Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

2015 LEGO City Sets

Click for more high-resolution images on flickr.

Mesonak has discovered that Exoforce.ru, a reliable LEGO shopping site, has posted the 2015 Bionicle set list- or at least a rumored one. Checking their blog, I found that they also listed a rumored set list for 2015 LEGO City Police! Take a look at the translated list:

60065 Police ATV

60066 Police Transport Hovercraft

60067 Police Helicopter

60068 Crook Shelter

60069 Water Police

60071 Police Chase on Transport Hovercraft

http://www.exoforce....et-lego-policia

60081 Tow Truck

60082 [Great Vehicle]

60083 Snowblower

60084 [Great Vehicle]

60085 [Great Vehicle]

60088 Fire Starter Kit

60072 Beginner's Demolition

60073 Truck breakdown

60074 Bulldozer

60075 Excavator and Truck

60076 Demolition

http://www.exoforce....arktika-novinka

Edited by just2good

Yay more police. :sceptic: The hovercraft sound interesting though. It's been a while since the last one, even if it wasn't that great of a set IMO :classic:

This goes to prove that Lego City is part of a police state :laugh:

But different angle......water police ?

Please I hope for more Great Vehicles Lego and some more buildings.......may there be more structures for the crooks to rob.

Edit - thinking about it, they could of done something original in the police area.......police rescue......why do the fire fighters and coast guard do all the rescuing ?

Edited by lightningtiger

If there are new customers for police sets every couple of years, why not change the color scheme from time to time? I really liked the dark blue of the special police forces and here is hope for anything else than white and bright blue. Anything, really...

I don't know about you all. But I'm breathless in anticipation for "60068 Shelter Fraudster".

If there are new customers for police sets every couple of years, why not change the color scheme from time to time? I really liked the dark blue of the special police forces and here is hope for anything else than white and bright blue. Anything, really...

Police colors do shift and change over time. If you look police in most of the older sets drove classic Black and White vehicles.

This goes to prove that Lego City is part of a police state :laugh:

But different angle......water police ?

Please I hope for more Great Vehicles Lego and some more buildings.......may there be more structures for the crooks to rob.

Edit - thinking about it, they could of done something original in the police area.......police rescue......why do the fire fighters and coast guard do all the rescuing ?

C'mon! You know you all were thinking it...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095882/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_43

CITY release pattern:

Police

Fire

Police

Police

This doesn't even belong in the city

Fire

Fire

Police

Fire

Something mildly interesting

Police

Repeat

Everything is awesome!

Meanwhile, it has long been since we've had this decade's interpretation of 6561 (but thanks L@go), 6543, any decent Gas station that is of 6472's scale. I'm not even asking for "AFOL themed" buildings like restaurants or stores (unfortunately that's covered by Friends already, and a certain $150+ line). Guess building a police state is what the kids are up to nowadays :sceptic: But we can't even have a decent Fast-and-Furious style underground racing bit if they so like releasing Police sets every year (too realistically criminal?)

I can't fault Lego *too much* for making an abundance of Cops and Fire sets. Their primary market is kids (specifically boys), and they need to keep marketing to the new kids who come into collecting when the older ones get out of the hobby. Boys want cops and "action" stuff. If you collect Star Wars action figures, you'll know that Hasbro has released the same Darth Vader action figures nonstop for years. Why? Because they sell, and kids want Vader. Rereleases = $$$.

It's not pretty for City expansionists, but it's how it goes. If they haven't made a new vehicle you want, save your money for the next Modular.

I wonder if we'll see a return of Chase McCain ?

That Nat Geo doco from a few years back said that the police sets are the best sellers......pity as I have said before give the crooks somewhere to rob.....not just blasted hideaways.

They must assume that everyone doesn't have any of the previous sets......my guess that's all hence the reason for so much police action in Lego City.

They did a museum robbery a while back and also a bank robbery before that.

Interesting fact: Every year of LEGO city since the beginning has had at least one set containing a fire helicopter or police helicopter.

I dont mind police and fire sets either, they can be good parts packs :)

Edited by jonwil

Eh, I'll hold judgement till pictures surface.

Lego, please give us more buildings!

I agree, wait until the pictures arrive, I am getting a little tired of just police though. The service station idea was a good one, I am working on one right now...hospital sets would be interesting to see....oh well time will tell. :classic:

Edited by Jody Meyer

How about a compromise? They could do a gas station with a crook and motorcycle cop. The crook could pump his has and leave without paying and the cop can bust him/her for pump piracy.

Kids love cops AND pirates. ;-)

Kids love cops AND pirates. ;-)

Don't forget about Ninjas...haha.

The police sets sound interesting. They had a police boat in 2010, guess a hovercraft upgrade would be cool. The funding for the police in Lego City must be huge! I would also like to see some pics. I do hope they aren't changing the police uniform again. We just had the Elite Police sets and jumped to the New York style uniform this year.

I would expect another great vehicles line up. I thankfully just completed my collection, even managed to score a Fire Boat after it retired at WalMart last week.

So no one has any ideas on what the new sub theme for City will be?

Edited by Wodanis

So no one has any ideas on what the new sub theme for City will be?

Not really sure.

I've hearddddddddddddddd it will be construction with a side of snow from my peeps. Don't tell anyone, though. :moar:

I think City only ever really was intended at its core to be just police and firemen related.

The other themes help complete the 'city': houses from creator line, various cool vehicles from super heroes etc, interesting structures from other themes(monster fighters etc). And that's just for kids. Add modulars, winter village etc for adults and I think you can safely say Lego provides through their various themes more than enough great sets to build a whole city.

And finally we shouldn't forget that they do actually also include other simpler structures in the City theme (e.g. a museum) and vehicles (e.g. trash van) as well. Which by my reasoning about the City theme is pretty alien.

Think about it: if the did not call their Police and Firemen theme 'City', what would they call it then? Lego Police (without the space ;-) sounds rather imposing and Lego Bankrobbers rather threatening...

Just another thought (in a way off topic but hell - lego is meant to be mixed together): when will we start seeing Friends Police, Firemen and crooks? In lovely pink and purple -;) Or does this just confirm my reasoning above?

(sigh) Really?!?!?

I think I need to convert my latest MOC to a doughnut shop so all these cops will have a place to eat.

(sigh) Really?!?!?

I think I need to convert my latest MOC to a doughnut shop so all these cops will have a place to eat.

one doughnut shop? you better get more of them then ;)

Yay! More police! Why not less civilian sets when you're at it?

Seriously, I get it, police sells well and Lego needs to make money. But I still hope we'll see more civilian sets.

I think City only ever really was intended at its core to be just police and firemen related. The other themes help complete the 'city'

That sounds about right. I guess if you grew up in a certain age, the huge difference between Town and City is stark, but now Lego has so many themes that it has to streamline around the most popular sub-themes for the city, and fill in the gaps as best it can. (And as much as I'd like to argue things were 'different back then', I recall my own small Lego town was dominated by 588-1 and 6382-1, frequently saving a block of flats from surprisingly aggressive laser attacks by 885.)

Thank you very much for this information, just2good! :classic:

I'm really surprised to see that we'll get another Police subtheme - it seems like Water Police.

In principle that makes sense since we very supposably will get a new harbor theme in summer 2015. (2017-2011-2015).

I'm curious which third theme we'll get. I bet for a construction site (the last one was released in 2009 and the mining theme was in 2012).

Nevertheless I hope that we'll get some Great Vehicles and even some exclusive civilian set(s), too. Otherwise City is really getting a boring theme for me although it's in principle the one I like the most.

Klaus-Dieter