Rinzler

TR3N (TRON 3)

Interesting. I'm only a casual fan of Tron, so while I wasn't holding my breath for this one, I do look forward to it. Maybe now we can finally have official Lego Tron sets? Without the Ultra Agents logo on them? :tongue:

Also, any chance they might also revive Tron Uprising? That was the best thing to come out of this franchise in my opinion and I would love to see a conclusion for that series.

FLYNN LIVES!

You think so? I would love to see Jeff Bridges return, but he seemed pretty dead at the end of Legacy to me. Although I suppose it is possible that he created a backup of himself or something...

Oh, and I really hope they don't stylize the title as "TR3N".

As someone who actually liked Tron Legacy (and indeed the general genere of Cyberpunk) the news of a third Tron film is amazing.

Also, any chance they might also revive Tron Uprising? That was the best thing to come out of this franchise in my opinion and I would love to see a conclusion for that series.

I really hope so. That still remains as one of my favorite shows.

Anywho, this news is very pleasing. I really enjoyed Legacy, so more Tron is always going to be welcome. And I'm definitely going to be crossing my fingers for Lego Tron sets.

You think so? I would love to see Jeff Bridges return, but he seemed pretty dead at the end of Legacy to me. Although I suppose it is possible that he created a backup of himself or something...

Oh, and I really hope they don't stylize the title as "TR3N".

TR3N is a preliminary title, like Legacy, it'll get a subtitle

Love it! Can't wait, very excited about this. I loved TRON: Legacy both the movie and the music. I really hope Daft Punk does the soundtrack.

Love it! Can't wait, very excited about this. I loved TRON: Legacy both the movie and the music. I really hope Daft Punk does the soundtrack.

If it means more tracks like Derezzed, I'm all for Daft Punk. Otherwise, Joseph Trapanese (guy who scored Tron Uprising) would make a good replacement.

Speaking of which, apparently DisneyTM never confirmed that Tron Uprising was cancelled. Hoping Ascension will be incentive to start up a Season 2 (probably wishful thinking, but a guy can dream).

I feel like disney being at the helm of tron definitely increases the chances of sets seeing as lego and them are on pretty good terms. (plus i really hope that this movie will compel them to bring back Uprising :grin: )

Pitty this has been axed, I thought Legacy was awesome and would definatly have gone to see this one.

But I suspect Disney has decided that there are other films they could make instead that would make even more money than a 3rd TRON film (all of which will likely suck but still earn big $$$ for reasons no-one can ever understand)

Ugh. One of the movies I was most looking forward to....

This is really sad news. Y'think there's any chance they may reconsider at a later date? Or is Tron 3 gone for good?

Pitty this has been axed, I thought Legacy was awesome and would definatly have gone to see this one.

But I suspect Disney has decided that there are other films they could make instead that would make even more money than a 3rd TRON film (all of which will likely suck but still earn big $$$ for reasons no-one can ever understand)

I don't see why Disney needs more money (Marvel and Star Wars? Come on!) But I think this would make more money than other films that Disney itself could make. Just look at Tomorrowland. :sceptic: I'm guessing the fact that they're considering Tomorrowland unsuccessful has a part to play in this choice.

Ugh. One of the movies I was most looking forward to....

This is really sad news. Y'think there's any chance they may reconsider at a later date? Or is Tron 3 gone for good?

I'm hoping that it just means a delay for now. But I don't want to wait another 20+ years for a third movie. :sadnew:

I think the disappointing returns of Tommorowland combined with the fact that whilst Tron Legacy did make a fair chunk of money, it wasn't a massive blockbuster earning Disney the big bucks in the way, say, Frozen or Avengers 2 or Cinderella is was enough to cause Disney to not proceed with the project at this point.

If Tron Legacy had made more money, it would have been enough for Disney to proceed with the third film even with the failure of Tommorowland.

Although in saying that (and having seen all the trailers and previews and crap) I think the reason Tommorowland has failed is because Tommorowland is a crap film, not because people dont like that sort of film anymore or whatever.

I certainly have no desire to go see Tommorowland but would have gone to see anything Disney does in the TRON universe no matter what.

Tomorrow land was not a good film, though I thought the trailers made it look good. The movie was nothing like what the previews made of it, and I'm guessing reviewers came down on it for that reason. Thus it becomes yet another film that failed for Disney like John Carter, The Lone Ranger, and Prince of Persia. :sceptic: Disney seems to be losing faith in their live action releases, meaning they don't have enough faith in Tron 3.

Disney seems to be losing faith in their live action releases, meaning they don't have enough faith in Tron 3.

I dunno about that. Avengers: AoU has made over a billion dollars just at the box offices alone and is the 6th highest grossing film of all time. Like the article said, Cinderella made over 500 million. Live action movies definitely can be big money makes. I think Disney just has too many other properties they are focusing on right now. They have all those Marvel superhero movies coming out as well as the new Star Wars films. Those are huge.

I dunno about that. Avengers: AoU has made over a billion dollars just at the box offices alone and is the 6th highest grossing film of all time. Like the article said, Cinderella made over 500 million. Live action movies definitely can be big money makes. I think Disney just has too many other properties they are focusing on right now. They have all those Marvel superhero movies coming out as well as the new Star Wars films. Those are huge.

Sorry, I meant standalone; not Marvel or Star Wars. You make a good point about Cinderella, though that's still a remake.

I think the failure of Tommorowland has made Disney wary of any live action Sci-Fi/Action type films that aren't tied to either the Marvel or Star Wars universes. Live action Fantasy/Fairy Tale stuff (like Cinderella) seems to work well for them so they will probably keep making more of that though.