Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World (West)

The team of three heroes follow Daneeka down to the docks.

The Party

19915137201_c8843378f1_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)
Dancing
Dualstriking
*Immune to all
E
l
e
m
e
n
t
s
Weakened
Fragile
Asleep
Confused
Slowed
Afraid
Blinded
and
first negative effect
.*

45 year old male human Marauder

Level:

Power Bonus:

Health:
63/
63 (+1 bonus)

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Balanced Rapier
(WP: 20, ignores defense, second weapon ignores defense, Longsword, suitable for Marauders) &
Mythril Edge
(WP: 64,
Ice
Darkness
Light
, attacks restore 3 health, dagger),
Dancing Shoes
(Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice. +Immunity to
Asleep
Confused
Fragile,
Slowed,
Afraid,
Weakened
and
Blinded
, + Immunity to
Darkness
Light
Fire
Air
Earth
Wood
Lightning
, and
Ice
Elemental Damage, footwear),
Crocodile Armour
(+4 Defense +Immunity to
Water
Magic, bodywear),
Pugilist's Gloves
(2+ Power, Immune to
Weakened
, handwear)
Grimmeau's Clothespin
(Grants Immunity to first negative effect each battle. Headwear)

Inventory:

• Pronged Gauntlet (WP:6, dagger), M.U.C.A (WP: 12, bleeding 3, Axe)
Giant Axe (WP:10, dual-strike, axe),

• Jester's Hat (Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy, suitable for anyone), Rubber Gloves, Blessed Amulet
(Immunity to
Cursed
, accessory),
Bomber's Belt (Craft Bomb creates Potent bombs, doubling the damage output of all bombs created, does not stack, accessory, suitable for cannoneers), Magnar's Smaller Axe
(Grants Dual Strike to classes wielding axes, can't wear shield. handwear),
Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear)

• Beholder's Eye, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Decamodifier, Magic Compass

92x Potion
16x Grand Potion, 3x Health Core, 3x Diluted Arc Potion, 2x Arc Potion, 3x Elixir, 12x Phoenix Essence, 28x Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, Crimson Serum (Grants
Mutated
Effect for one battle.), x2 Arc Elixir, Hyper Arc Tonic (Restores All ether to allies, consumable), 2x Ambrosia, 19x
Mead
, 14x
Smelling Salts
, 11x
Nostrum
, x4
Bad Breath, 2x Wyvern's Breath, 2x Tonic, Grand Tonic, 2x Purging Water, 3x Smile of the Gods, 3x Fortune Flush,
5x Venom, 3
x Bone,
Soma, S
ilver Ore (worth 60 gold), x2
Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.),
Ether Core, Last Resort, 2x Bravado Brew, Cloud of Celerity

6x Smoke Bomb,
Neptune Bomb
, Dirt Bomb, 2x Water Bomb,
Blind Bomb, 2x Confuse Bomb, 2x Poison Bomb, 2x Seal Bomb, Sleep Bomb, 5x Mystic Bomb,
Electro Bomb (Deals 30 lightning-elemental damage and the stunned-effect to all enemies), Sand Bomb (Deals 30 earth-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all enemies), Baffle Bomb

Topaz
Amethyst
Sapphire
Crystal Ball (Worth 200 gold, 400 in magic shops), Gold Ring
(Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver)

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

Human male, Assassin *Immune to All Elements and Blinded* *Permanently Lucky*

Level 31

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 6

Health: 43/43

Gold: 3

Equipment: Crossbow of Incessant Warmongerers (WP: 26; Darkness-elemental, on non-AoE rolls, also deals Damage to the enemies above and below the target upon a successful hit; Crossbow), Lucky Die (User is permanently *Lucky*; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Night's Helmet (SP: 6; immune to Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness, and Blinded; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Sticky Gloves (increases amount of Gold stolen by 50%; suitable for Rogues and Beast Warriors; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27; Ice-elemental; Longbow), Requiem (WP: 20; Wood- and Light-elemental; Longbow), Tarok's Wrath (WP: 20, 1/2; chance to Instantly Kill orcs; Dagger), Double Chain Whip (WP: 10; Whip), Throwing Knife (WP: 4; Throwing Weapon), Pongcanis Dagger (WP: 8; Dagger),, Double-Barreled Handcannon (WP: 15, fire-elemental, dual-strike, hand cannon), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable throwing weapon, causes
Jinxed
-effect), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon),

• Winged Sandals (immune to Bound and Slowed; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Ambrose's Heart (Artifact, suitable to Evokers, Accessory, +5 power), Sigil of the Cold Circle - (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear),

• Diamond, 3 Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magic Compass

• Potions (3), Grand Potions (6), Tonic, Remedies (2), Banana (restores full HP to target), Elixir (2), Cosmic Essence, Meads (2), Nostrum, Mulled Wine (2), Soma, Venom (2), Smelling Salts, Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the Poisoned by 7 and Cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Mythril Shards (4/4 Mythril), Military Grade Light Bomb, Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Diamond Lamp of Summoning (1/3 uses left), Bones (3), Skeleton Decoy, Demon Repellent (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle unless the user is the only hero left standing; consumable), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle)

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (StickFig)

Level 24⅔ Druid
*Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *⅙ chance of
Encouraged
at the start of any battle*

Power Bonus
: 10

Defense
: 4

Health
: 34/34

Ether
: 24/24

Gold:

Equipment
: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:9, also hits enemies listed above and below the target,
Darkness
- and
Lightning
-elemental, user is
Slowed
, hand cannon), Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a ⅙ chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle, headwear), Hunter's Plate (SP:4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (Protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects, footwear)

Inventory
: Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8, crossbow), Ruby (
Fire
), 5x Bone, Deadly Venomn, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Mead, Nostrum, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 4x Remedy, 5x Tonic, Venom, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage, bomb), 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear, suitable for anyone)

IMG_2392_zpsej2fsftz.jpg

15317995805_ddb34be677_t.jpg

"These are your blokes?" asks the captain. He offers a hand. "Names Captain Pierce Lane. I've been put in charge of shipping you lot up to the High Kingdoms. Isn't my favorite sort of cargo, but it isn't the worst either, and I'm damn happy to be on the sea again. So, whats the names?"

The dog eyes the heroes beadily.

OoC: Make sure your stats carried over correctly.

"We're not your favorite cargo? And we don't even have to be carried aboard. Guts Holla's the name. Captain Guts Holla, if you'd like."

Lane smirks.

"As far as keeping a ship intact you're not always the best news. I was on shore leave for a while because of some of your friends... only reason I'm back on the sea now is that the big wigs at Fort Bonaparte are scrambling. Seems a big name captain went MIA, so it's all hands on deck at this point. Literally." He scratches his cheek. "Good to meet you, Captain. Will be nice to have another sea-farer aboard."

He just disappeared? Well I'm sure wherever he went justice was carried out.

Dyric Rone, by and by.

"Good to meet the both of you. His name was Melville," Lane explains idly to Matthias, "and truth be honest I always thought he was sort of a bastard. Had me and a group of heroes track down a sea beast last fall and in the end barely even mentioned me in his report."

DSCN0145.jpg

"Roof! Roof!" <And his seagull was a tad rude for my taste.>

"Well then, time to head out!"

The heroes follow Lane down a dock and on board a ship. The only other living being on board is a strange silver frog, who stands near the dog. Lane eyes the frog distrustfully but doesn't say anything about it.

"If you'll cast us off, Master Guts. Like I said, we're a bit short handed at the moment, so you and I may end up doing most of the actual sailing seeing as I don't so much have a crew."

IMG_2400_zpsewboeuco.jpg

"What's this about a missing captain?"

Guts smiles at Matthias. "I heard he was an Admiral. The sea's a dangerous place."

"If you'll cast us off, Master Guts. Like I said, we're a bit short handed at the moment, so you and I may end up doing most of the actual sailing seeing as I don't so much have a crew."

The Marauder raises an eyebrow, surely Guffington would have been able to afford a proper ship, including a crew. Then again, who in their right minds would sail to Baltarok and the Nord infested waters?

"Aye aye, Captain."

Matthias wonders again about the lack of proper crew, but does his best to push his misgivings to the back of his mind. "I feel like most seagulls are," he remarks to the dog. "What's your name?"

DSCN0145.jpg

<I am Sir Barkley Barkington!> exclaims the dog.

Pylon.jpg

<And he has been perfectly reformed,> says the frog stoically.

DSCN0145.jpg

<Yes, thank you, Pylon. I was getting to that. Allow me some dignity.>

Pylon.jpg

<It is important we do not forget our past.>

Lane watches Matthias suspiciously as he talks to the animals.

Guts sets about the task given to him by the captain, while he's doing it, he adresses Daneeka.

"How's your research going, Doc? Anything related to the artifacts we are finding?"

"I am called Matthias; it is a pleasure to meet you," the gnome says to Barkington, ignoring the sailor's funny look. Addressing the frog, he adds, "And a pleasure to meet you as well, I'm sure, though I didn't catch your name? And what did you mean, perfectly reformed?"

The gnome's ears perk up at the word artifacts - any gnome's would - and Matthias finds himself trying to listen in to two interesting subjects at once, plus still wondering about the Bonaparte admiral.

Edited by StickFig

97044e91-b3a8-4b3b-95c7-412bd3ca9efe_zps626f4568.jpg

"Have you ever known me to go into a situation under prepared." Daneeka's eyes twinkle. "The second item we will be acquiring is a drop of water from the Fountain of Youth. It has been very hard to find any research on it, as the map leading to it has been last for many years. If you read ancient enough tomes, though... it is said that those who drink of the fountain are granted lives much longer than would possibly be imagined, and granted them great immunity to physical abuse. Most tomes, however, warn that it does not in fact grant the eternal life it has become associated with in modern tales. Those who drink from it can, in many exceptional circumstances, still die. It is also alluded to in some of the most ancient texts I've perused that many many years ago, before many races who walk Olegaia had even been conceived, every mortal drank from the Fountain. That practice has obviously been discontinued. To collect that, I have brought..." Daneeka holds up a vial. "A small vial."

"Our more immediate artifact has less history but allowed me more capacity for ingenuity. The Anvil of Oleg, from which it is said he formed all temporal things. This is, clearly, in my estimation, a myth, though it does seem to have great power of creation. It is also quite heavy." Daneeka produces two metallic gloves. "These are Doc Daneeka's Super Strong Arms, DDSSA for short. I believe they will allow us to lift the Anvil, but I wouldn't say no to a trial run. Perhaps you or one of your companions would like to try them?"

DDSSA (Handwear, +2 Health, +2 WP, +10 Power)

Pylon.jpg

"I am High Priest Pylon of the Frog Paladin Order. As for completely reformed-"

DSCN0145.jpg

"I shall tell him. I was at one point in my life rather a vagabond... after a bad run of owners... one of which is one this ship." Barkley glares at Daneeka. "But I was brought to justice by Russel Ruffers and his Sir Pigley, and brought to the Frog Paladins for judgment. Pylon spared me, and allowed me a new life with the Bonapartes. Captain Lane is the most noble and kindest owner I have ever known."

"Have you ever known me to go into a situation under prepared." Daneeka's eyes twinkle. "The second item we will be acquiring is a drop of water from the Fountain of Youth. It has been very hard to find any research on it, as the map leading to it has been last for many years. If you read ancient enough tomes, though... it is said that those who drink of the fountain are granted lives much longer than would possibly be imagined, and granted them great immunity to physical abuse. Most tomes, however, warn that it does not in fact grant the eternal life it has become associated with in modern tales. Those who drink from it can, in many exceptional circumstances, still die. It is also alluded to in some of the most ancient texts I've perused that many many years ago, before many races who walk Olegaia had even been conceived, every mortal drank from the Fountain. That practice has obviously been discontinued. To collect that, I have brought..." Daneeka holds up a vial. "A small vial."

"Wouldn't a vat be more suitable?" Guts worried at the implication of finding the mythical fountain of youth, perhaps he should tell the other heroes what Guffington told them in secret.

"Our more immediate artifact has less history but allowed me more capacity for ingenuity. The Anvil of Oleg, from which it is said he formed all temporal things. This is, clearly, in my estimation, a myth, though it does seem to have great power of creation. It is also quite heavy." Daneeka produces two metallic gloves. "These are Doc Daneeka's Super Strong Arms, DDSSA for short. I believe they will allow us to lift the Anvil, but I wouldn't say no to a trial run. Perhaps you or one of your companions would like to try them?"

"Matthias for the gloves, perhaps?" Guts suggested. "So where are these things located, and why exactly do we want them?"

"A vat? No. We only wish to bring them as offerings. All these were once relics of Etheria itself, near the dawn of time - it is said that is where the soul was born. But that too is surely just a myth."

"The Anvil is near Duplovia, in the ruins the giants once lived in. The Fountain of Youth is rumored to be somewhere in Baltarok, but as I said, it's exact location is difficult to pin point. We will try our best. There are old maps - we will simply have to acquire one."

"I am High Priest Pylon of the Frog Paladin Order. As for completely reformed-"

"I shall tell him. I was at one point in my life rather a vagabond... after a bad run of owners... one of which is one this ship." Barkley glares at Daneeka. "But I was brought to justice by Russel Ruffers and his Sir Pigley, and brought to the Frog Paladins for judgment. Pylon spared me, and allowed me a new life with the Bonapartes. Captain Lane is the most noble and kindest owner I have ever known."

"Master Russell and Sir Pigley?!" Matthias exclaims, clearly delighted. "I know them well! I am honored to make your acquaintance, High Priest, and yours as well, Sir Barkley. And I am glad to hear you speak well of this ship's master; I had an encounter with some sailors less ...worthy on my first Quest and the experience has made me wary."

"The Anvil of Oleg, from which it is said he formed all temporal things. This is, clearly, in my estimation, a myth, though it does seem to have great power of creation.... These are Doc Daneeka's Super Strong Arms, DDSSA for short. I believe they will allow us to lift the Anvil, but I wouldn't say no to a trial run. Perhaps you or one of your companions would like to try them?"

DDSSA (Handwear, +2 Health, +2 WP, +10 Power)

"Wouldn't a vat be more suitable?" Guts worried at the implication of finding the mythical fountain of youth.... "Matthias for the gloves, perhaps?" Guts suggested. "So where are these things located, and why exactly do we want them?"

Compelled by intense interest into the other conversation once again, Matthias' joy at meeting friends of Ruffers and Pigley only grows as Daneeka speaks of Orrik's Anvil and unveils the DDSSA, and reaches untold heights when Guts suggests the gnome carry it. "It would be an honor," he says, stepping towards the contraption, but then remembers his manners, "if you would permit, Doctor. And I would not dismiss the story of Orrik's Smithy; why, his workings are the root of all wonders wrought in life and metal - including your device! I should very much like to try it," he adds, his frantic excitement impossible to misunderstand.

"I know you are a stoic loner, Guts, but sometimes when you meet new friends you bring them a gift. It is like a bottle of wine." A grating tittering sound issues forth from Daneeka's breathing apparatus - something Guts has come to recognize over the years as the Doc's laugh. "They are gifts to the people there. And, I will not lie, I am interested to see what we can do with them once we have them all in the place they originated from."

Pylon.jpg

"It is good to know we have friends of Russel and Pigley aboard," says Pylon before Matthias excuses himself.

"I don't doubt that the Anvil has great power. But I do not put too much credence in myth. I find anything lacking first person sources diluted." Doc Daneeka hands the gnome the DDSSAs. "You may give them a try. Tell me what you think."

OoC: We'll move on shortly, just hoping to allow Legonator to get in a few words edgewise.

"A gift, sure, but these artifacts are more than a box of sweets and a bottle of brandy... Is there anything to do on this boat? What's she called anyways, I did not think to look."

"Giants? Shouldn't be a problem with these arms," Matthias says, attempting to fit into the DDSA and apparently missing the fact that just because everyone seems giant to him doesn't mean that there aren't even bigger beings in Olegaia....

I wouldn't be so cocky. Have you seen the giants of Duplovia? I have, once. It is not an event I would like to repeat.

Even so, there are other dangers that could be in the ruins. Trolls and norghs and other foul creatures. I don't know what we will find, but I wouldn't rush in too quickly.

The giant ruins can be awfully dangerous. You have a plan for getting through?

"My plan was to bring heroes."

"A gift, sure, but these artifacts are more than a box of sweets and a bottle of brandy... Is there anything to do on this boat? What's she called anyways, I did not think to look."

"She's called the Hydra. There are cards below deck. A little bit of booze too."

The heroes retire below deck, and things are pretty smooth sailing for a few days. Guts and Lane handle most of the actual work while the others wile away the time doing this and that, swapping stories, playing some card games.

The heroes are asleep in their bunks one night when they hear Lane's panicked cry.

"Heroes!"

They rush up to the deck.

IMG_2403_zpsjd2haiyb.jpg

Daneeka has strange thick blood pooling under him, and Barkley growls fiercely at the intruders. Another ship is pulled up alongside The Hydra, with more pirates ready to jump aboard, mostly norms by the looks of things.

"Get off my ship!"

Matthias not Encouraged (and I believe you have to remove one artifact to wear the DDSSA, so please pick one, but it won't count as a turn)

OoC: Sorry for not getting images of the two personally made combatants. Rain for the last few days… but tomorrow looks to be bright and sunny, so we should be ready to rock.

The Party

19915137201_c8843378f1_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)
Dancing
Dualstriking
*Immune to all
E
l
e
m
e
n
t
s
Weakened
Fragile
Asleep
Confused
Slowed
Afraid
Blinded
and
first negative effect
.*

45 year old male human Marauder

Level:

Power Bonus:

Health:
63/
63 (+1 bonus)

Defense:

Gold:

Equipment:
Balanced Rapier
(WP: 20, ignores defense, second weapon ignores defense, Longsword, suitable for Marauders) &
Mythril Edge
(WP: 64,
Ice
Darkness
Light
, attacks restore 3 health, dagger),
Dancing Shoes
(Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice. +Immunity to
Asleep
Confused
Fragile,
Slowed,
Afraid,
Weakened
and
Blinded
, + Immunity to
Darkness
Light
Fire
Air
Earth
Wood
Lightning
, and
Ice
Elemental Damage, footwear),
Crocodile Armour
(+4 Defense +Immunity to
Water
Magic, bodywear),
Pugilist's Gloves
(2+ Power, Immune to
Weakened
, handwear)
Grimmeau's Clothespin
(Grants Immunity to first negative effect each battle. Headwear)

Inventory:

• Pronged Gauntlet (WP:6, dagger), M.U.C.A (WP: 12, bleeding 3, Axe)
Giant Axe (WP:10, dual-strike, axe),

• Jester's Hat (Wearer may choose to gain one immunity from targeted enemy, suitable for anyone), Rubber Gloves, Blessed Amulet
(Immunity to
Cursed
, accessory),
Bomber's Belt (Craft Bomb creates Potent bombs, doubling the damage output of all bombs created, does not stack, accessory, suitable for cannoneers), Magnar's Smaller Axe
(Grants Dual Strike to classes wielding axes, can't wear shield. handwear),
Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear)

• Beholder's Eye, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Decamodifier, Magic Compass

92x Potion
16x Grand Potion, 3x Health Core, 3x Diluted Arc Potion, 2x Arc Potion, 3x Elixir, 12x Phoenix Essence, 28x Remedy, Neutralizer, Tiger Balm, Crimson Serum (Grants
Mutated
Effect for one battle.), x2 Arc Elixir, Hyper Arc Tonic (Restores All ether to allies, consumable), 2x Ambrosia, 19x
Mead
, 14x
Smelling Salts
, 11x
Nostrum
, x4
Bad Breath, 2x Wyvern's Breath, 2x Tonic, Grand Tonic, 2x Purging Water, 3x Smile of the Gods, 3x Fortune Flush,
5x Venom, 3
x Bone,
Soma, S
ilver Ore (worth 60 gold), x2
Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.),
Ether Core, Last Resort, 2x Bravado Brew, Cloud of Celerity

6x Smoke Bomb,
Neptune Bomb
, Dirt Bomb, 2x Water Bomb,
Blind Bomb, 2x Confuse Bomb, 2x Poison Bomb, 2x Seal Bomb, Sleep Bomb, 5x Mystic Bomb,
Electro Bomb (Deals 30 lightning-elemental damage and the stunned-effect to all enemies), Sand Bomb (Deals 30 earth-elemental damage and the blinded-effect to all enemies), Baffle Bomb

Topaz
Amethyst
Sapphire
Crystal Ball (Worth 200 gold, 400 in magic shops), Gold Ring
(Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver)

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone (The Legonater)

Human male, Assassin *Immune to All Elements and Blinded* *Permanently Lucky*

Level 31

Defense: 6

Health: 43/43

Gold: 3

Equipment: Crossbow of Incessant Warmongerers (WP: 26; Darkness-elemental, on non-AoE rolls, also deals Damage to the enemies above and below the target upon a successful hit; Crossbow), Lucky Die (User is permanently *Lucky*; suitable for anyone; Accessory), Night's Helmet (SP: 6; immune to Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness, and Blinded; suitable for anyone; Headwear), Sticky Gloves (increases amount of Gold stolen by 50%; suitable for Rogues and Beast Warriors; Handwear)

Inventory:

• Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27; Ice-elemental; Longbow), Requiem (WP: 20; Wood- and Light-elemental; Longbow), Tarok's Wrath (WP: 20, 1/2; chance to Instantly Kill orcs; Dagger), Double Chain Whip (WP: 10; Whip), Throwing Knife (WP: 4; Throwing Weapon), Pongcanis Dagger (WP: 8; Dagger),, Double-Barreled Handcannon (WP: 15, fire-elemental, dual-strike, hand cannon), Unlucky Horseshoe (WP:13, retrievable throwing weapon, causes
Jinxed
-effect), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon),

• Winged Sandals (immune to Bound and Slowed; suitable for anyone; Footwear), Ambrose's Heart (Artifact, suitable to Evokers, Accessory, +5 power), Sigil of the Cold Circle - (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear),

• Diamond, 3 Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Magic Compass

• Potions (3), Grand Potions (6), Tonic, Remedies (2), Banana (restores full HP to target), Elixir (2), Cosmic Essence, Meads (2), Nostrum, Mulled Wine (2), Soma, Venom (2), Smelling Salts, Crimson Venom (Causes a weapon to deal the Poisoned by 7 and Cursed effects for the duration of one battle), Mythril Shards (4/4 Mythril), Military Grade Light Bomb, Military Grade Darkness Bomb, Fire Bomb, Smoke Bomb, Diamond Lamp of Summoning (1/3 uses left), Bones (3), Skeleton Decoy, Demon Repellent (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle unless the user is the only hero left standing; consumable), Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy.), Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle)

15776593006_d5e8922489_o.png

Matthias
the Carnival Crusader (StickFig)

Level 24⅔ Druid
*Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed* *Immune to
Bound
Slowed
* *⅙ chance of
Encouraged
at the start of any battle*

Power Bonus
: 20 (+2 WP)

Defense
: 4

Health
: 36/36

Ether
: 24/24

Gold:

Equipment
: Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:9, also hits enemies listed above and below the target,
Darkness
- and
Lightning
-elemental, user is
Slowed
, hand cannon), Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a ⅙ chance of being
Encouraged
at the start of any battle, headwear), Hunter's Plate (SP:4, wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed, suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Winged Sandals (Protects from
Bound
and
Slowed
effects, footwear), DDSSA (+2 health, +2 WP, +10 power)

Inventory
: Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Pongcanis Crossbow (WP:8, crossbow), Ruby (
Fire
), 5x Bone, Deadly Venomn, 2x Elixir, Grand Potion, Grating Stone, Mead, Nostrum, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 4x Remedy, 5x Tonic, Venom, Doomsday Bomb (Deals 99 damage, bomb), 2x Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear, suitable for anyone)

2ad7bc4a-fe3b-4de7-ba4a-26953e3d6112_zps10ae780a.jpg

Captain Lane (Takes Commands from Guts)

Level 40 Cannoneer

Health: 51/51

Defense: 0

Gold: 360

Equipment: Ship's Cannon (WP: 30, "hand" cannon), Cannoneer's Sashes (The damage output of bombs consumed are added to the WP of the Cannoneer's weapon before damage calculation)

Inventory:

DSCN0145.jpg

Sir Barkley (Takes Commands from Matthias)

Level 12 Dog

Rolls:

1-3: Bite - Deals damage equal to level and bleeding equal to half his level

4-6: Nothing

Note: Cannot take free hits. Does not count as targeting an enemy.

Pylon.jpg

High Priest Pylon

Level 30 Frog

Rolls:

1-3: Heal - Heals the target equal to his level.

4-6: Nothing

Note: Cannot take free hits. Does not count as targeting.

The Enemies

Were-Newt Captain

Level 80 Aquatic Humanoid *Immune to Negative Effects and Instant Kill* *Lucky*

Health: 1040/1040

Special: Orange Mask of Z - Deals 200 damage to the party, starting with the beginning of the battle order. If a hero is KO'd, he will take the remainder of the damage to be dealt and strike the next hero, etc until the 200 damage is dealt (takes row/SP into consideration, aka ever 1 health taken from someone in the back row will cost the attack "2" damage dealt).

Drops: Orange Make of Z (Headwear, if an attack would KO a foe the remaining damage is applied to the next enemy).

Were-Wolf First Mate

Level 60 Beast Humanoid *Encouraged* *Immune to Sleep, Blinded, Weakened, Minimized, and Instant Kill*

Health: 670/670

Special: Bloody Bastard - Steals half the target's gold and deals damage equal to the gold stolen. Stolen gold cannot be recovered.

Drops: 120 Gold

11185329863_9468a63fc6_t.jpg

Were-Gator Second Mate
*Immune to Instant Kill*

Level 35 Beast Humanoid

Health: 150/150

Special: Lover of Codfish - The Second Mate snaps at the target doing 20 damage regardless of SP and recovers all of his health.

Passive Special: Crocodile Tears - The Second Mate has a 1/6 chance of Jinxing the target when hit by a physical attack.

Drops: 2x Meads

heroicaquest58-sobeca.jpg

Were-Gator Third Mate

Level 29 Beast Aquatic

Health: 462/462

Special I: Crocodile Tears – Causes the enamored- and blinded-effects to all opponents.

Special II: Toothy Grin – Causes the weakened- and afraid-effects to all opponents.

Special III: Tail Swipe – Causes the stunned- and confused-effects to all opponents.

Drops: Crocodile Handbag (Max. ether +2, immunity to water; accessory)

Note: Specials alternate

11575113256_c41a0603cc_t.jpg11575113256_c41a0603cc_t.jpg11575113256_c41a0603cc_t.jpg11575113256_c41a0603cc_t.jpg11575113256_c41a0603cc_t.jpg

Nordic Crew

*Mob 5*

Level 60 Icy Humanoid (18x5) *Immune to Ice*

Health: 450/450 (90x5)

Special: Icy Waters - Deals 30 ice damage to all heroes, with a 1/2 chance of knocking them off the boat. Knocked off heroes must be rescued by an onboard hero, costing them both a turn.

Drops: Opal, 40 Gold

Dropping to one knee, I heft up the massive crossbow. I aim at the Third Mate (Second Mate, Nord Crew) and fire from the back row.

Edited by The Legonater

"Right. Of course. It'd be just ridiculous to have one voyage where there's no pirates. And why in the bloody hell are these animals helping us fight? Not that I'm complaining..."

Captain Lane attacks the Captain from the back row, Guts uncorks the Cloud of Celerity and attacks the Nordic Crew with his Rapier from the back row, and the Second mate with Mythril Edge from the back row.

Guts

Dyric

Guts

Matthias

Lane

Barkley

Pylon

Guts should be inspired, I believe.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Rushing onto the deck, Matthias is momentarily speechless as he comes face to face with a terrifying orange mask. Ducking backwards (and losing his Dapper Hat in the process), the druid takes up a fighting position in the back row and attacks the Second Mate with his Extraordinaire, then throws a bone to distract the Third Mate.