Sign in to follow this  
Klaus-Dieter

Legoland Mall

indexed.gif B-OV-8D

Hello everybody! :sweet:

Since I would so much like to see TLG releasing a mall for the City theme I designed one with LDD. Here is the result:

Legoland Mall

Pieces: 493

Price (Germany): 93,70 Euros

You want to go shopping whereas it is raining outside? Then the Legoland Mall is the perfect place!

Have a cup of coffee in the little cafe, search for a perfume as a present, buy your favourite jeans in the boutique and look for the newest Lego sets.

This set includes the Legoland Mall with entrance, cafe and perfumery downstairs, boutique and Lego Store upstairs, street cleaner, businessman, salesman, saleswoman, man, woman, kid, security officer and a lot of nice accessories.

A view of the front,

legoland_einkaufszentrum.jpg

a view of the left side,

legoland_einkaufszentrum.1.jpg

a view of the right side

legoland_einkaufszentrum.2.jpg

and the interior:

legoland_einkaufszentrum.9.jpg

legoland_einkaufszentrum.10.jpg

More pics can be found in this BS folder (when public).

Comments are welcome! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Phred

Great Job Klaus.

It's been neat to see your LDD creations improve over the past year. You did a great job of putting alot of mall-like details into a fairly small space: stores, cafe, fountain, glass railings, etc. Good job also, making the roof as interesting and detailed as the rest of the MOC.

Nice job! I really like the hall with that doors and that great glass roof :thumbup: I wish TLC would release that kind of sets, specially with so many number of MFs :pirate:

I'm re-discovering LDD myself and doing some projects like you use to do, may I invite you to appear in the MOC I'm working on here? You have a nice and simple sig-fig. :wink:

Edited by BlueBard

nice creation, I like the railings and the entrance.

Ah, cool MOC, I'd like to see two of these built for real and placed back to back to make a bigger mall.

I like all of the differant figs included as well, the same chices I'm sure TLC would make :sweet: although probably not as many...

Wow ! Beautiful MOC! Thanks for sharing! Love this type of building, and indeed Legoland is missing a shopping mall... Really admire you guys so professonal with the LDD program. I'm having so much problem just creating a simple car... :cry_sad:

Very nice. I've been thinking about building something similar for a while now and this gives me some ideas.

Cheers,

Ralph

Very nice. I really like the balcony on the upper floor. It really helps the look of the mall. That would be a great addition to a city scheme. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all very much for your nice comments! :sweet:

Great Job Klaus.

It's been neat to see your LDD creations improve over the past year. You did a great job of putting alot of mall-like details into a fairly small space: stores, cafe, fountain, glass railings, etc. Good job also, making the roof as interesting and detailed as the rest of the MOC.

Thanks, Eilif! :classic:

Yes, I wanted to include as many shops into this mall as possible to increase playability and authencity. As for the little cafe: There has always to be some food-themed stuff in a big set. And since I would so much like to see a Lego Store I added one to the set, too. As for the other sets I thought that it would be very nice to have some shops TLG never released before, too.

Nice job! I really like the hall with that doors and that great glass roof :thumbup: I wish TLC would release that kind of sets, specially with so many number of MFs :pirate:

I'm re-discovering LDD myself and doing some projects like you use to do, may I invite you to appear in the MOC I'm working on here? You have a nice and simple sig-fig. :wink:

Thanks, BlueBard! :classic:

Willingly I want to take part in your project. Please only give me some time since I'm very buisy at the moment, ok? :wink:

nice creation, I like the railings and the entrance.
Very nice. I really like the balcony on the upper floor. It really helps the look of the mall. That would be a great addition to a city scheme. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Eskallon and Loganwan! :classic:

Firstly I didn't aim to include a balcony in the mall. But then I thought that with it it would look much more interesting and realistic - and I think it does now.

It took me a very long time to build the entrance since I changed the mosaic on the floor very often. Do you like it?

Ah, cool MOC, I'd like to see two of these built for real and placed back to back to make a bigger mall.

I like all of the differant figs included as well, the same chices I'm sure TLC would make :sweet: although probably not as many...

Thanks, Razzer! :classic:

For me the minifigs are the heart of every set. So I decied to add not only boring "common" male minifigs to my MOC but even a security officer, two woman and a kid.

Wow ! Beautiful MOC! Thanks for sharing! Love this type of building, and indeed Legoland is missing a shopping mall... Really admire you guys so professonal with the LDD program. I'm having so much problem just creating a simple car... :cry_sad:

Thanks, legofan! :classic:

I can consolate you: Building a car in LDD is much more difficult than building a house! :wink:

Very nice. I've been thinking about building something similar for a while now and this gives me some ideas.

Cheers,

Ralph

Thanks, Ralph! :classic:

When you design a mall please show it to us then, too! :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter, I really like the use of those door- or window pieces for roof windows. Excellent idea and absolutely fitting.

I also have to share my love for the fine details you put in your creation, especially the upper floor.

I know LDD offers limited pieces, and with what is given, you did an excellent job. Without the restrictions of LDD I would have suggested some different parts being used, especially for the fountain. But what I would really urge you to do is make a second version which is bigger and offers a staircase to access the upper floor :tongue:

Very Nice.

I especially like the detailed roof and the revolving doors.

They really make this design stand out.

Are you going to make your design modular so that you can extend it?

Thank you very much for your nice comments, DJ Force and Righteous Squid! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter, I really like the use of those door- or window pieces for roof windows. Excellent idea and absolutely fitting.

I also have to share my love for the fine details you put in your creation, especially the upper floor.

I know LDD offers limited pieces, and with what is given, you did an excellent job. Without the restrictions of LDD I would have suggested some different parts being used, especially for the fountain. But what I would really urge you to do is make a second version which is bigger and offers a staircase to access the upper floor :tongue:

Thanks, DJ Force! :classic:

Perhaps I'll design a bigger version somewhere in the future. But firstly I don't think that this one then would look better since the pieces on LDD are limited nevertheless and I think that now it looks very nice - but if it shall be bigger designing it via LDD is perhaps not that a good idea (I don't know). Secondly I'm very busy at the moment. But let's see. :wink:

Very Nice.

I especially like the detailed roof and the revolving doors.

They really make this design stand out.

Are you going to make your design modular so that you can extend it?

Thanks, Righteous Squid! :classic:

Without wanting to praise myself too much I must say that I, too, think that the revolving doors and the roof give my creation a more realistic and lovely look than when I would only have added a normal roof and some common doors to it.

No, I won't make my design modular since I don't like buildings like CC, Market Street and Green Grocer.

Klaus-Dieter

Klaus-Dieter, you never fail to impress me! I am particularly fond of the glass pieces as the upper-floor "railing"--a feature found in nearly every shopping mall I've visited, but one that might often be overlooked. The attention to detail is splendid!

Thanks, Eskallon and Loganwan! :classic:

Firstly I didn't aim to include a balcony in the mall. But then I thought that with it it would look much more interesting and realistic - and I think it does now.

It took me a very long time to build the entrance since I changed the mosaic on the floor very often. Do you like it?

I do really like the mosaic on the floor. So often, I think the interior of buildings are neglected, and none so much as the floor. I think I would try to match the upper floor to the bottom to really give a connection to the top and bottom floors. Of course the design would have to be a bit different since it is a smaller amount of floor space. It should also include the yellow as well.

KD: This is excellent. Over the past year, I think you really have improved your talents at building these LDDs. Each creation is better than the one before. For this particular creation, I love the swinging doors - a very nice touch for the mall. The roof design is very well done, allowing lots of natural light within the interior. The interior is well done. I think the only thing missing is a small set of stairs.

Overall, very nice! I think I've said this before, but I'd like to see you build this now. :thumbup:

Oh, BTW: why the missing heads on some of the figs inside?

EDIT: I think I've answered my own question. Are they dummies? - If so, nice!

Thank you very much for your nice comments, Mariko and TheBrickster! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter, you never fail to impress me! I am particularly fond of the glass pieces as the upper-floor "railing"--a feature found in nearly every shopping mall I've visited, but one that might often be overlooked. The attention to detail is splendid!

Thanks, Mariko! :classic:

I tried to include as many details as possible. So very nice to hear that you like it.

I do really like the mosaic on the floor. So often, I think the interior of buildings are neglected, and none so much as the floor. I think I would try to match the upper floor to the bottom to really give a connection to the top and bottom floors. Of course the design would have to be a bit different since it is a smaller amount of floor space. It should also include the yellow as well.

Good point, Loganwan! :thumbup: I didn't think about adding this mosaic to the upper floor, too. :blush:

KD: This is excellent. Over the past year, I think you really have improved your talents at building these LDDs. Each creation is better than the one before. For this particular creation, I love the swinging doors - a very nice touch for the mall. The roof design is very well done, allowing lots of natural light within the interior. The interior is well done. I think the only thing missing is a small set of stairs.

Overall, very nice! I think I've said this before, but I'd like to see you build this now. :thumbup:

Thanks, TheBrickster! :classic:

I feel honored. - But when you'd look at the dining car I designed about a week ago you would no longer say that each creation is better than the one before. :grin:

I indeed wanted to add some stairs. But there were two reasons why I didn't add some:

Malls always have escalators and no stairs. And how to design escalators?!

To add stairs to the inside would have meant much less space. And I think that the inside of the shops is not too big. When I would have added stairs then there either would have only be shops on one side or the shops would have become that small that (when you would build my MOC in reality) you couldn't play indise. And I wanted - like with all of the LDD MOCs I create(d) to design some MOCs which could theoretically be official Lego sets and include the typical elements you can find in every Lego set (so playability, too).

But of course you're right: With stairs/escalators it would look much more realistic and interesting. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Sorry for the late answer - I forgot it. :blush:

Yes, they actually shall be dummies.

Klaus-Dieter

Sorry for the late answer - I forgot it. :blush:

Yes, they actually shall be dummies.

Klaus-Dieter

Actually, they're called mannequins.

i love the roof!! i sorta stole your revolving door idea so thanks :thumbup:

Thank you very much for your nice comment, prateek! :sweet:

And btw: You didn't steel the idea since revolving doors were already used in two official Lego sets and surely in a lot of MOCs, too. :wink:

Actually, they're called mannequins.

Thanks for the correction, Justin! :classic:

I'm sorry but I'm not that good in English. :devil:

Klaus-Dieter