Sign in to follow this  
lego fox

HMS Brunswick

Great ship Some of the things seem a little funny, like the striped masts and the white rigging. Its good, accually great rigging, just it'd look better in brown/black.

Also interesting how you decided to use a dowel for the bowsprit. The sails look good, but if your going for an old style look, don't wrinkle the sails, instead, dip them in some coffee/tea, to give them a light brown color.

Those headrails are really great... IMO they might look better in a different color.

The stern looks great! Thats probably my favorite part, great job on that

Overall theres a couple things you could fix, Though I see that having the rigging already done, it might be hard to tweak some things. Good effort! :pir-classic:

P.S. Spllng corrctlee rlly hlps

Edited by the_green_avenger

A beauty of a ship, I'm pleased with how it turned out and other then green stated, nothing wrong with it that I can see at all^^ great build :thumbup:

Awesome ship lego fox :thumbup: I think there's a little to much rigging though.

P.S. Spllng corrctlee rlly hlps

Hes ADD so he has an excuse :pir-wink:

Edited by Ratshot

Good, but....how the heck does that thing fit in a river?

Awesome ship lego fox :thumbup: I think there's a little to much rigging though.

Hes ADD so he has an excuse :pir-wink:

So am I but I can spll correctly :pir-wink:

And there's no such thing as too much rigging, If you look at real life ships, they've a lot more rigging than this...

Good, but....how the heck does that thing fit in a river?

Most rivers are at least 8 inches wide... :pir-tongue:

Very nice ship!

The sides are a bit chaotic, but the rigging is really great.

And mainly because of that (and because the masts and colours are so good):

blogged.png

Keep an eye on the frontpage :pir-wink:

I like your newest ship, lego fox, but the rigging seems a bit excessive to my personal taste :thumbup: . Everyone their own thing of course!

I would love to see some more detailed pictures as well!

Please no attacks on people's spelling. Leave this to the mods, we'll intervene when necessary. Thanks!

So am I but I can spll correctly :pir-wink:

And there's no such thing as too much rigging, If you look at real life ships, they've a lot more rigging than this...

Different people have different conditions which affect them in different ways.

You are right about ships in real life, they do have the same or more amount of rigging but this looks a little much for ship made of Lego, IMO.

Different people have different conditions which affect them in different ways.

You are right about ships in real life, they do have the same or more amount of rigging but this looks a little much for ship made of Lego, IMO.

Alright, I guess I shouldn't've really criticized on spelling. (thats what you moderators are for...)

And IMO i like to see lots of rigging on ships. Kinda as a sign of quality. Which I think adds a lot to this ship...

Alright, I guess I shouldn't've really criticized on spelling. (thats what you moderators are for...)

And IMO i like to see lots of rigging on ships. Kinda as a sign of quality. Which I think adds a lot to this ship...

Talking about spelling, you still have hms grandUEr in your signature instead of grandEUr :pir-tongue:

And what's an ADD? I couldn't find it in the EB-glossary.

And what's an ADD? I couldn't find it in the EB-glossary.

Its not a Lego term silly :pir-laugh: It means "attention deficit disorder", it basically means that you can't focus on stuff as well as others, lots of kids have it.

Edited by Ratshot

I'm glade you all like the ship and I'll try to get some better photos this weekend, but I don't have ADD. I have ADHD or Attention Deficit HIpper Activity Disorde. With ADHD you have most of the same problems as ADD ,but you get easley exsited and you have trubbel stitting still and behaving.

I'm glade you all like the ship and I'll try to get some better photos this weekend, but I don't have ADD. I have ADHD or Attention Deficit HIpper Activity Disorde. With ADHD you have most of the same problems as ADD ,but you get easley exsited and you have trubbel stitting still and behaving.

No worries mate! Just keep building and posting!

Same with what admiral becjuane said plus 99.99% of ADD is really ADHD (same here, I'm ADHD)

Sorry 'bout the spelling criticism (you might want to try and use the spell check in the top right of the screen when making posts). And I was accually looking up in the dictionary the definition of grandeur and it was spelled grandUEr, I just checked and it is... so either the dictionary is wrong, or you can spell it both ways... :pir-wink:

very nice ship ! Ijust wonder, why did you chose this name for it ?

oh ok :pir_laugh2: so that makes sense ! XD ( I just have a friend whose last name is "Brunswick" and he just keep telling me that he's from an old noble family. XD )

The real resone for the name is I was driving to werk and it just poped into my head and I could not get it out. I like namming ships this way, It keeps me gessing. but at other times it's just one big hedacke. How do you guys deside on a name for your ships?

The real resone for the name is I was driving to werk and it just poped into my head and I could not get it out. I like namming ships this way, It keeps me gessing. but at other times it's just one big hedacke. How do you guys deside on a name for your ships?

Names in real life, are usually chosen by the captain, either as a quality of the ship (like grandeur), a personal reason (like rochester), or just some random name that pops into ones head that sounds fitting enough.

:pir_yoda: