Ssorg

MOC: Lapland Cabin with Two Seasons

Hello there!

Just completed my latest MOC and my last CUUSOO project:

Lapland log cabin with both summer and winter in the same package! :sweet:

Of course, one doesn't have to be some fan of Lapland to like/support this, for basically it can be interpreted as a generic cabin in almost any wilderness.

Here's all of it in the "summer mode":

7486768236_90cf2f0fca_c.jpg

And here's the same place in winter:

7486764408_2320921913_c.jpg

Changing between seasons is easy. Just remove the plants and place the large "snow" parts:

7486813166_cdfc4704b6_c.jpg

The cabin roof can be detached and the fully equipped interior can be accessed:

7486866092_923118370c_c.jpg

A sneak peek for all that this concept has to offer:

7486861606_06753b9f02_c.jpg

The "links in the text" he mentions can be found on my CUUSOO project page. Maybe the pic above serves to lure many of you there. :wink:

So please visit my CUUSOO project, see more of this MOC, and please consider supporting it if you wanna see a cabin set like this to hit store shelves! :grin:

7486996230_b468c3efaf_c.jpg

Comments (and supports too :laugh:) are welcome! :classic:

P.S. And if some of you are not aware of my other MOCs striving to become sets, please see:

- Sailboat

- Douglas DC-3 a.k.a Dakota

- Airship

- And the CAD-Titanic

Edited by Ssorg

Awesome work. I think making the lake area a clear tile to give the illusion of ice would make it even more awesome.

Thanks for the idea, yet in Lapland conditions mostly there is a thick layer of snow on ice, so this way it's more "realistic". :laugh:

Thanks for the idea, yet in Lapland conditions mostly there is a thick layer of snow on ice, so this way it's more "realistic". :laugh:

True. But with an icy surface, the mini figs could go ice skating in the winter. :classic:

This looks amazing!!! Cant believe how easily it goes from summer to winter!

Congrats and good luck!!! :sweet:

Genius, pure genius.....I :wub: the winter roof change over trick.....AWESOME design 'Ssorg' ! :grin:

The cabin is wonderful on the outside and inside as well ! :grin:

Brick On with Cuusoo 'Ssorg' ! :classic:

That is a great cabin, and the snow cover addition is great.

You've got an extra supporter on Cuusoo now.

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!

I am really speechless... it's so full of details! It's really a jaw-dropping moc!

That is a great cabin, and the snow cover addition is great.

You've got an extra supporter on Cuusoo now.

Very much thanks for your support, and thanks to everyone else too for your comments! :classic:

To add,

this is a build which would fit in the creator houses line, with a tag: advanced.

:)

Very fitting comment. In terms of size, piece count and level of details it's much like the modular buildings, but the concept resembles more many Creator house sets. Yea, sort of an advanced Creator creation. :laugh:

This is awesome and so detailed. I love the interior, but also the exterior and how you have made it changeable for two seasons.

As someone said before, you can try and use trans clear pieces to give the illusion of ice. That would be great. :thumbup::classic:

Wow, would like to stay in there for a while.. it looks so detailed and cosey and immediately gave me the nice feeling of skiing and wintersports!!!

Great work!!

Greetz, LegoSjaak

Really excellent wooden cabin. The idea of the summer and winter modes is good, but I think I would like the house all alone, as it is so excellently done.

I think I would like the house all alone, as it is so excellently done.

Thanks, yea it's quite pretty. I considered making the surrounding nature considerably smaller (to bring down the piece count CUUSOO in my mind) but then concluded I better keep it, as being surrounded by wild nature is sort of the very point of such a forest cabin. :laugh:

This is fantastic! *oh2* I love it, I supported it and I would buy it! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Thank you very much! :sweet:

Totally awesome MOC! It has a very nice design and lots of great details. Great idea with the shift from summer to winter.

This is incredibly cool and well done. I love both seasonal versions :wub:, and it's a great feature to be able to switch between the two. I love how you made that smooth sandy beach, and the snowy roof looks so real. Those reindeer are pretty cool too, and that boat! Not to mention the awesome cabin itself of course, there's just so much to love about this! :wub_drool:

there's just so much to love about this! :wub_drool:

Well it makes me glad that it manages to make an impression. :grin: Again, thank you everyone for your nice comments!

this is excellent and I love how you converted it over to winter scene. The interior and landscaping are great too.

By the way this cabin would fit well into the the mountains or by a lake here in the US just as easily.

By the way this cabin would fit well into the the mountains or by a lake here in the US just as easily.

You're right. Actually I say in the project description on CUUSOO:

"Of course, one doesn't have to be some fan of Lapland to support this, for basically it can be interpreted as a generic cabin in almost any wilderness."

Good thing you mentioned that, it made me thinking I'd better include the quoted text here as well. :thumbup: