sdrnet

MOC: Winter Village Farm

I present my latest creation, a new MOC that will become part of the new version of my Winter Village 2013-2014: a Winter Farm!

10524284895_bfb21cebee_c.jpg

This is the first of 3 large buildings that I have in mind to achieve for the new diorama.

The farm was a building must-have for my village and it was a great effort designing it and make it happen.

Given its size and the use of detailed parts, the building is composed of about 2700 pieces including accessories.

Currently it is the largest building that I built for my Village and was bound to have some important dimensions to be able to contain all that I had in mind.

The usual challenge that I face every time is to be able to do something that is linear and in harmony with the rest of the village and

although it is larger than almost all other buildings are still managed to keep it in the right scale.

It had to be made almost entirely "wood" and then I played on two main colors: black and brown (in the two shades).

The shape of the farm and in particular the roof were made basing on a famous photo of Moulton Ranch (Grand Teton National Park) (see image below).

moulton_ranch.jpg

The most complex part in fact has been the realization of the roof.

I managed with some parts technic to realize the structure of the roof in such a way that would allow me to have the barn free of any pole or bearing wall. The two sides of the roof rests on the floor of the lift-arm through which discharge the weight in such a way as not to burden the central plate that he could not hold all without a double point of support. The structure that I created also allows you to open the roof (by removing two axle) more comfortably and make any adjustments.

10524336746_1fbdfd023b_c.jpg

The interior of the farmhouse is composed of the cowshed, a further barn for horses and goats, a kitchen where the factor (and his daughter) can stay, eat, warm up with its wood burning stove and sell cheeses produces.

Under the roof of the farm is instead a barn that is used as a spare winter to feed the animals.

A light with a button hidden in the straw allows you to illuminate the barn below.

The barn and the entire roof is removable to view more details of the stables and the kitchen.

As you can see from the pictures, to complete the farm I also created a hen house and a fence for the pigs.

In all, the farm is composed of:

2 minifigs (the farmer and his daughter), 2 cows, 2 goats, 2 horses, 3 pigs, 8 chickens, 1 cat, 1 rat, 1 spider!

Front-sx view:

10524328554_347cf87559_c.jpg

Rear view and interior:

10524332736_61696491dc_c.jpg

The interior details:

10524325215_16993b7c76_c.jpg

The accessories:

10524380004_9df6c5901a_c.jpg

More images in the Flickr gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49191153@N08/sets/72157637025898574/with/10524328554/

Comments are welcome!

Woooooow!

Love that!

Your MOC is really great! There is a plenty of good ideas everywhere in your MOC!

The design of any part is great! Like your upper floor with straw, the ground fllor with all the stables weel organized! And your Coop!!! Really nice!

Great work sdrnet!!!!!

Excellent MOC'ing there 'sdrnet'.......those pigs might get a little cold eh ? :wink:

I :wub: the structure and all it detailing on the inside.......Brick On 'sdrnet' ! :grin:

that looks stunning!!! great job!!! Hope LEGO will have a good look at it for next year ;)

Holy wow! What a MOC!!!! I love that roof :wub: and loved seeing how you made it too! The details of the interior are fantastic and exterior details are just as good. Lots of animals and accessories and I think my favourite feature is the hen house, very cute :sweet:

Great MOCing and happy building to you! :laugh:

Damiano, you made such an impressive MOC!

Very very good! Clever building, nice details!

This is great... so cosey, warm and it has that christmassy look :cry_happy: !! It is original and you should be able to use it for the wintervillage contest Winter 2013-2014!!!

It is original and you should be able to use it for the wintervillage contest Winter 2013-2014!!!

Thank you very much for the compliments!

I thought about it, but unfortunately I think it is a building too large compared to the standard required by the competition.

Superb Moc! You've managed to squeeze a lot of character out of a restricted color-palette. And that interior is really well done.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

What a stunning looking build!

I love the weathered effect and the overall shape, it's very true to the original.

Great work!

Truly stunning. Your management of structure and color must have taken you a lot of time. You have built something you should be very proud of.

Wonderful farm building! I love the interior.

WOW! What a great recreation of the real barn with the color scheme and so many little tiles. That is a ton of pieces!

And the interior is very sharp with no central supports needed. Cool!

Awesome!! The weathered timber effect you've created is just perfect, as is the attention to detail. I particularly love the barn doors and the hay loft. I also like the details in the kitchen such as the stove and the framed flower picture.

I'm constantly amazed by the MOCers here on Eurobricks, how you always seem to be impressive and original. This is really a great MOC. There are so many great details here, some were mentioned in the posts above me- but my personal favorite are the cobwebs under the roof. I like it because I thought it would be hilarious if a Lego spider would crawl on your fingers while you lifted the roof up... Sort of pushing the boundaries- out of the diorama and into the real world.

Yes, I've gone into a philosophical mode... :blush:

That is an awesome build. Great techniques used and very lifelike. i like the coseyness of the kitchen.

Edited by Hobbythom

I really love this! :wub: I would definitely vote for it on Cuusoo and would buy it if it were available! (and if I had the money!)