MOC: Nebulon-B frigate

11 replies to this topic

#1 apemax

apemax

Member: 13948

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Posted Image
This is a remake of a really old Nebulon-B frigate i made years ago. this used up nearly all of my parts. hence the random colours. more pictures here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=451551

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 cavegod

cavegod

• UCS TIE Fleet Lieutenant

Member: 5322

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Very nice moc considering the limited parts you had you got the shape perfect!  how about getting the parts to colour it correctly and to round off the steps on the hulls?

#3 Cerlin

Cerlin

Member: 9938

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

I think the shape is quite accurate, but the multitude of colors hurt my eyes  :cry_sad:
You certainly put all your pieces to good use :thumbup:

Maybe if you photograph it in (or photoshop it to) black&white it would look more impressive?

#4 apemax

apemax

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:38 PM

View Postcavegod, on 11 November 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

Very nice moc considering the limited parts you had you got the shape perfect!  how about getting the parts to colour it correctly and to round off the steps on the hulls?
thanks. :classic: maybe one day when i can afford to buy some more bricks i'll build this again with better colours.

View PostCerlin, on 11 November 2010 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think the shape is quite accurate, but the multitude of colors hurt my eyes  :cry_sad:
You certainly put all your pieces to good use :thumbup:

Maybe if you photograph it in (or photoshop it to) black&white it would look more impressive?
thanks. :classic: i might try that.

#5 Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

• Tooting his own horn

Member: 3106

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

Reminds me of the Nebulon B-2 Technicolor Yawn.   :laugh:

But seriously, the shape looks really good.  As someone else suggested, smoothing out some of the rough edges will go far (inverted slopes on the engine section?).  Also, may I suggest that you cover the technic bricks with plates, or maybe tiles.  Something to hide the holes.  

And I understand about lack of good color selection.  You've done a good job considering that with a lack of proper color usually comes a restricted selection of parts.  Overall, I like it.
Apes suck!
Missiles deployed!

Currently playing as Winnifred in Tamamono's Party Lines Mafia.

#6 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

The shape seems to be good and recognizable, but I can't really tell with all the colors. Looking forward to the greyscale pic.

#7 Masked Builder

Masked Builder

• Hoping to get it up tonight

Member: 10293

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:42 PM

The shape is great!  I can understand the color overload though.  Hopefully you'll  be able to get enough of the right color to build it right. :thumbup: :classic:
Posted Image
Alexis Fenral
Level 47 In Heroica RPG, In The Hall
Flickr, Bricklink Store, The Review Spot, Facebook

#8 apemax

apemax

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:05 PM

View PostWalter Kovacs, on 11 November 2010 - 04:22 PM, said:

Reminds me of the Nebulon B-2 Technicolor Yawn.   :laugh:

But seriously, the shape looks really good.  As someone else suggested, smoothing out some of the rough edges will go far (inverted slopes on the engine section?).  Also, may I suggest that you cover the technic bricks with plates, or maybe tiles.  Something to hide the holes.  

And I understand about lack of good color selection.  You've done a good job considering that with a lack of proper color usually comes a restricted selection of parts.  Overall, I like it.
thanks. :classic:  yeah i don't have that many slope/inverted slope parts or i would have. i thought about covering the technic bricks with plates but i ran out of plates so yeah.

View PostBrickdoctor, on 11 November 2010 - 05:12 PM, said:

The shape seems to be good and recognizable, but I can't really tell with all the colors. Looking forward to the greyscale pic.
thanks. :classic:  greyscale pic added to first post.

View PostMasked Builder, on 11 November 2010 - 05:42 PM, said:

The shape is great!  I can understand the color overload though.  Hopefully you'll  be able to get enough of the right color to build it right. :thumbup: :classic:
thanks. :classic: yeah you never know, one day hopefully. :tongue:

#9 Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs

• Tooting his own horn

Member: 3106

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:12 PM

View Postapemax, on 11 November 2010 - 07:05 PM, said:

thanks. :classic:  yeah i don't have that many slope/inverted slope parts or i would have. i thought about covering the technic bricks with plates but i ran out of plates so yeah.
You can only work with what you actually have.  

The greayscale pic looks better.  Still a bit jarring.  Here's to hoping you have the parts selection to do this better in the future.   :thumbup:
Apes suck!
Missiles deployed!

Currently playing as Winnifred in Tamamono's Party Lines Mafia.

#10 Brickdoctor

Brickdoctor

• Look at my Post Count!

Member: 11254

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

Still a bit ah, spotted; but with the greyscale pic I can definitely tell the shape is pretty good.

#11 Darth Yogi

Darth Yogi

• im from no-caps country

Member: 11065

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:41 PM

The shape looks really nice, but I can understand the color with your limited amount of parts.  The grey scale defiantly makes it look better even though it is still spotted.
Great job :thumbup:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  Posted Image  
The Rabbit( MCW Contest entry)...........................Arrival on Tatooine...................................................Bail Organa's Airspeeder........................................Le Sans Fin

Flickr

#12 apemax

apemax

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

View PostWalter Kovacs, on 11 November 2010 - 08:12 PM, said:

You can only work with what you actually have.  

The greayscale pic looks better.  Still a bit jarring.  Here's to hoping you have the parts selection to do this better in the future.   :thumbup:
yeah one day. :classic: thanks.

View PostBrickdoctor, on 11 November 2010 - 08:16 PM, said:

Still a bit ah, spotted; but with the greyscale pic I can definitely tell the shape is pretty good.
thanks. :classic:

View Postdarth yogi, on 11 November 2010 - 11:41 PM, said:

The shape looks really nice, but I can understand the color with your limited amount of parts.  The grey scale defiantly makes it look better even though it is still spotted.
Great job :thumbup:
thanks. :classic:

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users