Superkalle

New brickset out - 1564.1 - released Oct. 2014

A new brickset is out.

Note that there are two updates being downloaded by LDD. First a 16 Mb download, and then a 2Mb.

After update it should say brickset "1564.1" in the Help > About

Wagh! Now to play the waiting game, because there's nothing updating in Blighty yet.

Am I only one that can't get it to update?

Edit: Ninja'd. It's still the same number for me as well. Does yours try to update? Mine doesn't.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

I just tried to open LDD ten times

No wonder! It gets really grumpy if you do that.

Mine tried to update and then shut down. Now I can open it, but cannot do anything. :wacko: Guess we will just have to wait until tomorrow and try again.

I received the update without any crashes. There doesn't seem to be many new pieces, at least for the minifigs. I had to delete the LEGO Company folder in my .Roaming file and reinstall LDD to get the update.

I just got the new update and can report a few repeatable crash-to-desktops. (Note: I have the program configured so the welcome screen does not display on start-up.)

- If I cause the welcome screen to load by selecting File->New the program begins to load the thumbnails of recently used files and then CTD's.

- If I start LDD by double clicking on the file in windows that coresponded to the one for which the thumbnail would not display the program starts and attempts to load the file but CTD's before finishing.

- If I start LDD and open the "Doors" pallette in designer or extended mode, CTD.

I am able to open most of my smaller files and use them just fine, so long as I never open the "Doors" pallette. I suspect there is a buggy piece in there that is crashing the program - even when it tries to display the piece in a thumbnail.

After it was patched it seemed to crash when it tried to render some of the the previews, so

I removed the files I thought were causing the error and finally got the program to open normally.

I then started working on new project and when I tried to browse through the "doors pannels and windows" parts category it crashed to desktop again, I'm pretty sure that there is a faulty part in that category.

I have tried this on 2 different computers and have gotten the same result.

P.S. only one 15MB update so far, sorry to say I did not notice the brick count after the update.

Edit -1

Received the 1.5 MB update this morning, everything working fine now.

Edited by Old_No7

Just updated no problem and no crash (yet).

Edit-1

Opening the "Doors and Window" pallette is the the problem.

I click it and starts loading doors and windows from bottem to top, about 3/4 the way up.... I get Desktop view.

Edit-2

It happens in "Extended mode" only.

Edit-3

Just got it to do the 2Mb update. It looks like it was a problem between 3856 and 4183 in the pallette.

Edited by weavil

Oh, okay. 1564 does have new parts (1564.1 being the bug fix). I don't have the time to organize them into a file, but I can confirm that there are new parts from Minifigures S12, Ultra Agents, Chima, Hero Factory and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Still haven't recieved the update. When I load Ldd it says checking for patches but it instead it just loads fully. I expect the update should come by tomorrow.

Got my two updates this morning on start-up; no problems so far.

Thanks, Superkalle, for the lxf!

First update (16 MB) this morning for my LDD. Hope the second update will follow soon.

Loooking at the image above it seems that the new brickset don't add much old stuff... am I wrong?

These are the "old" bricks that I could spot. 17 bricks. Some maybe not so common (like the 60930 Rocket backpack), others very common. Like the 4214 Frame and 4084 Tyre.

post-4755-0-86349900-1413359480_thumb.png

I got a 16 mb update. Now as I open LDD, it says there is no internet connection. What shall I do?

Edit: Now its like a cant decide thingy, like this

1: no internet access warning

2: opens without the warning

3: no internet access warning

4: opens without the warning

Edited by Greol