Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_T

Is anyone working on an HMS Victory?

Just wondering cause on discovery channel the treasure quest guys have found a ship that has been identified as the HMS Victory. 4 24 Pounder's that they can find so far. and they ran into some Human Remains which halted the search untill approval of the government or something.

So was anyone working on the HMS victory???

What? If you are reffering to the 104-gun man-o-war, there are many models of it. Although, that particular ship never sank... What ship are you reffering to?

(I'm sure there are heaps of other HMS Victory named ships though.)

Lord Admiral Horatio Nelson's HMS Victory never sank but it was not the original. The original sank several decades before Nelson's Man-O-War was built. They have just recently released news that it is officially the HMS Victory.

I'm sure some of the other fellows on this board can tell you more about the original one than I can. There is plenty of information available on the internet. One great place to start is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victory_(1737) for the original and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hms_victory for Nelson's Victory.

There are a lot of other ships that bore that name but these are the two in question. Really interesting stuff in there.

Edited by meschepers

The original was a 3 deck ship-of-the-line?

Yes Zuloo. it was a 3 Deck Ship-o-the-line. The crew consisted of 11,000 men I believe.. On the cannon they recovered, besides the 24 pounder, they found a marking of some king, made by some guy called scha-something. lol forgot rest of the name. With the cannons made of brass. it was in almost PERFECT condition. and dated back to 1734 (The year the cannon was made.) And if anyone found that shipwreck besides the treasure quest guys. It is holding about 1 Billion dollars in coins or gold bars. *That's the estimate that all the treasures together if found in today's money system and their AGE* really lots to talk about, you must watch the show. On discovery channel called "Treasure Quest."

Edited by Davy_Blocks

So was anyone working on the HMS victory???

Try using the search engine. :pir-hmpf_bad:

If you would have put "HMS Victory" in the search block you would have gotten your thread then Teddy's.

There are also others.