Sign in to follow this  
Vader

New threads

So over the last few days I have noticed a lot of new threads being opened that are unnecessary.

Just this morning alone their are 3 new ones that are devoted to old news, now we want new news and a thread being opened for new news is great.

But we need you guys to start looking around more before opening them, most new sets have their own thread covering them already and the last thing we need is 3 threads about the same thing.

So guys please check out the relevant threads about new sets before posting anything you feel might be new.

Perhaps instead of just locking threads you could delete them to free up server space and reduce the blockage - they'll just sink to the bottom of the list and sit there forever...

SlyOwl

Perhaps instead of just locking threads you could delete them to free up server space and reduce the blockage - they'll just sink to the bottom of the list and sit there forever...

SlyOwl

Yeah we are well aware of that, but the point here is that too many members are just rushing to make new threads without looking around first. |-/

in my opinion, i think topics that have over 15 pages should be locked. i mean i would love to see new stuff but i wont trawl through 43 pages of off topic chat, perhaps a topic for posting links to pictures of new stuff or pics themselves. and have another topic for discussion.

but thats just me :-D

steel...

Oh yeah, I meant to add but never got round to it that you might have to be, say, a Knight to create a new thread (this could apply to all forums or just the Embassy e.t.c...) - this means only longer-standing members can create threads; if Vassals and Citizens want to post a thread, they can contact an admin, saving on the unnecessary number of closed threads and meaning they can have their questions answered whilst limiting the visable threads. Just a thought. :-)

SlyOwl

Oh yeah, I meant to add but never got round to it that you might have to be, say, a Knight to create a new thread (this could apply to all forums or just the Embassy e.t.c...) - this means only longer-standing members can create threads; if Vassals and Citizens want to post a thread, they can contact an admin, saving on the unnecessary number of closed threads and meaning they can have their questions answered whilst limiting the visable threads. Just a thought. :-)

SlyOwl

Personally, I think that would put too many restrictions in place. Most people handle the responsibility fine. This was simply a request to pay more attention. :-)