Itaria No Shintaku

Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary CUUSOO set Discussion

12563180684_70201192df_b.jpg

12562696025_215a11d027_b.jpg

12563186644_c41bcf0f89_b.jpg

12562224624_b82214cbc7_b.jpg

Announcing the Next LEGO® CUUSOO Set, and Fall 2013 LEGO Review Results

As promised in our review deadline post, here are the results of the Fall 2013 LEGO® Review! We’ve looked closely at each of the seven projects in this review period, and here is what we have decided:

LEGO CUUSOO #007: Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary

We’re thrilled to take the ECTO-1 and minifigure characters from BrentWaller’s Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary project and release them as the next LEGO CUUSOO set. This is an amazing model, and the set will be a fantastic representation of the cult classic film. Supporters know that Brent put a lot of love into this, and the final model, which we can’t reveal quite yet, will be largely based on his original car design. The final design, pricing and availability are still being worked out, and the set will be released later this year, so stay tuned!

-CUUSOO blog

LEGO GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

Omg, I'm so excited!!

Edited by Rick
Pictures from Cuusoo blog added

There might be two, the Female Minifigure set is still under review.

http://blog.lego.cuu...w-ghostbusters/

This is pretty exciting.

I've never been that interested in the Cuusoo sets, but the Ghostbusters set would be a must buy.

One thing I'd like to understand...

They state the following:

Ultimately we chose to base this LEGO CUUSOO set on the Ghostbusters 30th Anniversary project for two reasons; this project reached 10,000 supporters first, and our designers decided to base our upcoming set on BrentWaller’s car model.

Does that mean we'll only be getting the car/characters and not the building?

Fantastic! I feel bad for the other Ghostbusters team though especially as it's the ECTO-1

:classic:

Great! Too bad about Oz and FTL though. I think this one will be great! :sweet:

Im gonna sound so stupid in court when i pronounce that, thanks to TLG i had to rob a bank since all their projects this year is AWESOME !!!

Edited by LEGO Family

A logical and interesting choice. Hopefully, the result will look better than their DeLorean.

Off topic: that Sara Moore sure knows how to work the camera! Am I the only one who thinks she looks a bit like Hermione...?

Edited by Hive

Yes, finally it looks like going to be most memorable licensed cuusoo set of all time.

BTTF set is so awful and bad and Im crying every time I see it.But this GB project turned ecto1 to lego form in best archieved way and If lego decided this and say something like it is great then there cannot be biggest honour.

As fan of ghostbusters when I first saw first movie as kid I was thrilled how this ended, as sceptic I expected only bad news like not getting license, some features from that second GB project with very bad recreate of ecto 1 or giving win to feminist set because everybody is afraid of political correctness.

Edited by Ondra

Too bad they're leaving the building out of it. Despite CUUSOO being mostly AFOL-aimed (as far as I can tell, anyway, with it all being science/'80s licenses save Minecraft), it doesn't seem like they really consider big sets an option for it. I like Ghostbusters but an ECTO-1 isn't really a must-buy for me.

+1 on hoping they don't screw it up like the DeLorean. Regardless, I expected one of the two Ghostbusters sets-- I couldn't imagine them having any issues with the license on this one. Seems like the sort of thing everyone involved would've been excited about.

Edited by Hrafnblod

I'm honestly excited about this one; another classic/popular movie car to add to the cussoo series. Would have been nice to include the building - I think the 2 go hand-in-hand.

Now only if they can push the Ghostbuster Building as a Modular Set :)

I'm expecting this to be around £40-£50. The DeLorean was £35 and that was a smaller vehicle and 2 figures.

I'm really glad they made it. Hopefully it'll stop the flood of GB items that are so incredibly similar on Cuusoo at the moment. Whether the Cuusoo licence opens things up to the firehouse in the future or a variety of other characters we'll see. Cue endless follow on projects hitting Cuusoo with Slimer and Janine etc.... maybe for characters like Peck and brick built devil dogs.

As much as I'd like to see them in the future I'm just really happy they went with this set out of all of the sets reviewed. Let Lego do it's job now.

I thought CUUSOO had come to their senses and would stop focus on licensed ideas. Looks like it's back to the usual stuff now while the really good and original ideas have to stand back. I don't believe much in CUUSOO as it works now. :sceptic:

I feel a mod of the Fire Brigade coming on... Or perhaps I can park it outside the haunted house with the team gingerly opening the gates.... This ones going to be tough to resist!

I thought CUUSOO had come to their senses and would stop focus on licensed ideas. Looks like it's back to the usual stuff now while the really good and original ideas have to stand back. I don't believe much in CUUSOO as it works now. :sceptic:

Why should everything be nonlicenced? There was something nonlicenced last time, so I expect they just want to do something licensed this time.

Sounds great! I loved the BTTF Delorean and I'm sure I'll love this one too. :thumbup:

I wonder if they'll include all four Ghostbusters... From a fan's perspective, it's necessary, but what about from LEGO's perspective?

For some reason despite growing up in that time period I've never given a crap about Ghostbusters. I won't be buying the set. There's just zero nostalgia value in it for me. :P