Any member can post here but do not discuss game tactics, clues, hunches or any sort of game strategy. This discussion is meant for comments on the game, production value, funny players, etc. It is not to discuss someone you think is guilty or why a player did or didn't do something. Thank you!
Please confirm receipt of your Role PM here. Also, please post the attached character image as your avatar or in your signature for the duration of the game. Please also remember to only use your role PM to contact me about the game. Any other PM about the game will be ignored and deleted. Thanks Have fun!
Once upon a time, in the world of FABULAND, deep in the Dark Forest, was the little village of Winter Haven. Winter Haven was a peaceful, happy place where the Sun always shone and the flowers always bloomed. All of the residents of Winter Haven were happy…and adorable.
Many of Winter Haven's residents had once live in a village called Spring Haven, where a terrifying incident occurred involving an evil group called The Demon Legion...and an evil entity known to them as Felix Fox.
Over a year had passed since those awful incidents. The residents of Winter Haven were starting to feel safe and secure & happy and adorable once again. And that's when it started happening.
Strange noises and movement in the forest at night, phantom knocks on the windows and doors, fires starting on their own, people sleep walking, waking up to find themselves alone in the dark forest...hearing something following them...feeling something watching them...
Then one day, Marcellus the Monk discovered the cause. Some dark magic had been performed in the forest surrounding Winter Haven.
"I've seen this before." Marcellus said sadly, "Someone has summoned a spirit ... the spirit of Felix Fox."
The last time the villagers of Winter Haven had seen Felix Fox he was a burning skeleton dancing off in the forest with his kerosene can. Why would someone summon such an evil entity?
And then the disappearances began. Dear friends of the Villagers: Marcus Monkey, Helen Hippo, Kenda Cat, Gabby Goat, Gilbert Goat, Wendell Walrus...
Marcellus believed that those summoning the evil and responsible for the disappearances were the victims' own friends and neighbors. Indeed, it seemed like someone, or a group of someones, was behind the evil presence returning to their lives.
"Firuz, I need your help, friend," Marcellus the Monk said.
Firuz Fox, The Alchemist, had moved to Winter Haven recently. Wendell Walrus had mysteriously disappeared and left his library empty. Firuz moved into the space and opened an Apothecary. The villagers of Winter Haven were intrigued by the mysterious fox and the strange liquids they could see him brewing through the Apothecary's large windows.
"Certainly, dear friend," Firuz replied.
"I will need your help ridding this village of the evil presence," Marcellus explained, "I wonder if you have any special potions that can help us in this battle against evil."
"Of course I can help," Firuz answered, "However, evil is an illusion. It is simply one side versus the other. Neither side is good or evil, they just have different points of view."
"Well I believe one point of view is trying to kill the other" Marcellus replied, darkly.
There are 26 citizens left in the peaceful, adorable village of Winter Haven. Will they find the evil that is living among them or will they be consumed by the evil force that is hidden amongst their own numbers?
The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.
- Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
- Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
- A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
- The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
- You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
- You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting.
- Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
- If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
- If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
- You may not edit your posts.
- You must post in every day thread.
- If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
- Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty vote on the first violation and death of your character on the second.
Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:
- Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
- The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
- Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
- Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.
You have all been sent a role PM in this format:
Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)
Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.
Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.
You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.
Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.
Best of luck and have fun!
Marcellus the Monk,
played by Hinckley
Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,
played by Fugazi
Active Players (26)
Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,
played by Waterbrick Down
Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,
played by Rick
Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,
played by Dragonator
Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,
played by Sandy
Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,
played by Bob
Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,
played by Rufus
Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,
played by Tamamono
Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,
played by Scouty
Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,
played by WhiteFang
Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,
played by JimButcher
Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,
played by Pandora
Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,
played by Quarryman
Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,
played by Scubacarrot
Heidi Hippo, Farmer,
played by CallMePie
Horace Horse, Blacksmith,
played by iamded
Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,
played by TinyPiesRUs
Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,
played by Cecilie
Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,
played by Professor Flitwick
Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,
played by Zepher
Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,
played by Eskallon
Petey Panda, Fisherman,
played by darkdragon
Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,
played by CorneliusMurdock
Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,
played by badboytje88
Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,
played by Dannylonglegs
Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,
played by Shadows
Wallace Walrus, Lawman,
played by Masked Builder