WesternOutlaw

MOC: Pullman Coach

traintech1.jpg

My latest addition to the Santa Fe Western is this Pullman Coach. I'm not quite sure if this will be the final wagon, but it may be close.

pullmancoachf.jpg

EDIT: image with train

trainwpullman.jpg

Hello!

Those 1x2 clear plates are my favourite detail! Always fond of transparent elements I am when I see them in excellent use. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Those 1x2 clear plates are my favourite detail!

That indeed is a really nice detail. I like that the yellow of the loc comes back in the coach. Not too sure about the tan though in a train that's otherwise in basic colors, but then again: on the (really nice) decal it looks fine together.

Thanks fellas. Would you believe the yellow windows are from 585 Police Headquarters - a 1975 vintage LEGO Town set? These windows truly demonstrate the quality of LEGO bricks having had them all these years. I love using these old pieces every now and then.

The first thing that comes to mind, is My Own Train. See this as a compliment, I really like these sets, that combines compatibility with "regular" 9V sets, and a realistic look. Your MOC has the same advantages.

:thumbup:

The old windows work really well here, your trains are looking better and better! :thumbup:

The shot of the overall train really works for me, are you planning on adding more cars to it?

The old windows work really well here, your trains are looking better and better! :thumbup:

The shot of the overall train really works for me, are you planning on adding more cars to it?

I think it certainly deserves more cars, at least two more. It would really be a shame to only have 2 cars behind such a grand locomotive.

This car is supurb TheBrickster, much like the rest of this Santa Fe collection. For realism perhaps it could be made slightly longer, but that's your call. I like the use of old school yellow windows. They contrast well. The only thing I might suggest is for the bogies, get rid of the 2 studs between each wheel, and put ladders on the end of them like on 10194. This is the sort of car that has these ladders, and I think they would fit with the railing rather well.

Did you ever decide to electrify this train, or are you still having trouble?

Love it - I do ! :laugh:

Oh, yeah - it's perfect, the green sides and yellow windows !

Very mid-19th century - so cool ! :grin:

Please don't stop - more cars and a caboose (at least do one of those please) !

I'm a conformist! 'The Brickster' I'm a conformist! !!! :laugh:

I really like this wagon, and I noticed the old windows imediately. It reminds me a lot of set 131, which was one of my favourites as a child.

I agree with Cpt Zuloo about the bogies, and maybe the length. I also hope you keep building more carriages for this train.

This is a great addition to what is already a beautiful Western train Brickster. The colour scheme and design lead me to believe the authenticity of the coach, bravo :thumbup:

In fact it wouldn't look out of place in Tombclone :grin: