Sign in to follow this  
Kalhiki

Nilkuu's Stone-Type

In order to fight the impending darkness, the Protectors of Okoto harness the powers of space and time to bring forth mighty, fighting machines to their once peaceful island.

Nilkuu claims the Stone-Type, naming him Pohatu. Pohatu is made from a strong, lightweight alloy that not only makes him fast, but also well protected against enemies and the harsh desert environment. He also wields two high-powered rifles that can fire great distances and reduce its targets to rubble.

Thanks to these abilities, when paired with Pohatu, Nilkuu can come across as somewhat of a loner and over confident in his abilities. But he's not completely invincible. His weapons require a clean line of sight, which is often impeded during the night or in dark areas.

nilkuu_s_stone_type_by_kalhiki-d993r7j.png

No shading and no highly-detailed Nilkuu because I'm laaazzzyyy!

Sandrock, is that you :v

Love the integration of the original Kakama design in the chest. Awesome concept!

You dig giant robots! I dig giant robots! We dig giant robots!

Oh man, that's a very fun (not so) little concept turning the Toa into giant mecha for the Protectors. That chest works wonderfully to pull in all the recognizable attributes of the original Kakama (which blew my mind when I realized it), and your adaptation of the set's aesthetics into more of a giant mecha style is spot on with all the little greebles and various features that callback to other famous series. Honestly, nothing but praise for this artwork, and am looking forward to seeing if/when you adapt the other Toa.

Love the integration of the original Kakama design in the chest. Awesome concept!

Ha, Pohatu Okoto's stormerangs actually reminded me somewhat of Sandrock's heat shotels. :P

On the concept, very awesome. I love me some mecha. <3

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

Despite having no knowledge about Gundam, I did draw inspiration from some of the mech designs. So you're not entirely wrong.

And I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to notice the Kakama chest motif. Not long, apparently. :P

You dig giant robots! I dig giant robots! We dig giant robots!

Oh man, that's a very fun (not so) little concept turning the Toa into giant mecha for the Protectors. That chest works wonderfully to pull in all the recognizable attributes of the original Kakama (which blew my mind when I realized it), and your adaptation of the set's aesthetics into more of a giant mecha style is spot on with all the little greebles and various features that callback to other famous series. Honestly, nothing but praise for this artwork, and am looking forward to seeing if/when you adapt the other Toa.

Haven't decided if I'll do the other Toa. Most likely, if I feel up to it. Let's just say I have some ideas. ;)

Onua or Lewa would be next if I do decide to do more...

OMG, THAT THING IS FREAKING AWESOME!! *huh*:drool:

And now I'm starting to wish there was an Exo-Force reboot based on this...

Haven't decided if I'll do the other Toa. Most likely, if I feel up to it. Let's just say I have some ideas. ;)

Onua or Lewa would be next if I do decide to do more...

What about the Skull Creatures (LOSS included)? And would they be mechas as well (but then who could pilot? :look: ) or kaiju?

OMG, THAT THING IS FREAKING AWESOME!! *huh*:drool:

And now I'm starting to wish there was an Exo-Force reboot based on this...

What about the Skull Creatures (LOSS included)? And would they be mechas as well (but then who could pilot? :look: ) or kaiju?

Thanks!

I figure the Skulls would be mechs... But I guess they'd be the Skull guys piloting Mechs that looked like themselves...? I don't know. And I have no idea about LOSS or if he even exists in this... Universe, I guess you could say. Though I did contemplate the idea that the Skull Spiders all combine into a giant massive Spider Monster.

Thanks!

I figure the Skulls would be mechs... But I guess they'd be the Skull guys piloting Mechs that looked like themselves...? I don't know. And I have no idea about LOSS or if he even exists in this... Universe, I guess you could say. Though I did contemplate the idea that the Skull Spiders all combine into a giant massive Spider Monster.

Makuta could control LoSS, then the mech is destroyed and he then controls a Kulta mech?

Makuta could control LoSS, then the mech is destroyed and he then controls a Kulta mech?

Thing is, I'd also like to somewhat follow the official story. So Makuta is still asleep/dormant.

Maybe the Skull Spiders themselves pilot the Skull Mechs... Or at least infect and control them.

Thing is, I'd also like to somewhat follow the official story. So Makuta is still asleep/dormant.

Maybe the Skull Spiders themselves pilot the Skull Mechs... Or at least infect and control them.

Or maybe Skull Warriors could pilot Slicer, Basher, Grinder mechs. But then Warrior wouldn't be a mech itself.