Sign in to follow this  
Wouwie

Sand Bar by ''Big Daddy'' Nelson

thindexedgif.gif Vig. 60a

big_daddy_sand_bar.jpg

Pic is link

''Everyone is welcome at the Sand Bar. Just bring gold to pay for your rum.''

I think ''Big Daddy'' Nelson did a great job using the new island pieces. But the roof :pir-wub: The Tiki Torches looks also very great.

I like this a lot, I see nice usage of the baseplates, the roof is absolutely awesome. I've never seen this technique before somewhere! :thumbup:

There are lots of details in the bar himself, I recognize things from the bar in our own town! :pir-wub:

A very nice creation!

For some reason it reminds me of the Offshore Krusty Burger in the Simpsons :pir-laugh:

I like the tiki torches a lot - simple and effective - and they really contribute to the overall atmosphere. It's a great MOC that captures the Caribbean essence very nicely.

I love how the guy in the crow's nest is looking at it through the telescope :pir-grin:

The island also looks like it retains some of the original Loot Island features (the jetty), so I wonder why Nelson didn't modify the raft a bit - that technic axle mast looks rather flimsy and weird, and could do with some beefing up...

But the roof :pir-wub:

Yes, it's a nice thatch technique, although I wonder as to its realism - wouldn't it just rot or get blown away? (I know I'm a culprit of this too :pir_laugh2: )

A great and charming work indeed. One Jack Rose for me, please... or no, better two or three! :pir-laugh: