Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Many Adventures of the Whacker and the Walrus issue #2

Along with the latest episode of Fabuland Housewives, the new issue of The Whacker and the Walrus is up:

menu.jpg

Issue #2: Where bes my bucket?

Please enjoy and feel free to let me know what you think!! :-$ Thanks

OMG that was hilarious, just like the previous issue, nice job *y* *y*

- I'm going to put you in a full body cast!

- We need a distraction, either get wacked or eat clam cream.

*thinks for a few seconds*

- Whack me again ...

Couldn't stop laughing :'-) . Like watching a soap only with lego. :-D :-D :-D

But was it my imagination or is this issue significantly shorter than the previous one? :-)

Edited by Hairy Ruben

I love it! *wub* Without giving away the plot, I love my bed and the smart role you found for SW4J. :-P

Are the interiors actual interiors are is that a separate "set"? How did you find time to do this? 8-

Must read... Brb!

Bwahahahaha! Great.... Needs more random people ruinning round in the bacround :-P Oh and more silver buckets X-D

Edited by Stauder@55

I love it *wub* . I like the reference to South Park with Timmy yelling 'Timmy!' X-D . The catapult scene was also very funny with hinckley flying against his house :-P . Keep it up, hinckley *y* ! Btw, what is two-face doing outside that building in the first picture? Did he just rob a bank or something?

Critical Reviewer On! Spoiler Mode On!

The first scene was clearly the director folding to outside concerns and practicing a little product placement. I don't know how much the clam cream people paid for it, but they got their moneys worth in this finely crafted bit.

I definitely enjoyed the next scene as well. While the transition from the previous episode to this one is somewhat unclear, the idylic scene of two reunited friends enjoying a day together was certainly pleasant. Of course, all can't stay peaceful in this land, and quickly things hilariously turn to bloodshed and head injury, though accidental.

From here things get a little rockier. We've been led, to this point, to think that the boys are friends again, but clearly the bucket situation hasn't been resolved. Why are they getting along so well with this hanging over their friendship? We have a lot of Walrus whining and some new characters, but neither portion is completely satisfying, though at least they let us know of the continuing problem. Is there a hint of potential memory loss?

The next scene returns to the format we know and love: plenty of gratuitous violence to please even the most discerning viewer. Love the array of implements of destruction!

We end on a high point as Sinner once again shows his charming ways with a woman and clearly the promise of more violence to come.

All in all, a fine effort, well directed, well cast (plaster or not), taking place on beautifully constructed sets, but just a tiny bit 'off' in motivation. I'm not entirely sure the boys can truly be friends again until 'the bucket' has been resolved. It's like a cloud of nervous tension that should always been driving Sinner, until it takes over completely and madness ensues. Yes ... madness *laughs an evil laugh* *cough* Um, sorry there.

<Critical Reviewer Off!> <Spoiler Off!>

Seriously, I liked it, I just didn't 'feel' it quite like the first one. Perhaps that initial episode set expectations to a ridiculously high level, because looking back, this is clearly a good one, so I should be raving more. It's not you, it's me. We can still be friends, it's just different now ... :'-)

:-D :-D :-D

Keep up the good work! *y*

Made me miss my lunch to sit here and laugh so my co-workers wondered what was going on.

But it was well worth it.

Also liked SW4J

039.jpg *wub* - I feel good, nanana ..... so good, so good!!!

Love it, need it, gonna get it! Keep it up, more whacking and characters. Nice to see a pro shrink in action SW4J *y*

037.jpg

Because we don

:-D Great work once again. I agree with ImperialShadows on that I didn't like this one quite as much as the first, but this one was still very funny. I loved the part with the slingshot, and when you slide back down, leaving a trail of blood. X-D

One thing I'm not sure I liked was how it cut between scenes with a "later that week", etc. I think sometimes you could just leave that out, because if it's obvious that's it later, you don't need to have small panal just to say that it is.

*wub* *wub* *wub*

Again you have done a great job with this comic! *wub* I like everything, from the charming humour to the clever building techniques. *sweet*

It's so fun to see EB's community represented in a comic! *wub*

But.. |-/ (And there's a big butt :-P )

Don't you ever make fun of Timmy! >:-( :-P

sigfig.jpg

Timmy rules! >:-( ..And you're hurting my retarded feelings.. :'-( :'-(

TIMM-AAAY On *sing*

Edited by UniqueBuilder

Clam cream... A new one for the Lego Ice cube mold! X-O

Good episode, Hinckley, but it needed more whacking; this episode looks like it's building up for the next episode (seen with many movies :-P ) But all in all, good!

I still think it'd be a good idea to have an all-EB-sigfig bar brawl. ;-)

I don't know what they're talking about, I enjoyed this issue significantly more than the first! Something to do with the cast I think... 8-|

Anyway I definitely loved the sling-shotting into the wall part, and the explanation of the full-body cast :-D

As for my role, funny enough I end up in that real-life role with my friends. In fact I'm often called in as "Justin the negotiator" whenever there are fights or problems. I think that's about five levels under "ze ultimate negotiator" though, right Copmike? :-P The advice was brilliant though, so brilliant I have no idea what it means! Love the inclusion of the cat pics though X-D

I'm starting to feel really bad for Sinner, I mean the poor guy is in deep withdrawal already :'-(

OMG that was hilarious, just like the previous issue, nice job

[snip]

Couldn't stop laughing . Like watching a soap only with lego.

But was it my imagination or is this issue significantly shorter than the previous one? :-)

Thanks Hairy! :-$ It is actually your wonderful imagination playing tricks on you. It is almost the exact same length as the first one. I always worry the stuff I write is too long, so it's good to hear that people feel it's a little short. Perhaps I can write longer issues in the future. People always say Fabuland Housewives is too long. Maybe it's the content :-P

I love it! Without giving away the plot, I love my bed and the smart role you found for SW4J.

Are the interiors actual interiors are is that a separate "set"? How did you find time to do this? I've been finding it hard enough to find time to take photos of my build off MOC...

Thanks buddy! :-$ I thought you would like the bed. Isn't it nice to vicariously live our childhoods again through this comic? We live in a treehouse and you sleep in a train engine! The interior sets are different. It is hard to light inside the sets without making them all modular. Fabuland Housewives is filmed the same way. The exteriors and interiors don't match up size wise. I do this because it is easier to light and you can get more detail into the rooms, cheating the size...

I find the time by working non-stop. I work hard and play hard. I also do not have kids to take care of and support :-/ I only have to worry about myself really, so I can be selfish with my time. Luckily Jocko also works out of the house and works constantly too. I think that is the main reason I don't want to have kids, because I am selfish with my time...

I love it . I like the reference to South Park with Timmy yelling 'Timmy!' . The catapult scene was also very funny with hinckley flying against his house . Keep it up, hinckley ! Btw, what is two-face doing outside that building in the first picture? Did he just rob a bank or something?

Thanks Khorne! That two-face is actually you!!! At the time I filmed this your sig-fig was that and I thought it'd be cool to show that the town where Sinner and Hinckley lives has all EB members in it...but now you are a goat...

Critical Reviewer On! Spoiler Mode On!

[snip]

Seriously, I liked it, I just didn't 'feel' it quite like the first one. Perhaps that initial episode set expectations to a ridiculously high level, because looking back, this is clearly a good one, so I should be raving more. It's not you, it's me. We can still be friends, it's just different now ...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks Imperialshadows. You know those clam cream people pay real well! I'm a sucker for a profit, what can I say? I purposely gave the second issue a different tone. I think you will find a slightly different tone in each one. Random humiliating violence can only go so far before it gets old. You have to craft the comedy. Underwear jokes are the spice of life, not the main course! There will be plenty more senseless violence in the future, don't you worry.

As far as the bucket issue being un-resolved, yes. It is. But in the meantime, Sinner, Copmike and Hinckley are always friends. They may wedgie, whack and put eachother in plaster beds but they are always friends no matter how much pain and embarassment they may cause eachother. I think this is my favorite part of this comic. Sinner's life may be crumbling because he can't find his bucket and he thinks Hinckley took it, but they still are okay to play on the slide together. Their friendship is ultimately deeper than the bucket...although the bucket is still pretty high on the list. stay tuned...Thanks again for your honest feedback and nice compliments.

Ras-balanced nutrition is important, eat your lunch! *wub*

copmike-you are whacky!! *wub* Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Great work once again. I agree with ImperialShadows on that I didn't like this one quite as much as the first, but this one was still very funny. I loved the part with the slingshot, and when you slide back down, leaving a trail of blood.

One thing I'm not sure I liked was how it cut between scenes with a "later that week", etc. I think sometimes you could just leave that out, because if it's obvious that's it later, you don't need to have small panal just to say that it is.

Thanks SD *wub* I love the later placards! I think they're hilarious and they remind me of cheesy comic book hero tv shows and comics I read as a kid. I will put more in for you, since you like them so much! :-D

Again you have done a great job with this comic! I like everything, from the charming humour to the clever building techniques.

It's so fun to see EB's community represented in a comic!

But.. |-/ (And there's a big butt )

Don't you ever make fun of Timmy!

Timmy rules! ..And you're hurting my retarded feelings..

TIMM-AAAY On

Thanks UB, I'm glad you like your inclusion :-D :-D :-D

I still think it'd be a good idea to have an all-EB-sigfig bar brawl.

Thanks MM! Of course, I agree we should have a brawl.

I don't know what they're talking about, I enjoyed this issue significantly more than the first! Something to do with the cast I think...

Anyway I definitely loved the sling-shotting into the wall part, and the explanation of the full-body cast

As for my role, funny enough I end up in that real-life role with my friends. In fact I'm often called in as "Justin the negotiator" whenever there are fights or problems. I think that's about five levels under "ze ultimate negotiator" though, right Copmike? The advice was brilliant though, so brilliant I have no idea what it means! Love the inclusion of the cat pics though

I'm starting to feel really bad for Sinner, I mean the poor guy is in deep withdrawal already

Yes!!! I'm glad you liked it! I didn't want to give it away for you, but I love having you as a radio call-in host. I hope those kitties come in handy in the future too! You are definitely the gentle arm negotiatior, copmike (in the comic anyway) is the strong arm negotiator. Your character relations may go deeper than we've seen though, SW4J, you may have a past with one or more of the characters...

>:-( More sympathy for the walrus, huh? They kicked my megablocks in the first one and people still feel sorry for the cute walrus. Sheesh! I can't win. I think I'm going to turn Hinckley into this adorable goat:

hinckley39_adorable.jpg

Then maybe there'll be some outcry when I get beat on! |-/

Thanks to everyone for all the nice comments and feedback! Stay tuned. Issue three will be out shortly.

Hinckley- How did you make the face for your post-wall trauma? That could become a signature EB head. :-P :-D

Thanks SD. I love the later placards! I think they're hilarious and they remind me of cheesy comic book hero tv shows and comics I read as a kid. I will put more in for you, since you like them so much! :-D

It is nice to know you are thinking of me. *wub*

Hinckley- How did you make the face for your post-wall trauma? That could become a signature EB head. :-P :-D

Photoshop and decals

There will be more in the next episode. I just made a file entitled hinckley_whacked_face.png :-D I'd tell you some of the other file names but I don't want to give a way too much of the "plot"

It is nice to know you are thinking of me. *wub*

Of course! You are one of my favorites *wub* I miss hanging out with your tile scroll. I will always remember a few days after my hernia surgery hanging onto my kitchen table with one hand and pounding it with other talking with you, 007 and iz in the ice cube tray thread...

Of course! You are one of my favorites *wub* I miss hanging out with your tile scroll. I will always remember a few days after my hernia surgery hanging onto my kitchen table with one hand and pounding it with other talking with you, 007 and iz in the ice cube tray thread...

Aww. You're making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. *wub*

I'm glad you like hanging out with my tile scroll, although I'm probably going to change my avatar again soon... maybe I can put it in my signature for you. :-P

Very amusing and sooo funny.

It still amazes me you can make this as a hobby.

Great work. Keep them coming ;-)

A very nice improvement. I particularly like SW4J's role! And the nice easy transition from frame to frame...

God Bless,

Nathan

Hinckley these are just utter classics! Clam cream! I *wub* it dont worry Sinner i would buy some ;-)

I loved the sling shot and sinners sort of train-bed thing, the co-stars where great and copmike continues to

entertain! I can't wait until the next episode!

The interior sets are different.

I thought so. I found it hard enough to get enough light inside the tugboat to take that last photo! :-P

I also do not have kids to take care of and support :-/

Well, my youngest is going to school full time next year so my time will be improving soon! *sweet*

>:-( More sympathy for the walrus, huh? They kicked my megablocks in the first one and people still feel sorry for the cute walrus. Sheesh! I can't win. I think I'm going to turn Hinckley into this adorable goat:

Just imagine how it will be if I Bricklink myself some cute eyes! My power shall be limitless! X-O

I will always remember a few days after my hernia surgery hanging onto my kitchen table with one hand and pounding it with other talking with you, 007 and iz in the ice cube tray thread...

Well that's a little inappropriate :-|

Your character relations may go deeper than we've seen though, SW4J, you may have a past with one or more of the characters...

8-

Edited by Starwars4J

Well that's a little inappropriate :-|

:-| Is everything I say perverted?

It's still not a walrus :-|

>:-( Fine!

Introducing Hinckley39's new sig-fig!!

hinckley39_walrus_envy.jpg

Aren't I adorable? *wub* Look! I have my lollipop. I love lollipops! I'd do anything for one. And look, there's my favorite blue cup! Don't take my favorite blue cup. It would make me vewy sad :'-( You wouldn't want to make the poor cute walrus sad, would you? If someone whacked me, you'd be outraged, right?

Uh-oh. My walrus envy is showing :-$

:-| Is everything I say perverted?

>:-( Fine!

Introducing Hinckley39's new sig-fig!!

hinckley39_walrus_envy.jpg

Aren't I adorable? *wub* Look! I have my lollipop. I love lollipops! I'd do anything for one. And look, there's my favorite blue cup! Don't take my favorite blue cup. It would make me vewy sad :'-( You wouldn't want to make the poor cute walrus sad, would you? If someone whacked me, you'd be outraged, right?

Uh-oh. My walrus envy is showing :-$

Should I mention the Freudian symbolism behind lollipops? >:-) >:-) >:-)