Sign in to follow this  
Ookami

[MOC] Adventurers. Pacific Island escape

Year 1947. The Second World War is over. Johnny Thunder has left all of his adventures behind and now working at one of the australian universities. His archenemy, Baron Von Sinster is buried under the ruins of the Golden Dragon temple after the infamous Orient expedition, which took place right before the war. Though, unexpected letter from Johnny's uncle, professor Kilroy, makes Thunder worry:

"Dear nephew, I know that you are done with your adventures, but now like never before I need your help. Remember the secret society called "Enceladus", which I used to tell you about long time ago and member of which I personally was in 1917. This is not as simple as you might think - I haven't told you all the exact details assuming them to be burried with the events of 1920. My old friend, Tadeusz MacBright, who was a leader of the "Enceladus", became obsessed with the ideas offinding force so powerful and so infinite, that none of us can even imagine. With great efforts of mine and my few clearheaded fellows, we managed to stop Tadeusz and other members of the society. 27 years ago, on the island, map of which I send with this letter, we faced forces, that are beyond our consciousness, beyond everything, we barely managed to stop the dark ritual. Tadeusz himself, fell into the abyss, so I suppose him being dead. Other members of his spiritual experiment were arrested. Though, the war gave the "Enceladus" a second chance. The society was revived under the leadership of Von Smidt and now growing its strength. Oh, I think I can't write anymore - someone is coming. I'll leave the letter behind the old wardrobe - Mike is warned and he will deliver it with all the necessary items and artifact... Sincerely yours, uncle Kilroy. 15th september, 1947."

Having read the letter, Johnny and Mike immediately start a new adventure to find Kilroy. To their fortune, Pippin Reed joins them in an unexpected meet at Sydney docks. They soon find the altar and an artifact called The Book of Dead, which according to Johnny's knowledge was used to summon spectral entities. Though, they find no trace of Kilroy. Being ambushed by Von Smidt and "Enceladus" soldiers, they are trying to escape. Will they? It's a question. To be continued.

26416084876_a452770b5b_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26169177230_264f72a88d_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

25839185163_be875808f0_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26169176340_581e0d65e1_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26169179420_603ae9ef9f_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26349702922_4992204ae8_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26442010315_c5bc52b430_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26442012345_767110f110_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26416081596_fc9650aab3_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

25839187263_f6a69764aa_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26349704582_cbe0e62ce4_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26416079506_a1be59258d_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26416083666_485e9f7f7f_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

26349704922_e93f5a0520_b.jpgAdventurers. Pacific island escape by Nick Art, on Flickr

Edited by Ookami

Very nice dynamic and dramaturgy.

But this MOC deserves to better photos. Try to get plain background without ruck, and try to use day light or correct white balance.

Very nice dynamic and dramaturgy.

But this MOC deserves to better photos. Try to get plain background without ruck, and try to use day light or correct white balance.

Thanks a lot for critics - I tried to follow your advice and take some shots in the day light, though this background is the best I could get for now, but I will try to improve later:)

Neat-o! Adventurers MOCs are always in short supply. That explosion is really well done, and good job finding a use for the new Angry Birds egg pieces. My one gripe is that the biplane is just the one from that new Angry Birds set, which isn't very original on your part. And that biplane just doesn't look very good.

Neat-o! Adventurers MOCs are always in short supply. That explosion is really well done, and good job finding a use for the new Angry Birds egg pieces. My one gripe is that the biplane is just the one from that new Angry Birds set, which isn't very original on your part. And that biplane just doesn't look very good.

I agree with Junior Shark on the biplane...This MOC is really well done! Whenever you have a golden volume with a query on the cover, you can expect Excitement to commence.

I really like the way you made the explosion. I've never seen that before.

Your pictures look a lot better than yesterday.

Great action scene !

I like the explosion you made with that cactus in flame !

It has a very dynamic feeling and is well deserving the adventurers theme.

Good job !