puayyong

Lego DOWNGRADED Missing Part Service

I wonder if anyone has the same problem.

I went to UK and bought several sets and went back to my country few days ago. Today, my son and I will building and found that 1 of the set has a missing piece. I went to lego customer service on the website.

I have found that they have they have changed the missing part service. Now it was virtually impossible to contact LEGO. I could not drop them an email. I cannot even report that there was a missing part on the customer service site as I was not in one of the country.

The ridiculous part is that they ask me to return to the local retailer... they do expect me to fly back to UK to return a set with a missing part.

I always paid a high price in LEGO compared to other toys (as it is very expensive in Asia) as I found their post-sales service impeccable. Now... I think they are just another company that tried to save cost at the expense of the customer.

Has anyone having similar issue?

Yesterday I have used the missing part service to order new parts and everything was working fine (in The Netherlands). What steps did you take?

You go to Customer Service, Select your Age and Choose China and then the option "My new set has a missing piece". Seems to work for me. Where does it fail?

I followed the normal steps... You have to be one of the official country that LEGO has a store. If you are outside... there is no option to report a missing part... unless you fake the data... which I does not want to do so... I am not cheating LEGO a spare part (it's silly)... I just want to tell them that I paid for a set.. and it has a missing part.

I understand, but can you explain (in steps) what it is that you are doing? Which options do you select? Where does the wizard stop for you? Do you get an error message?

If you don't pick one of the seven countries... you cannot proceed. PERIOD.

And they will display a message to ask you to return to the retail shop that you purchased the set. Simple as that.

In the past, there wasn't such a problem, I can report via email the parts and my address. Now I no longer are able to do so.

You can try.. pick any country like thailand, malaysia, singapore.. any country out of the list... and you know wat I mean.

You can try.. pick any country like thailand, malaysia, singapore.. any country out of the list... and you know wat I mean.

I picked China and everything seems to work fine.

Are we talking about the same list of Countries, the countries you are referring to are not in my list?!

My country is alo one of those that have been thrown out of this option.

I've checked with retailer and i have received the following instructions - "If a part is missing/damaged the set is to be returned to the place whereit has been bought and the set - the complete set - will be replaced with a new one".

I can understand the process if you buy something from the retailer you know, but i'm not sure what will happen if you buy something online or at the shopping center - will they accept the faulty set or just tell you "go and look for the piece at your home"...

I can undrstang LEGO's position (if i put LEGO employee/manager hat on) but with my local LEGO buyer hat it's something i can't understand at all.

Punch it in as the country you purchased it in. Not your country of residence. That should get you into the system and let you leave any needed notes etc.

I faced a similar problem. Previously Lego shipped missing parts to South Africa when I contacted them, now South Africa has been removed from the list. I was given as a gift one of the Shell Lego promotion packs which had two pieces missing and was not in a postion to return it to the petrol station. I could not even email Lego as the drop down menu would not let me unless I chose one of the countries on the list. I eventually chose UK and explained in my email the problem. Lego, to my great surprise, responded and said they would post the missing pieces to me in South Africa. While I applaud the customer service I find this change in policy upsetting as it makes me question my further purchases based on whether a missing piece would detract from the set or not. When I bought the Grand Emporium it was missing an entire bag of parts, which Lego posted to me without query, now if a similar situation arises I can just imagine the lack of customer service I will receive from the store I bought it from. I seriously think Lego needs to reconsider this change in policy considering the sheer volume of sets it sells around the world.

Punch it in as the country you purchased it in. Not your country of residence. That should get you into the system and let you leave any needed notes etc.

but when you do that it prompts you for a valid address and postcode to progress further.

but when you do that it prompts you for a valid address and postcode to progress further.
At least now I can tell what "third world" means - if your contry is not on LEGO Customer Service list, then it's not as developed as one thinks it is... Sad joke, btw