :tongue:) Available on all current platforms (not just next gens) fall 2014.

UPDATE 27/5/14- Nuffsaid has found a link to the first trailer

And a link to the Eurogamer write up found by thebuoywonder http://www.eurogamer...roes-into-space

14279472421_95e539837f_c.jpg

LEGO BATMAN 3: BEYOND GOTHAM by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

Poster

14096422368_632771a3fb_o.jpgBatman 3 by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

Screenshots-

14282890935_0baf29a1e9_o.jpgjpg (1) by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

14280858772_7a4bd7d17f_o.jpgjpg by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

14096369207_af3ae69cb9_c.jpgCyborg by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

14281051932_7e53466ded_o.jpg14283036685_47f91e7031 by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

14096612188_0ac1e54ce3_o.jpg14096466609_8dc07b40fc by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

14262852716_2655b9db34_o.jpg14283498284_da1a3eb5f2_z by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

-OLD STUFF-

Hi everyone, Nothing about this is confirmed yet but #LegoBatmanGame has posted some cryptic clues hinting to something upcoming on its Instagram. To save clogging of the 2014 Sets page I wanted to create this page here.

Link to clues- http://instagram.com/legobatmangame

UPDATE 27/5/14- Nuffsaid has found a link to the first trailer

And we now have a confirmed title -

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Edited by The Joker1
Update of topic title

This may just be a wishlist but... This is everything I want the game to have.

*Metropolis and Gotham are fully playable (That'd be great!) If not possible I'd enjoy a Watchtower, Gotham, and Portal to Amazonia. Like Asgard in LEGO Marvel

*NO RACES even as someone is who is considered good at videogames, some of the races in LMSH are just impossible!

*Access to multiple Batsuits. I don't mean the powered batsuits, but I want Adam West Batman to BvS:DoJ suit wise. (except take out the "Batman and Robin" suit :sick: )

*More levels - 15 isn't enough.

*More characters - I want 100+ this time around. No excuses! Blue Beetle was very popular around LB2 and he still wasn't in it! :hmpf_bad:

*Side-missions - Probably will be in there but just making sure.

*Random battles - In LMSH when you walked over a glowing circle you got to fight a boss. I want that in the game but I'd like it to be somewhat cinematic so you fly into the air and fight, then in the aftermath you have to save citizens.

*LONGER GAME - %100 is probably the most satisfying thing in a LEGO game that I've only accomplished once. But afterwards I want like lots of missions just to mess around with.

*Riddler trophies - I really enjoyed this collectible in the Arkham games. I'd love to see those ingame

*Arkham Asylum - LB2 had a great Asylum but I want more than that I want Arkham to be in the middle of LEGO HP Hogwarts - Arkham Asylum (Game) sized Asylum.

*Better Character Customizer - 'Nuff Said!

*More diverse character abilities.

*Watchmen - just my little want. Rorschach and Nite Owl II would be fine with me. :cry_happy:

I just want a DC equivalent to the Marvel game. Plenty of obscure characters and easter eggs, no constant reliance on Batman, a better story, etc.. The one thing that really bugged me about LEGO Batman 2 is that until the last levels of the game you only ever played as Batman, Robin, and Superman, and even then, there were more supporting Batman characters (like Vicki Vale) than there were DC heroes and villains. All of the villains except for Braniac and Lex Luthor were Batman villains. The new game should, at the very least, have two to three iconic villains for each of the primary Justice League members. I'm talking Lex, Bizarro, and Braniac for Superman; Cheetah, Circe, and Ares for Wonder Woman; Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, and Mirror Master for Flash; Black Manta, Ocean Master, and the Shark for Aquaman; Sinestro, Atrocitus, and Star Sapphire for Green Lantern, etc.. I don't care so much that they include a lot of Batman villains, just be fair to the rest of your Justice League as well. Don't make Batman 3, make Justice League.

*Access to multiple Batsuits. I don't mean the powered batsuits, but I want Adam West Batman to BvS:DoJ suit wise. (except take out the "Batman and Robin" suit :sick: )

Blasphemy! How can you not want Lego Batnipples?!?

I woud be interested in being able to play the whole extended Bat Family. All of the Robins, all the Batgirls, Batwoman, the second Question, Huntress, Alfred, Batwing, and so on. You could probably come up with a range of powers for the cast like giving stealth abilities and flight to Terry, and Cassandra has always veered on superhuman, maybe she could function like the big figs in Lego Marvel, who are stronger but can't build?

YES!!! Another!!!! :grin: I wonder if they can beat Marvel...my wishes:

Yes to no races. I HATE those. Marvel's are intolerable.

Two open worlds: Gotham and Metropolis. The latter would have day/night cycles like in LOTR.

150 characters at least. Marvel was AMAZING with their characters. I want a bunch of heroes, a whole lotta villains, and not just Batman ones, all the Robins, a bunch of Batsuits....

More actual other heroes besides the last two levels of the game. guess what game I'm tolkien about here? :tongue: (ya see what I did with tolkien..talkin...yeah I'll show myself out now...)

If possible, villain levels, these are what makes LB1 still a great game to this day.

Better, Marvel-like flying.

DC Easter eggs. Remember in Marvel when you follow the guide half way across the open world thinking you were going to a level and it lead you to a Howard the Duck statue and Fury relocates the guide saying that someone spilled shawarma sauce on the monitor? I want more stuff like that.

Last thing: PLEASE don't be only next-gen. If it is I guess I'll just go ahead and buy an Xbox One for this and Arkham Knight.

Edited by Tolkien

lets hope the use the lego batman 2 flying and not that ggod awful flying thatw as in marvel.

They're still calling it Lego Batman? :sceptic: I would hope that by this point they'd have changed it to just Lego DC heroes or something not centered around Batman

They're still calling it Lego Batman? :sceptic: I would hope that by this point they'd have changed it to just Lego DC heroes or something not centered around Batman

Congrats on your 600th post! And also. We don't know if it will be called LEGO Batman 3, but we can assume it due to LEGO Batman, LEGO Batman 2, etc. (You know what I mean) I hope it's not just "LEGO Batman 3" just let it be "LEGO DC Superheroes"

You know, if you're gonna say that, you really need to link a source.

Check the 2014 Superheroes Rumors thread. :wink: Anyways here's the source.

^

No offence, but that in no way confirms that we are getting a LEGO Batman 3. All it say is that a big reveal is coming up, but again it merely hints at the possibility of LEGO Batman 3. I appreciate that people like to speculate (and will undoubtedly continue to do so despite this post) but all of this seems pointless when we have absolutely no evidence to prove that this game is coming. I personally will wait until there is confirmation before I speculate on content.

Edited by Lord Rahl of Clannad

Would be great if

- they expanded the roster with Green Arrow, Clock King, Mirror Master, Faora, Jor El, Anarky, Azrael, Arkham Knight, Harvey Bullock, Falcone, Black Mask, Oracle, Shiva, Deadshot, Firefly, Copperhead, Electrocutioner, Deadstroke, ... Tons of possibilities there

- Tweak some figures that are better in bigfigures such as Clayface, Killer Croc, Doomsday, etc.

- Transformation bigfigure characters such as Bane, Titan Joker?

- Add the new feature of loot drops to build Justice League, Batman or Rogue vehicles

- Add a day & night cycle ( and get ridd of the aweful big minifigures in Gotham City.)

Edited by Cammo

Hopefully we'll get:

A fully exploreable Gotham (with none of those huge statues :sick:) and Metropolis, with the hub being the Justice League watchtower.

15 hero missions, then 15 villain missions like in the first Lego Batman game.

Side missions like Lego Marvel has.

Missions aren't just in Gotham, they can take place on Oa, Paradise Island, Fortress of Solitude, STAR Labs and other famous DC locations.

Big figs like Lego Marvel (Bane, Killer Croc, Doomsday)

The game focuses more on the Justice League than just Batman.

Improved flying controls.

^

No offence, but that in no way confirms that we are getting a LEGO Batman 3. All it say is that a big reveal is coming up, but again it merely hints at the possibility of LEGO Batman 3. I appreciate that people like to speculate (and will undoubtedly continue to do so despite this post) but all of this seems pointless when we have absolutely no evidence to prove that this game is coming. I personally will wait until there is confirmation before I speculate on content.

Well, the lego batman twitter page has been directing everyone to their Instagram page where there's pictures that when combined make green lantern and cyborg like designs plus two others.

Then dc all access tease a "video game announcement" this I admit could be anything but then the DC Instagram page posts lego batman and tells people to watch dc all access.

I'd say there's quite a bit of evidence.

Nuffsaid, You are a hero sir. This already looks AWESOME!!!! I completely agree with what all you guys have been saying, 1 we need more levels, 2 more figures (including bigfigs) and more extras (side missions, Trophies etc)

Will add that link to the first post. :wink:

Also, If a mod is about could you change the title to something along the lines of "Lego batman 3: Beyond gotham video game discussion" please

Looking forward to this. I hope they've improved the game mechanics, flying is still not as good as it could be (Plus the recent Lego games have been glitchy, so they could definitely use some improvement).

I hope this game get's a movie tie-in like Lego Batman 2 did. First off because it turned out to be a pretty good movie and secondly it's another chance to get an exclusive minifigure.

First post again updated with screenshots, More information and that brilliant link from TheBuoyWondwoner

EDIT, Thanks Cammo for the screenshots, I put them on the front page just as you posted them :laugh: .

Edited by The Joker1