Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #152: Wine and Di(n)e

exterior_traveler.png

The sun has barely set as the chosen Heroes enter the Traveler's Tavern, or at least that's what they guessed from the handwriting on the questboard. The place, from the outside looked relatively clean...

traveler_interior.png

... The inside was clean as well, although the patrons seemed to be less than noble. A very loud, very fat man was standing on a table drinking some alcoholic liquid. It certainly was... something... the smell though did not give away what it was, except that it was most foul. A few other men were having a pleasant conversation about their favorite knots used to drag animals with. The pretty, quiet barmaid was running around filling up everyone's drinks. And then, off in the corner by himself was the man who put out the notice Simon. He was sitting all alone with a bottle to himself.

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)
*Party Leader*

Human Male Paragon

Level 55.6
*Blessed, Immune: Fragile, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +10 and SP -1, Cursed, Fragile, Dark, Light, Ice*

Power Bonus
: 7 (+2 Grand Zoot's Cookie, +5 Paragon), +3 WP

Defense
: 58

Health
: 118/118 (+10 Knight, +25 Paragon, +55 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +15 Raw Meats, +10 Helm of Prestige, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold
: 198

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Deals Darkness, Light, Ice, Cursed, Fragile, permanently Poisoned-by-10, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only [Hydra Tongue, Crimson Haze, Amethyst, Diamond, Ethereal Opal]),
Mythril Buckler
(SP:41, Amethyst, Mythril),
Sven's Heavy Armor
(SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1, footwear),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience, accessory),
Bone Claws
(+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Balanced Main-Gauce
(WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders),
Blade of Tranquility
(WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),
Heavy Armo
r (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory),
Coat Hanger
(Allows for a second body wear, Accessory),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.),
Iceborn's Improved Summoning Amulet
(Can be used once per quest to revive a fallen enemy to join the party. The enemy has a level equal to their previous level, and health equal to the half the health of the hero reviving them. Their class can be determined by the QM, and they cannot be revived by Phoenix Essences. Accessory)

Gems
- Ruby (Fire), Etherial Sapphire (Sealed+Wind), Emerald (Wood), Etherial Aquamarine (Confusion+Water), Topaz (Lightning), Etherial Garnet (Slowed+Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned), Opal

Scrolls
- Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools
-
Guffington's Seal
(Proves the Hero is a Friend of Guffington. The hero starts every quest with one "Hero's Cocktail": encouraged, hastened, lucky and inspired), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 3x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 4x Remedy, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Crimson Haze (Causes a weapon to deal the poisoned by 7 and cursed effects permanently)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

ava-quintessa.jpgava-quintessa1.jpg

Quintessa of Heartland
(played by Sandy as a second character)

67 years old human female Barbarian

Level 6
*Immune to fragile*

Power:
(6+3+1)

Defense:

Health:
15/15
(8+5+2)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rolling Pin (WP:5, causes bleeding by 3; club), Heavy Armour (SP:5, protects from fragile, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators and vindicators; bodywear.)

Inventory:

Artifacts:
Sylvania's Cowl (grants
Animal Talk
job trait, headwear), Pirate’s Patch (protects from blinded; headwear), High Heels (Power +1; suitable for women; footwear)

Consumables:
5x Grand Potion, Potion, 4x Remedy, First Aid Kit (restores full health and removes negative effects from the entire party), Phoenix Essence, 2x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, 2x Smoke Bomb, Perfume (Can be used on an enemy to make it enamored with its applier), Candycane of Doom (Causes the target to become doomed when used; breaks after 5 uses)

Tools etc.:
Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Bedroll

ava-heckz3.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
, the Ghostbuster, the Super Sleuth and the School Inspector (Cutcobra)

32 year old male human Sorcerer

Level 28 1/3
Jinxed
Spells at Double Cost* *
Darkness
Spells Cause
Weakened

Power:
(28+12)
(
Spellpower:
(28+12+10)
)

Defense:

Health:
35/35
(5+27+4)

Ether:
44/44
(5+27+1+5+1+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Solemn Dagger (WP: 12,
darkness
-elemental dagger, 1/2 chance of causing sealed), Magician's Gloves (Spellpower +10; suitable for mages; handwear), Cloak of Blood Magic (+5 ether, attacks made with darkness magic cause weakened; suitable for mages, necromancers and chi monks; bodywear), Bad Luck Charm (Makes the sorcerer’s spells - including Razzmatazz and Sleight of Hand - cause an additional jinxed-effect, increasing their ether cost by 1; suitable for sorcerers; accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25, makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round, broomstick), Rawr (WP:9, dagger), Bone Whip (WP:9, damages undead, whip),
Assassin’s Crossbow (WP:4, each successful assassination increases WP by one permanently; suitable to assassins; crossbow)

Artifacts:
Harlot's Outfit (SP: 2, immune to poisoned; suitable for Witches, Sorcerers and Harlots; bodywear/footwear),
False Lips (Rolling Pleasure House and KISS AND MAKE UP causes poisoned by 5 in addition to other effects, suitable for harlots only, accessory.), Venomari Helmet (SP:2, absorb poison as health; helmet),
Buffoon's Hat (Prevents anyone from taking the wearer seriously; protects from Free Hits unless the wearer is the last hero standing; headwear), Watt's Artifact (Makes the user’s attacks and spells three times more effective against demons; accessory), Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, immune to sealed; bodywear)

Spell Items:
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Aquamarine (
Water
)

Consumables:
3x Remedy, 3x Mead, 2x Nostrum, 4x Smelling Salt, 2x Tonic, 2x Phoenix Essence,
Danab's Apple (Revives all fallen party members, restores full health and ether to the whole party and removes all negative effects from them; consumable),
Soma, Poison Bomb, Seal Bomb, Smoke Bomb, 2x Deadly Venom, 7 Bones

Tools, etc:
Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Magnifying Glass, Telescope, Magic Compass, Blue Jelly, "Fifty Shades of Bley" (Grants access to Harlot), "Begone With the Winds" (Grants access to Weather Mage),
Black Market Insignia (Allows the owner to seek out a black market dealer from any city they visit on a quest, as decided by the QM.), Vindicator's Seal (Grants access to the Vindicator expert job class; cannot be given away)

19629865404_3247848494_s.jpg

Torald Waruelf
(Alfadas)

20 year old male human Barbarian

Level 11.5

Power Bonus: 7

Defense: 3

Health: 20/20

Gold: 256

Equipment
:
Sludge Glaive
(
WP:8
, pierces defense and causes either
fragile
or
weakened
; halberd), Tricorne (
SP:3
, headwear; suitable to anyone). Fighting Boots (
Power +5 on the front row
; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators, vindicators and winged warriors; footwear.)

Inventory
: ,
Old and Rusty Greatsword
(
WP: 3
), 4 Potions, 7 Mead , Phoenix essence, Tiger Balm, , 2 Venom,
Crocodile Belt
(
Max. Health +2
; accessory.), Fire Bomb,
Spark Hammer
(
WP: 8
Lightning
&
Wood
elemental Hammer.
Double WP against flying and mechanical
),
Shovel, Pickaxe

P;ease check your stats and inventory. Thanks for signing up and have fun!

Edited by KotZ

Looks good. Thanks for choosing Hoke.

Hoke takes a look around and spots Simon sitting by himself.

"Hoke Ablesword," he says as he extends his hand,"We're here about the posting in Heroica Hall."

OOC: Just made a trade with Sorrow and updated my stats.

Before entering the Inn, Heckz breathes in the rotten, filthy air of Eubric. He kinda missed the salty sea breezes of Salmanda, but now he was stuck here.

He knows that he won't be able to tolerate even the smallest fly with the gigantic headache he is having, so he immediately consumes a Remedy just for the sake of curing it.

He enters the inn and sits down on the table, not caring about the other heroes.

"Look, boo, I'll make this quick. Where I come from, if you want to get a girl, you have to clean yourself up a bit. Or kidnap her. Both options work."

He quickly takes a sip of the man's wine without asking and promptly spits it out.

"Disgusting. Anyways, cut your hair, buy new clothes and don't drink this fat juice you call 'wine'. So, where's my mead and my title?"

Edited by Cutcobra

As soon as Quintessa saw her quest mates, it was obvious she was the least experienced of the bunch. She however did not let that bother her, but sailed forward to the table that was most likely occupied by their employer along with the others.

"Greetings, gentlemen! Excuse Us, but may We sit down?"

He enters the inn and sits down on the table, not caring about the other heroes.

"Look, boo, I'll make this quick. Where I come from, if you want to get a girl, you have to clean yourself up a bit. Or kidnap her. Both options work."

He quickly takes a sip of the man's wine without asking and promptly spits it out.

"Disgusting. Anyways, cut your hair, buy new clothes and don't drink this fat juice you call 'wine'. So, where's my mead and my title?"

"Ah, if only things were that simple with women, young man. You obviously have much to learn", the Queen Mother mused, with a wry smile on her face.

Hi there, mind if I join you for a drink?

"Hoke Ablesword," he says as he extends his hand,"We're here about the posting in Heroica Hall."

simon.png

"Go... go ahead," Simon replies as he wearily raises his head and shakes Hoke's extended hand. "If you *hiccup* were anyone else... aside from her... I'd tell you to sod off. Drink?" He waves over the barmaid. "Wine. More of it. Lots."

lysa.png

"Hmm, alright, Simon," she replies.

"Greetings, gentlemen! Excuse Us, but may We sit down?"

"Ah, if only things were that simple with women, young man. You obviously have much to learn", the Queen Mother mused, with a wry smile on her face.

simon.png

"Kidnap her?!?!" Simon exclaims. "Oh she'll really hate me then. I can't... I can't kidnap her. That would be bad." He looks at the Queen Mother. "Ok... so what do you suggest?"

simon.png

"Kidnap her?!?!" Simon exclaims. "Oh she'll really hate me then. I can't... I can't kidnap her. That would be bad." He looks at the Queen Mother. "Ok... so what do you suggest?"

"To stop drinking first," Hoke says as he waves off the barkeep and slides the bottle out of Simon's reach,"If you want us to do a job, we need to know what it is."

Heckz turns around with the biggest urge to denigrate whoever said that. Unfortunately, there was nothing to be criticized about this woman.

Those clothes, that hair, the color of the lipstick... not bad.

He smirks.

"Why, please, teach both me and this lowlif- I mean, generous quest giver, how it's done. Not that I'd learn anything I don't know, but he clearly needs it."

"To stop drinking first," Hoke says as he waves off the barkeep and slides the bottle out of Simon's reach,"If you want us to do a job, we need to know what it is."

"Thanks, Sir Obvious, but I already told him he needed to stop drinking."

He says dryly.

"I actually told him all he needs to do. Don't see how he's still holding out on the reward, but that's his problem."

He looks at the Queen Mother. "Ok... so what do you suggest?"

He smirks.

"Why, please, teach both me and this lowlif- I mean, generous quest giver, how it's done. Not that I'd learn anything I don't know, but he clearly needs it."

Quintessa let out a little sigh that let the men know she was being patient with them.

"First of all, We would have to know what kind of a girl this girl of yours is. You can't use the same trick on every woman, after all. We are not that easy." Quintessa glanced at Heckz markingly.

Heckz turns around with the biggest urge to denigrate whoever said that. Unfortunately, there was nothing to be criticized about this woman.

Those clothes, that hair, the color of the lipstick... not bad.

He smirks.

Some girls like muscles more then a pretty face, Torald says with a smile, flexing his muscles. But in all seriousness, we have a job to do here. So, Simon, go ahead and tell us all about your girl.

Edited by Alfadas

Hoke looked at this individual questmates as the made their remarks. He couldn't help but hang his head and shake it side-to-side slowly.

This was going to be a long quest.

Simon clumsily tries to reach the bottle but fails.

Quintessa let out a little sigh that let the men know she was being patient with them.

"First of all, We would have to know what kind of a girl this girl of yours is. You can't use the same trick on every woman, after all. We are not that easy." Quintessa glanced at Heckz markingly.

Some girls like muscles more then a pretty face, Torald says with a smile, flexing his muscles. But in all seriousness, we have a job to do here. So, Simon, go ahead and tell us all about your girl.

simon.png

"Well, Rebecca said she liked strong men, people who could handle their liquor and pious men." He starts to look away and his eyes light up as he talks about her. "She's so pretty. She's the daughter of a tailor, you know."

Some girls like muscles more then a pretty face, Torald says with a smile, flexing his muscles.

Heckz genuinely laughs.

"You.. you mean- *short laugh*... are you implying tha- *short laugh once again*... that they like YOU?!"

Heckz bursts into laughter once again.

Hoke looked at this individual questmates as the made their remarks. He couldn't help but hang his head and shake it side-to-side slowly.

This was going to be a long quest.

Well, this one's quiet. Thought he was going to be a thorn up my big behind for the rest of this quest. Guess I was wrong.

simon.png

"Well, Rebecca said she liked strong men, people who could handle their liquor and pious men." He starts to look away and his eyes light up as he talks about her. "She's so pretty. She's the daughter of a tailor, you know."

"Well, here's my solution: You buy water and act as if it's the strongest booze in all of Olegaia. Then, you buy some white robes and tell her you made them yourself. After that, you bribe the High Priestess of Ennoc to tell her that you are one of god's chosen. Problem solved! Now, where are my rewards?"

Heckz patiently awaits the loot.

Edited by Cutcobra

Heckz genuinely laughs.

"You.. you mean- *short laugh*... are you implying tha- *short laugh once again*... that they like YOU?!"

Heckz bursts into laughter once again.

Not all of them, but yeah, some girls like a strong guy. But let's not make fun of each other any further, we are here to help this guy out with his girlfriend. I hate to say it, but I do kinda agree with Heckz, but the bribing part might be a bit too much. Pretending water to be a proper source of alcohol might be a decent solution. But where is she now? At home? If so, why not go to her, nicely cleaned up, and say to her you want to marry her. That should do the trick.

Hoke takes a step back from the table, cross his arms over his chest, and just barely manages to hide a look of contempt off his face.

Now would have been a good time to have Torc.

He sighs, uncrosses his arms, and makes his way to the bar to address the barmaid behind it.

"Sure Simon has poured his heart out in your hearing over his drink. Is there anything you can tell me about Simon, this girl and the situation we are currently in?"

"Well, here's my solution: You buy water and act as if it's the strongest booze in all of Olegaia. Then, you buy some white robes and tell her you made them yourself. After that, you bribe the High Priestess of Ennoc to tell her that you are one of god's chosen. Problem solved! Now, where are my rewards?"

simon.png

"But that doesn't solve my strength problem..." he replies forlornly.

Not all of them, but yeah, some girls like a strong guy. But let's not make fun of each other any further, we are here to help this guy out with his girlfriend. I hate to say it, but I do kinda agree with Heckz, but the bribing part might be a bit too much. Pretending water to be a proper source of alcohol might be a decent solution. But where is she now? At home? If so, why not go to her, nicely cleaned up, and say to her you want to marry her. That should do the trick.

"I think she's at her place. And I already asked her. But she may not have heard me. I said it during a loud thunderstorm."

"Sure Simon has poured his heart out in your hearing over his drink. Is there anything you can tell me about Simon, this girl and the situation we are currently in?"

lysa.png

"He's a quiet, sweet boy. I think he's kind of adorable, in a way," Lysa the barmaid says, her eyes seeming to light up at the mention of Simon. "He's told me what he's told you, that Rebecca wants a strong, pious man who can apparently drink the weight of an ogre. I think he has better options than this Rebecca girl-" she stops her self short. "But I think if Simon wants Rebecca, he should take up tasks to prove his mettle."

lysa.png

"He's a quiet, sweet boy. I think he's kind of adorable, in a way," Lysa the barmaid says, her eyes seeming to light up at the mention of Simon. "He's told me what he's told you, that Rebecca wants a strong, pious man who can apparently drink the weight of an ogre. I think he has better options than this Rebecca girl-" she stops her self short. "But I think if Simon wants Rebecca, he should take up tasks to prove his mettle."

"Would you happen to have a questboard here similar to the one in Heroica Hall or do you know of any of the tasks?"

simon.png

"I think she's at her place. And I already asked her. But she may not have heard me. I said it during a loud thunderstorm."

Well, that's a start. But you have to say it to her, when she can hear you (obviously). So, your choice, you march over to her house and confess your love once again, or I'll drag you there.

"Would you happen to have a questboard here similar to the one in Heroica Hall or do you know of any of the tasks?"

Lysa opens her mouth but is cut off when...

ivan.png

The shirtless, drunk man comes up to Hoke and places an arm around his shoulder. "I may have been rude to barge in, but I hear your boy has a *hiccup* problem. I don't know much about religion but I know a whole lot about drinking. You want your boy to handle his liquor, then beat me in a drinking game." He sticks his hand out, but quickly moves to his left to shake when he realizes his right hand still has the bottle. "Ivan is the name."

Lysa opens her mouth but is cut off when...

ivan.png

The shirtless, drunk man comes up to Hoke and places an arm around his shoulder. "I may have been rude to barge in, but I hear your boy has a *hiccup* problem. I don't know much about religion but I know a whole lot about drinking. You want your boy to handle his liquor, then beat me in a drinking game." He sticks his hand out, but quickly moves to his left to shake when he realizes his right hand still has the bottle. "Ivan is the name."

Hey man, look at him. He can't hold his liquor, you know that. I could, so what if I beat you and say he did it?

"Yes, the shirtless man who thinks he's the hottest shit in the inn can beat you at it. I'm certainely not drinking any of this piss you people call 'wine'."

He turns to his 'fellow' heroes.

"Perhaps we should look for a religious man to give him another 'task' so that he can 'prove' his 'mettle'. Do you 'get' me?"

Hey man, look at him. He can't hold his liquor, you know that. I could, so what if I beat you and say he did it?

ivan.png

"Hmm, I could agree to that." Ivan lets out a deep belly laugh. "But all of you have to partake. And I promise, if one of you beats me, Simon will be named a true man to hold his liquor. I'll swear that I was here, drank mead, and it flowed down my moustache but didn't get into my mouth."

"Yes, the shirtless man who thinks he's the hottest shit in the inn can beat you at it. I'm certainely not drinking any of this piss you people call 'wine'."

ivan.png

"Wine?!" Ivan repeats. "We will not be drinking wine. We will drink my own concotion: Vomead. It's a mixture of vodka and mead. And remember, Simon needs to complete thre tasks."

Edited by KotZ

Hoke pinches the man's hand that he put around Hoke's shoulder with his forefinger and thumb and deliberately and slowly removed it from there and takes a step back to separate.

"What is your game?"

ivan.png

"Hmm, I could agree to that." Ivan lets out a deep belly laugh. "But all of you have to partake. And I promise, if one of you beats me, Simon will be named a true man to hold his liquor. I'll swear that I was here, drank mead, and it flowed down my moustache but didn't get into my mouth."

"Is it really necessary that all of us participate? I don't see the logic behind this."

"Then again, I don't see the logic behind us not getting our quest reward already."

"Is it really necessary that all of us participate? I don't see the logic behind this."

"Then again, I don't see the logic behind us not getting our quest reward already."

Afraid you are gonna loose?