Sign in to follow this  
Captain Green Hair

VOTE OFF for the Pimp your IMTP ship contest

Final votes  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your favourite!

• Bonaparte
    • Benk

Ladies and Gentleman...drum roll......the contest has ended in a draw between Benk and Bonaparte!

So we have decided to have a ...tum tum taaa.... vote off!

So choose your favorite below! *y*

Voting can be done until Friday the 22nd of February.

First up Bonaparte's beautiful sidewheeler La Gloire:

gloire-04.jpg

gloire-02.jpg

gloire-05.jpg

And next is Benk's wonderful ship the HMS Rapide:

benk1.jpg

benk2.jpg

benk3.jpg

Good luck mate's!

It's happened again! Different pair of contests but still a longterm user and a new kind on the block.

Let's see who wins!

I voted for...no-one yet! I've still to decide, but I have an inkling I may follow my earlier vote... ;-)

A new kind on the block.

Oh thanks! X-D

I still want flintlock pistols at 20 paces! >:-)

I will have to seriously consider this next vote.

Benk's ship looks a lot more suited to the setting of Pirates. I just can't abide a steam ship with a wheel - it's far too modern for my liking.

*sing* Gloire, you have my vote now!

Gloire, I think you're such a cool boat!

Calling Gloire! *sing*

Benk's ship looks a lot more suited to the setting of Pirates. I just can't abide a steam ship with a wheel - it's far too modern for my liking.

Modern? They are sooooo old. First ones where build around 1800. I would have to look for the exact date.

Sidewheelers ON!

wolverine-ii.jpg

pacific.jpg

CityofKeyWestSidewheeler.jpg01_1_b_126_1.JPG

Modern? They are sooooo old. First ones where build around 1800. I would have to look for the exact date.

Ok, I shall rephrase that. It looks like something out of the Industrial Age, not the Age of Sail. I don't like the Industrial Age - you couldn't imagine pirates sailing around the Caribbean in something like that. X-D

It looks like something out of the Industrial Age, not the Age of Sail.

Aye, but La Gloire (the real ship) was the first ironclad (iron hulled/plated ship) and so linked the age of sail to the Industrial Revolution. I think the age of sail truly ended when muzzle loading cannons were made obsolete, not when steam was introduced. *sweet*

Anyhow, me thinks you voted Bonaparte in part 1... ;-)

My vote goes to the French...for once! :-P

This is a hard one, I love both of them! X-D

I think they are both sea-worthy vessels, but Benk gets my vote, I love the livery and the captains cabin! Aside from that they are both about even in my books, so it was a tight choice!

Aye, but La Gloire (the real ship) was the first ironclad (iron hulled/plated ship) and so linked the age of sail to the Industrial Revolution. I think the age of sail truly ended when muzzle loading cannons were made obsolete, not when steam was introduced. *sweet*

I don't think very much of Ironclads either! Wooden ships with sails - that's what I like to see. I don't really care for what linked two different ages together. X-D

I don't think very much of Ironclads either! Wooden ships with sails - that's what I like to see. I don't really care for what linked two different ages together. X-D

Tonight, Mister Phes is gonna party like it's 1699. X-D

I must admit, I'm in the same group. :-$

I voted for Bonapartes ship for a second time.

It was again a tough decision i had to make but in the end i voted for what i thought to be the most original idea.

Still Benk has got himself a beautiful ship there to with some very cool details. I love the both of them and they should both be turned into lego sets *sweet*

Tonight, Mister Phes is gonna party like it's 1699. X-D I must admit, I'm in the same group. :-$

Well you can come and party with me then, SlyOwl can go and start a party Bonaparte. :-P

I voted for Bonaparte. While Benk's is beautifully done, I see it as more of a mini-pirate-ship. Bonaparte's is more original. Great job both of you! *sweet*

I went for Bonaparte. His ship is more unique, I like seeing a different flair, Benk's is great but it just another pirate ship to me. Well done to you both though, brilliant entries!

Batbrick Away! >:-)

It was tough, but i went with Bonaparte. It's a great little boat, with a nice colour scheme and I love the wheel and steam pipe (?). I also love the flag on the mast, very nice *wub*

Good luck to both of you :-)

I'm with Benk, a beautifully done ship, with lots of little details, a steam wheel was abit to advanced for the pirates theme in my opinion ;-)

Both ships are awesome and amazing and cool and.... *wub*

But i'm sticking with Benk, simply because it has a little more playabilaty and i love the looks of the rigging.

I voted for Bonaparte. While Benk's is beautifully done, I see it as more of a mini-pirate-ship.

Isn't the idea of using these hull plates to create a smaller vessels rather than the ships many MOCers seem to create?

Tonight, Mister Phes is gonna party like it's 1699. X-D

I'm pretty sure those lyrics are in Weird Al's "Amish paradise" song!