Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

Hi, I like the new harbor set and the container lifter very much. Also the hospital and the doctor's car from last year are excellent sets.

It would be very nice if TLC would go on with those nice products, so I thought we here on Eurobricks could collect some ideas for new City sets. So Lego would know what real Lego City fans would like as sets in the future.

Some of my wishes:

First of all:

Harbor sets:

luxury yacht

a luxury yacht with a bridge upstairs and a living and bed room downstairs

including a little pier, suitcases, dinnerware and food

minifigs: man with his woman and their son and daughter

Fishing Cutter

a fishing cutter with a bridge upstairs and a engine and storage room downstairs

including some barrels, some boxes, fishes, crabs and a big flue on a crane

minifigs: captain, worker and boatsman

Octan Oil Harbor

an Octan oil tanker (=ship!) with landing stage and little oil refinery

including tools and some barrels

minifigs: captain, first officer, boatsman and two Octan workers

Octan Oil Rig

(Perhaps as S@H Exclusive!)

an oil rig (with office and rest room) with a heliport

including a helicopter, diving bell, tools and two lifeboats on cranes

minifigs: pilot, 3 Octan workers and the Octan workers' boss

Cruiser

(Perhaps as S@H Exclusive!)

a little cruiser with a little swimming pool in the back, a restaurant and a bridge upstairs and two coaches with toilets downstairs

including lifeboats on cranes, dinnerware, food and suitcases

minifigs: captain, first officer, steward, stewardess and three passengers

And what are your ideas? (also other city themes, not only harbor)

Are you sure you want two yachts and two cutters? ;-) :-D

I love your ideas about the oil rig and the oil tanker, but counting the pieces, these sets have to be huge (and expensive). We are having a lot of these sets this year. :-|

If it

To follow up your harbor theme:

A fish market. With minifig-scaled crabs, fish, shrimp. and shells.. *wub*

Minifigs: 2 fish salesmen (a captain style one and one with the green overall from 7994) and a woman.

Some 10 Euro-ish (I just discovered I don't have the Euro sign on my keyboard! X-D )

I'd just love that set.. :-$

And Holodoc, the Doctor's car IS a great set, It has doors! *wub* But the hospital was crap.. *sad*

I wouldn't mind seeing the old City Space Port stuff again.

Given the new direction Space is going with MarsMission, a crossover set seems like it might fit...

Dunno if TLG likes to mix their themes like that though.

there are dozens of sets i'd like to see:

bus station

bus stop

postal office

garage

motorcycle shop

road repair truck

flower shop

park

zoo

restaurant

city pub

school

moving van

lorry truck

large classic container truck

summer house

snackbar

truck to transport windows,...

cable repair truck

park maintenance truck

shops, lots of them

so basically, the entire old catalogue + some new things, but my guess is we'll be getting a fire truck again next year :-|

but my guess is we'll be getting a fire truck again next year :-|

Nope, it's Police time. The last station is from 2005, that would make 3 years next year. We might see more civilian sets but there will be a Police station, 3 years is just too long without a new Police station...

Octan Oil Rig(Perhaps as S@H Exclusive!)

an oil rig (with office and rest room) with a heliport

including a helicopter, diving bell, tools and two lifeboats on cranes

minifigs: pilot, 3 Octan workers and the Octan workers' boss

Well here

Nope, it's Police time. The last station is from 2005, that would make 3 years next year. We might see more civilian sets but there will be a Police station, 3 years is just too long without a new Police station...

I hope they do! but then again i might get the 2005 one since i saw 3 @ tru last week,i'd also like to see a bus like this one http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1034418 & http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1034414 & ambulance like this http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1762022

Police Station On! *y*

I really like your list of sets for "City" snefroe1. I definitly would agree with you. I would like to add that in order for a town to grow, we would definitly need construction vehicles. Have you noticed that TLC has not released any new tractors. The new construction sets are awesome, but they need buldozers & front-end loaders. The new dump truck and cement mixer is a start. I hope TLC will expand from here.

i also like your list snefroe1. its wat every big city fan needs. but actually im surprised that a Tow-Truck isnt included in the Petrol Station. When was the LAST Tow-Truck was ever introduced? Maybe it would be one of the New "Town-Essential" Sub-themes?

Tired of police, fire and rescue sets? Ever wonder where that Lego dump truck takes the garbage? Do you want realism in your Lego town? Well this is the set for you: Create your own ecological disaster with set no. 4200, "The Tire Fire". Comes complete with a dozen old flaming tires, grungy workman and junk-yard dog.

Steve

I was thinking about this over the last day or so and I finally got some great ideas for a city theme. How about a vacation or leisure sub-theme. Some of my ideas for sets are:

Fishing Trip - Includes one jeep/suv vehicle with 2 minifigs and accessories (including 2 fishing poles).

Family Camp Site - Includes tents, fire, pots, pans, a car with a trailer and a minifig family (3 or 4 figs). The kids can be represented by the stubby minifig legs.

White Water Raft - Basically a rehash of an old set from the early 90s (cant think of the set number). a raft, 3 minifigs with life jackets and helmets an accessories.

Ski Lodge - A large set with a wooden style ski lodge, 5 or 6 minifigs with ski jacket torsos, skis and poles, a jeep or all-terrain bike with rescue guy. Maybe even a working chair lift that runs on Technic gears.

Cottage Camp - Another large set made up of 2 or 3 small cottages, 7 - 8 minifigs, lots of camping accessories, a small boat, jet ski, all-terrain bike, fishing equipment, a small dock.... etc. etc. etc....

I'd like an RV of some sort.(many europeans refer to them as Caravans) Preferably a truck and 5th wheel trailer, but a regular class "c" style camper with a slide out will do.

If i remember correctly, lego did this a couople times in the 80's, early 90's. One was a car and trailer, and the other was a RV towing a boat. Great sets! We need more!

I was thinking about this over the last day or so and I finally got some great ideas for a city theme. How about a vacation or leisure sub-theme. Some of my ideas for sets are:

Yes, that would be a great idea. I would also like some new vacation sets. Perhaps also a new villa with a swimming pool (like the one of the Paradisa theme)...

Snefroe1, your City sets proposals are very nice. Like them. A skateshop, a car shop (but with cars with doors!) and a food store would be nice, too.

Like Athos I'm also tired of police and fire sets. These are always nearly the same and who needs lots of fire or police stations?! More sets with civil persons should be released. But I would like sets which include also women and kids and not always only men!

(I will write down some ideas for new City sets the next day. In the moment I've little time, much to work!)

Yes, BearHeart, a leisure and vacation subtheme would be very nice indeed. *y*

And Klaus-Dieter, I don

Family Camp Site - Includes tents, fire, pots, pans, a car with a trailer and a minifig family (3 or 4 figs). The kids can be represented by the stubby minifig legs.

White Water Raft - Basically a rehash of an old set from the early 90s (cant think of the set number). a raft, 3 minifigs with life jackets and helmets an accessories.

Yay! Camping! That is a nice idea. I can see a camper with a hiking stick going to a tent like the Team-X ones that are green with a dog and a boy and a girl. And the parents. Those ideas would make a great sets.

Camping sets on! :-)

Hey, mates, where are you?!

Yes, I would like camping, too. What about a caming ground?

Camping Ground

a camping ground with big house including toilets, showers, gate, little restaurant with camping shop and terrace

including some tents, a mobile home, suitcases, glases, cups and camping stuff

minifigs: camping ground owner, shop owner, waiter, camping people

I think the future is modular building!

Instead of giving completely new firestation, hospital, airport, policestation... every 3 or 4 years, only new modules could be made. For example we got a firestation this year, next year we could get a add-on: A garage, then a new module: sleeping quaters and so on. The same thing could be done with all of the sets. The original sets shoul be around 50

I think the future is modular building!

Instead of giving completely new firestation, hospital, airport, policestation... every 3 or 4 years, only new modules could be made. For example we got a firestation this year, next year we could get a add-on: A garage, then a new module: sleeping quaters and so on. The same thing could be done with all of the sets. The original sets shoul be around 50

Mobile Rescue Unity Car

a big mobile rescue unity car with operating room, first aid room and a separable cab (similar to the mobile police unity car 6348)

including some suitcases, two divan beds and some infusions

minifigs: a doctor, a paramedic, an injured person, a surgical nurse, an anaesthetist and a surgeon

Certainly this set would cost a lot of money (I would think around 50 Euros), but I would like it, and buy it!

Oh yes, give me an anaesthetist, please! *wub* I would certainly die for one.

I

That would be the basic idea of modular building like this. LEGO could always make more and more...and people would buy what they like...no need for redoing just make more :)

Yes, that would be a great idea, a Lego Rescue Truck. Doe you think of a remake of some R.S.Q. set or something totally new?

What I would like as Rescue set, too, would be the following:

Mobile Rescue Unity Car

a big mobile rescue unity car with operating room, first aid room and a separable cab (similar to the mobile police unity car 6348)

including some suitcases, two divan beds and some infusions

minifigs: a doctor, a paramedic, an injured person, a surgical nurse, an anaesthetist and a surgeon

Certainly this set would cost a lot of money (I would think around 50 Euros), but I would like it, and buy it!

I was thinking of something more like this: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2001814

More like an addition to the Fire theme, not the Hospital theme. :-)

I mean the kind of Heavy Rescue trucks that rush out to car crashes, building collapses and so on.. *wub*

And maybe we could get a Haz-Mat truck? 8-