Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

GoH Book II – Nar'Bilu 2.2 – Passage into Hemresa

Story 2.1 continues...

The great advantage of today’s raid is that we are familiar with the area, all the weaknesses and secret passages of the building. On the far eastern end of the wall, against the mountain foot is a path leading into Hemresa. It will be guarded, but it will be one of the easiest way in.

I send out the two hunters to scout the area and report back, what we have to deal with. Awaiting only a few hundred yards behind the scout team, my legion prepares for battle. The scouts return. A brief and positive report, nothing the legion can’t handle. Three swordsmen and two backup archers guarding the passage.

From behind the bushes we unleash a volley of arrows... all five were hit, only to be alarmed. None seem to mind arrows are sticking from their torsos. What are these creatures. Our swordsmen stampede into the blockade with pace. When they encounter the enemy they finally see what they are really up with. Undead creatures, zombified soldiers, maybe even friends from the past. They slash and stab without success. One soldier runs back to collect intel.

Nar Bilu consults amongst his men. One of the hunters steps forward to inform that we have to cut off their heads to silent them. Nar Bilu, the swordsman and the dwarven soldiers speed back to the front line, where the legion bravely holds off the enemy without casualties. Now three against one and the knowlegde how to kill them, the creatures stand no chance. Nar Bilu slays the last black robed undead soldier.

nar_bilu_defeats_undead.jpg

The fight is over within seconds. Hemresa, we are home.

With great cheers the Hemresa legion enters their settlement. Nar’Bilu and the team leaders discuss tactics and everyone rushes to their posts. Again we have a 360 degree visual of the Hemresa road west and main land Avalonia to the east.

prelim_hemresa.jpgprelim_hemresa_right.jpg

prelim_hemresa_side.jpgnymph.jpg

top_tower.jpgtop_tower_ii.jpg

It is time to plan how to re-conquer what is ours. First thing is the treetop watchtowers southwest of here, then the caves to the southeast. I hope the creatures left our small village in one piece. Hemresa village will be third on our list.

When we got the strategic settlements back, it will be time to figure out where these creatures came from. Two teams of scouts were send into the hunted grounds of Hemresa to make report of what is ahead.

After a brief periode, we are summoned for what is called Book II - Civil War: continue reading

I'd like to claim the following University of Petraea credits:

landscape design (flowers and dense foliage)

military science (fortification)

anthropology (life in Avalonia)

Geography (mountains or cliffs)

Edited by narbilu

Very nice story! I love it! Great job thinking on undead soldiers! The picture also looks epic, great posing!

Hemresa Southern Watchtower prelim pictures are ready... love to hear your reviews :grin:

Avalonia will rule once more...

The southern watchtower looks great! I love how you incorporated it into the rockwork and the wooden details are excellent :wub:

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in paticular how you connect the stone parts and the human work :wink:

nice tower, really like how you placed it in the rock wall!

Nice build mate! Everything looks great in it. I especially like how you incorporated the structures in the rock.

The only critism I have here is the black frame and the shield. I think the pictures would look way better without them and there's almost always a free corner to place a sign or the name of the build :wink:.

lots of nice details here. and to echo the rest I like how the tower is integrated into the stone wall and the landscaping looks good..

I agree with Buurili_burri about the black background and shield. the shield is the first thing I see and I would rather see the photos.

the other item is the glare from the flash, if you can find a way to add more light without the flash (outside on a cloudy day or under some shade) or try to distance the flash (if possible) from the lens as much as you can

overall still a nice build and look forward to more!

Thanks for your reviews till now... I removed the borders and shields for a better view :thumbup:

Excellent rock work! I like your plants and the door at the top. My one suggestion would be to add some 3x4 tree leaves at the edges of the MOC under the plants like you did on the interior, but I'm guessing the border would have made these pointless. Very nice job!

I'd like to claim the following University of Petraea credits:

landscape design (flowers and dense foliage)

military science (fortification)

anthropology (life in Avalonia)

Geography (mountains or cliffs)

Posting claims on builds this old bumps the thread too much in my opinion, better to only put the claims in the general UoP thread.

But as this thread is already bumped, I'll give you +1 on all four :classic: