Sign in to follow this  
fnorfurfoot

Power Function with the Holiday Train?

traintech1.jpg

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to add a power functions motor to the Holiday Train. I know that lego offered directions on how to add the 9v motor to the train but since I don't have 9v tracks, the power function motors would work better for me.

Wondering if anyone has used power functions to power the holiday train. Trying to decide if I need to buy the $11 train motor (8866) and then use the power functions battery pack or just use all powerfunctions pieces. I'd rather not spend the $50 for the rechargeable battery brick but I'm already planning on buying the pieces to motorize the emerald night train (gonna just use the AA battery pack instead of the rechargeable one). I figure that since the holiday train only runs at christmas, I can maybe just temporarily steal the power brick from either the emerald night train or the ferris wheel kit. of course the battery pack is dirt cheap so may just buy one for the train if it can be made to work. We acquired lots of lego recently because we had them on our wedding registry! :laugh: We already had lots of functional stuff since we both had homes of our own when we merged lives so we had a fun registry with Lego sets and Wii games. Thanks!

Wondering if anyone has used power functions to power the holiday train.

By some co-incidence we had someone ask a similar question recently so I've merged the topics. :sweet: