Sign in to follow this  
Lord Tyrus

[SoNE ep. VI] Why didn't I take a boat?!

After flying around the galaxy for just over a month, Imperial Survey Corps soldier, Lord Tyrus, had finally been told he might have some luck in delivering his 'thank you' message on Mon Calamari. He had absolutely no idea why. Who (apart from the natives, of course) would want to go to that planet? A ball of rock covered to every inch in water.

The only way to travel across the planet to the few and far between floating cities was either by boat or by submarine. Apparently speeders didn't work as the repulsorlifts couldn't repel properly on water, but he highly doubted that, as he'd driven his old speeder across lakes on his home planet. That seemed like a lifetime ago. Now he hardly remembered it. He wanted to actually see something other than water so he hired a mini-sub from a Mon Calamari dealer, just by the floating landing platform he landed his shuttle on, to try and see some underwater fauna.

15155831701_47dd3bb470_z.jpg

That particular sub had large, ovoid windows on either side of it with a good view of the wildlife.

15158417432_0594c1d0e2_z.jpg

He checked the distance from the closest city on the range-finder by the window that enabled him to get the necessary data he needed, without having to go to the main cockpit. There was only a few hours before they got there. He sighed. By speeder, he could go more that 5 times the 50 kph the sub could manage.

14972226777_9b1f284d43_z.jpg

He didn't bother to ask the Stormtrooper behind him why he was waving. He had got fed up with them after just 10 standard minutes with them. By now, he had just decided to pretend they weren't there, which he would have given an arm and a leg for it to be true.

14972253117_227231c6bd_z.jpg

If had looked around, he would have seen trooper 27491 swimming around desperately, trying to escape the jaw of a shark. Trooper 44783, seemed to have not noticed the shark and was just waving at him.

Lord Tyrus sighed again. He was nearly at the city now, he just hoped Fett was still there...

And a bonus picture:

15155808861_b0774ea300_z.jpg

And for the rest of the story, look below... :look:

Beautifully built! I like your take on the planet and I like the continuation of your story. Can't wait to see what the dumb troopers do next!

Hahaha, nice story! And great entry, very well made

Great idea!

Thanks!

Beautifully built! I like your take on the planet and I like the continuation of your story. Can't wait to see what the dumb troopers do next!

Well the story does continue! I think mine's the only Mon Calamari entry without blue studs in it!

Very good entry, I like everything - background, windows, pipes ... And of course as usual, nice story!

An outstanding build. Nice combination of interior and exterior props !

Thank you two!

Edited by Lord Tyrus

I like the way it really feels like looking through that window it is underwater without using any blue, and the storyline is great

I like the way it really feels like looking through that window it is underwater without using any blue, and the storyline is great

Well I don't actually have that many blue studs, so I had to think out of the box.