Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

brick built legs

I don't know about Moko, but I do know these legs look a bit too tall and the feet look a bit big..

Nah, standard MF legs on!

Saying I don't like these way of building doesn't mean I think you didn't did a nice job.

The design is very smart TT!! :-)

moko has made several great figs indeed.

But this is a "standard" for figs. I've tested out many ways to make legs, searching for the right way...

They look big, but not if seen in pose, instead of the side. 1*1 plates dont look right either. The structure of the minifig is weird, as everything seems to work on the minifig, but in real life it makes no sense. I try to make the minifig look more like a miniature rather than a chubby version of a person. This isnt easy.

Of course, there is room for improvement, and this doesnt mean that I won't use standard minifig legs anymore, but this also offers something pure for customizers who want boots.

TT

I think those were already made by BSer Moko.

Actually Moko uses a different technique using a pair of grill plates and levers that allow the legs to actually move...

Actually Moko uses a different technique using a pair of grill plates and levers that allow the legs to actually move...

but this is also a very fragile technique, in wich the levers dont need much to crack or deform.

TT

Oh well then you did a good job on making them. sorry for jumping to conclusions...

Credit of what I was saying goes to Moko.

Edited by Exo-builder59

hmm, i would still credit moko for it though. :-P removing the grill plates and levers isn't too difficult. :-P but i'm just being difficult. :-P

hmm, i would still credit moko for it though. :-P removing the grill plates and levers isn't too difficult. :-P but i'm just being difficult. :-P

I have in no way copied moko's technique, I'm not a thief. The idea of using the tooth/ear pieces as shoes isnt only moko's, but also many others'. Choose your words wisely >:-(

thanks for all the comments. It's a habit seeing the minifig shorter, but if you're used to it, its nice. I suggest you build something likewise, so you can judge the thing in real life ;) The perfect shoe piece with would a short point, and a round base... But you have to work with what you get...

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

Very nice, and it really looks more natural somehow, size-wise.... *y*

But, ahem, it looks a bit creepy too when you

Is this height problem a perspective issue?

The fusilier looks much taller than the wehrmacht but really there's only a plate difference between their heights. Maybe an image of them side by side would produce less varied results.

Is this height problem a perspective issue?

The fusilier looks much taller than the wehrmacht but really there's only a plate difference between their heights. Maybe an image of them side by side would produce less varied results.

well, the wehrmacht height is the basis height.

The fusilier looks taller because:

-neck bracket

-epaulettes

-white strings push up the epaulettes a bit

-backpack

the basic idea is that each plate cobsist of a part of the legs, so they represent the legs best:

-part of shirt sticking out/top of pants

-thighs

-right above knees

-right below knees

-lower leg

-feet

the fusilier's boots are over his knees because they look better that way (only a plate difference BTW)

this makes about a plate difference :-D , and the shako also larges the minfig ;-)

TT

Edited by Tanotrooper

You've almost an interesting optical illusion happening here...

brickbuiltlegs2.jpg

Not only does the fusilier look taller but he also looks bigger as well, I suppose that's helped along by his backpack and epaulettes.

Is it possible that you could take a couple more pictures from different angles?

These are really cool but they almost stop being minifigs. The proportions are more realistic for adult miniatures. Add in the "fleshie" bits and they seem like they are something else. Great for individual figs or small vignettes but I wonder how they would look in a MOC populated with regular-size minifigs?

Of course changing the proportions of these figs also changes the scale for other objects which, given the over-sized nature of many accessories, could be a good thing.

Hmmm, might be fun to play with.

That's a nice alternative. I think it would work fine if you want to introduce a person who is just taller, bigger or stronger built than standard minifigs. After all, in real life people vary in height, don't they? :-D I used my own version of custom legs for my Shao Kahn minifig, for the very reason of making him significantly taller than average. The version I used works fine if you want to make a tall person with very long boots, although it lacks feet. Custom minifigs on!

Edited by Dreamweb

I wonder how they would look in a MOC populated with regular-size minifigs?

There's only one way to find out... Tantotrooper should build a MOC right this instant!

Nice!! I don'tthink I will be using this method soon as I prefer normal legs, however these are great brick built ones!