Masked Builder

Jedi Temple Mafia - Day One

IMG_0746.jpg

Yoda walks into the main temple room and sighs. He knows what he must do.

IMG_0747.jpg

As Commander Gree walks in with the body he speaks. "Found this dead Jedi we have. Murdered he was. Find the killers you must. Among us they are, waiting to kill all."

IMG_0748.jpg

The other Jedi look around at each other in silence.

IMG_0749.jpg

And wonder just who the killers are...

gallery_5203_163_3547.pnggallery_5203_163_3547.pnggallery_5203_163_3547.pnggallery_5203_163_3547.png

Players:

IMG_0691-1.jpgIMG_0723.jpg

Yoda and Commander Gree (NPCs) - Played By Masked Builder And K-Nut

IMG_0722.jpg

R2-D2 - fhomess

IMG_0721.jpg

C-3PO - Brickdoctor

IMG_0720.jpg

Hugar Ssiht - badboytje88

IMG_0719.jpg

Coryn Kelens - Tamamono

IMG_0718.jpg

Ithra Srryn - Macoco

IMG_0717.jpg

Roron Corobb - Flipz

IMG_0716.jpg

Ili Seosty - Sisco

IMG_0715.jpg

Foul Moudama - Kadabra

IMG_0714.jpg

Euna Iladru - Jedi master Brick

IMG_0713.jpg

Voolvif Monn - JackJonespaw

IMG_0712.jpg

Barriss Offee - Scorpiox

IMG_0711.jpg

Plo Koon - TheBoyWonder

IMG_0710.jpg

Anakin Skywalker - Swils

IMG_0709.jpg

Kit Fisto - ADHO15

IMG_0708.jpg

Shaak Ti - Flare

IMG_0707.jpg

Eeth Koth - Alex the Great

IMG_0706.jpg

Luminara Unduli - Peanuts

IMG_0705.jpg

Saesee Tiin - Zakura

IMG_0704.jpg

Quinlan Vos - VolanicPanik

IMG_0699.jpg

Ahsoka Tano - MacK

IMG_0697.jpg

Aayla Secura - Darth Nihilus

IMG_0696.jpg

Ki-Adi Mundi - Dannylonglegs

IMG_0695.jpg

Nahdar Vebb - Scubacarrot

IMG_0694.jpg

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Palathadric

IMG_0693.jpg

Mace Windu - Nightshroud99

Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the
Jedi
or the
Sith
. To win the game, the
Jedi
must kill off all the
Sith
, while the
Sith
need to outnumber the
Jedi
Third-Party (neutral)
characters have their own win conditions as outlined in their roles.

2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format;
Vote: Character (Player)
. You don't get to unvote your vote, you only get one shot. No other format will be accepted. A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote will be lynched. Voting is mandatory. Failure to vote will incur a vote penalty the following game day.

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day.

5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes all the details of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.

6. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.

7. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on.

8. You may not edit your posts.

9. You must post in every day thread.

10. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host via PM.

11. Violation of the above rules will result in a 5 vote penalty against you on your first offense, and the death of your character on your second offense.

Voting will begin in 24 hours.

Oh my!

Master Jedi, must we kill off each other? Can we not explore each others' minds by manipulating energy fields that I don't understand? Oh, dear me, I've just given a typical unhelpful comment on Day 1. But, I suppose the conversation has to be started somehow. :sceptic:

We're doomed.

"This is a grave tragedy. I mourn for our bretheren's life with all of you. Or at least, all of you EXCEPT the Sithspawn responsible for his death."

"I must say, I know almost all of you, but Hugar Ssiht, Coryn Kelens, Ithra Srryn, Ili Seosty, and Euna Iladru are all totally unfamiliar to me. Perhaps you would like to explain a bit about yourselves? A Jedi does not fear what they do not know, but I cannot believe any of my Jedi bretheren would be capable of this."

Well this certainly is unexpected how could the Sith infiltrate the Jedi Temple?

I am appalled at the death of this poor Jedi, and I am even more worried by the implications of his death. It is certain that someone or ones among us now are responsible for his demise? No outside force could be responsible? This is a great tragedy, and it weighs heavily on my hearts and massive forhead.

I don't understand what could bring one to murder a Jedi. Why are the Sith infiltrating the temple? We must find them.

Ahsoka, you must understand that it is not the Sith that have infiltrated our temple, it is the Sith influence, and it festers from within, with some of our own having turned from The Order. We should strike quickly before they can take any more innocent lives, but... who? :wacko:

This iz grave news. We must act upon it, without anger of course. I do feel sorrow for this poor man's death, but we all must remember the Code's final line:

"There is no death...there is the Force."

May the Force be with us all, most especially him. :sadnew:

Ahsoka, you must understand that it is not the Sith that have infiltrated our temple, it is the Sith influence, and it festers from within, with some of our own having turned from The Order. We should strike quickly before they can take any more innocent lives, but... who? :wacko:

"I would suspect one who is young, and inexperienced, one easily swayed by the seductive lure of power offered by the Dark Side. One much like yourself...just kidding! No, I have my suspicions, but only time, meditation, and honest discussion will confirm or deny them."

Oh no, this is horrible! :cry_sad: Master Ssiht, is it really possible that the Sith have influenced several members of the Order? It saddens me to think that any of our Jedi brethren would really betray us and go over to the Dark Side.

"I must say, I know almost all of you, but Hugar Ssiht, Coryn Kelens, Ithra Srryn, Ili Seosty, and Euna Iladru are all totally unfamiliar to me. Perhaps you would like to explain a bit about yourselves? A Jedi does not fear what they do not know, but I cannot believe any of my Jedi bretheren would be capable of this."

My my, Master Corobb, I'd have thought that you of all people would know that identity makes little difference in a matter such as this. :look: Everyone knows that the lure of the Dark Side can be too much for even the most experienced Jedi Masters in a moment of weakness.

"No, I have my suspicions, but only time, meditation, and honest discussion will confirm or deny them."

You have your 'suspicions' already - only several minutes since Master Yoda announced this tragedy? :look: Please do share your great insight with us.

" No, I have my suspicions, but only time, meditation, and honest discussion will confirm or deny them."

You have suspicions already? I certainly hope you're looking at more than the cover of the hologram, and not arriving at your thoughts by judging appearances. I trust that a Jedi such as yourself would not come too hastily to conclusions. What matters now is within the hearts of our fellow Jedi, and their actions.

Master Corobb, why must you be so quick to accuse your fellow Jedi? I suggest meditating on this unfortunate death before openly accusing those who you have trained and fought with.

My my, Master Corobb, I'd have thought that you of all people would know that identity makes little difference in a matter such as this. :look: Everyone knows that the lure of the Dark Side can be too much for even the most experienced Jedi Masters in a moment of weakness.

"Please do not misunderstand, I simply am annoyed that Wookieepedia has failed me surprised I don't already know where you're from curious as to your history. My history is available to all on Wookieepedia in the Archives, but yours was not. That is all. :wink: "

You have your 'suspicions' already - only several minutes since Master Yoda announced this tragedy? :look: Please do share your great insight with us.

"Perhaps 'suspicions' was the incorrect term, I simply mean there are those of us here I would be less likely to trust, initially, than others. Those of us with 'silver tongues', as I believe humans say. For now, it speaks more to metagaming my own paranoia than to any solid suspicion of wrongdoing. I hope this has cleared things up."

I think it's rather evident that Master Corobb with that statement was merely trying to find something to start a conversation with. Other than looking for clues in what we know to be ridiculous places, in most situations there's not much else to talk about other than that which is either roleplaying or metagaming. Starting a conversation will allow us to analyze each others' behavior and statements to try to find the Scum, so, however absurd Master Corobb's statement is considering what we know of these situations, it is, in fact, beneficial to the Town.

Thank you for the insight Sky guy. I agree we'll need to strike hard and fast, but I doubt it is as easy as simply reviewing security footage from around the temple.

Gee Yoda sure seems like a hard megablocks, considering that he wants us to vote somebody off before any real intelligence can be gathered. Hopefully somebody will slip up, and make that an easy decision. But in the event that doesn’t happen I would like to point out that if nobody votes we won’t have to vote anybody off today. If I've interpreted the rules correctly we'd all be given 5 penalty votes tomorrow. Of course we could only ever not vote once, and it is based off of the assumption that we will have made new insights by tomorrow, but it may be better than blindly voting somebody off today.

Any thoughts?

Master Corobb, why must you be so quick to accuse your fellow Jedi? I suggest meditating on this unfortunate death before openly accusing those who you have trained and fought with.

So you suggest that we do nothing and just think about all this, doing nothing to help each other develop our suspicions, doing nothing to communicate with each other, and just waiting for a suspect to pop up out of thin air? :sceptic: There may be not much to go on, but that can't possibly be helpful for the Town.

Thank you for the insight Sky guy. I agree we'll need to strike hard and fast, but I doubt it is as easy as simply reviewing security footage from around the temple.

Gee Yoda sure seems like a hard megablocks, considering that he wants us to vote somebody off before any real intelligence can be gathered. Hopefully somebody will slip up, and make that an easy decision. But in the event that doesn’t happen I would like to point out that if nobody votes we won’t have to vote anybody off today. If I've interpreted the rules correctly we'd all be given 5 penalty votes tomorrow. Of course we could only ever not vote once, and it is based off of the assumption that we will have made new insights by tomorrow, but it may be better than blindly voting somebody off today.

Any thoughts?

"Although I am hesitant to invoke any situation that might involve penalty votes, that may simply be my own past biasing my opinion on the situation. How many of us are there again? How many votes would it take to lynch someone tomorrow if they already have 5 penalty votes on their head? Depending on the number of Sith who have infiltrated the Temple, they may be able to hammer us even this early, and we must deprive them of that weapon if it is at all possible. Although, it may prove useful..."

Any thoughts?

I think we'd be better off drawing a tie, shy of a majority-split. If someone tries to tip the scales at the end of the day, it'll paint a target on their forehead for tomorrow (though the target may be a bit larger to accommodate the canvas that Ki-Adi's head provides!). Plus, the day is young, I'm sure someone will slip up. They always do!

"Upon further calculation, there are twenty-five of us. If one of us is killed tonight, that will leave twenty-four, meaning thirteen of us would have to vote in order to lynch. If all of us had five penalty votes, then it would still take eight people to lynch--I sincerely hope there are not that many Sith among us, and that if there are, they would not all be united as one. Therefore, Ahsoka, your plan of us all not lynching is indeed viable, at least in theory. However, it would also deny the rest of us any opportunity to observe voting patterns tomorrow, letting the Sith scum hide in silence. Therefore I believe this plan to be too dangerous to execute."

I think we'd be better off drawing a tie, shy of a majority-split. If someone tries to tip the scales at the end of the day, it'll paint a target on their forehead for tomorrow (though the target may be a bit larger to accommodate the canvas that Ki-Adi's head provides!). Plus, the day is young, I'm sure someone will slip up. They always do!

"Perhaps, though it would be possible for two Jedi to speak at the same time and tip the scales one way or the other purely by accident. As I said, it is indeed a good plan, but it is simply too little of a reward for too great a risk."

"Please do not misunderstand, I simply am annoyed that Wookieepedia has failed me surprised I don't already know where you're from curious as to your history. My history is available to all on Wookieepedia in the Archives, but yours was not. That is all. :wink: "

Once again, identity and history are insignificant in a situation such as this. Whether I'm from Kashyyyk, Dantooine, or even Mustafar has no bearing on my allegiance.

If it was simply curiosity, I'd be more than happy to tell you a little bit about myself.

"Perhaps 'suspicions' was the incorrect term, I simply mean there are those of us here I would be less likely to trust, initially, than others. Those of us with 'silver tongues', as I believe humans say. For now, it speaks more to metagaming my own paranoia than to any solid suspicion of wrongdoing. I hope this has cleared things up."

Please do keep in mind that the fact that someone has had a 'silver tongue' in the past does not automatically make them a Sith. Sure, I can understand if you'd be wary of them if they were making a ludicrous claim, but you shouldn't be paranoid of people before they even do anything suspicious.

Now now, I'm sure he wasn't accusing anyone per se. As a matter of fact, getting the ball rolling is something that definitely needs doing this early in the situation. However, Master Corobb's actions have been pretty blatant metagaming paranoia, and no good can come of that.

Gee Yoda sure seems like a hard megablocks, considering that he wants us to vote somebody off before any real intelligence can be gathered. Hopefully somebody will slip up, and make that an easy decision.

Ahsoka, surely you must know that there's an incredibly low chance of a Sith slipping up this early. No, if we want to convict a Sith today, we'll have to find them ourselves.

But in the event that doesn’t happen I would like to point out that if nobody votes we won’t have to vote anybody off today. If I've interpreted the rules correctly we'd all be given 5 penalty votes tomorrow. Of course we could only ever not vote once, and it is based off of the assumption that we will have made new insights by tomorrow, but it may be better than blindly voting somebody off today.

Oh no, not this discussion. :hmpf: I can't speak for the rest of the Temple, but I am definitely voting today. We won't learn anything if we don't take action.

Ahsoka, surely you must know that there's an incredibly low chance of a Sith slipping up this early. No, if we want to convict a Sith today, we'll have to find them ourselves.

Indeed.

Seriously, we've barely been at this, and some of you are already discussing not voting. :sceptic: The least you guys could do is give it a day few hours or so to see how people are behaving (not saying anything counts as behavior, by the way) before you discuss not lynching someone. Some of you seem to want to just wait for a suspect to fall into your hands. It doesn't work that way.

W.T.F? :wacko: First off, the tie would not have to be broken, because the first person to reach the number of votes to be tied would be lynched. No-one would benefit from that but the Scum. Also, your logic is faulty in that only a scum would try to break a tie. For example, what if an investigator got a result on one of the lynchees, but doesn't want to reveal themselves? If they don't break the tie, a Scum might not get lynched. If they do, as you say, "a target will be painted on their forehead the next day". It's a lose-lose situation.

You, sir, seem awfully scummy for the "Chosen One". We'll see if you continue this way.

Once again, identity and history are insignificant in a situation such as this. Whether I'm from Kashyyyk, Dantooine, or even Mustafar has no bearing on my allegiance.

If it was simply curiosity, I'd be more than happy to tell you a little bit about myself.

"It is indeed simply curiosity. I can't call myself a proper Star Wars nerd if I can't recognize your character. Also, because your name (and the names of the others) are not in the Archives, I do not know whether to address you as 'Masters,' 'Jedi,' or 'young ones,' something I find embarassing and uncomfortable. I'm a Jedi Master, I should know this stuff, blast it! :laugh: " *I laugh, the sound strange and echoey due to my four throats.*

Please do keep in mind that the fact that someone has had a 'silver tongue' in the past does not automatically make them a Sith. Sure, I can understand if you'd be wary of them if they were making a ludicrous claim, but you shouldn't be paranoid of people before they even do anything suspicious.

Now now, I'm sure he wasn't accusing anyone per se. As a matter of fact, getting the ball rolling is something that definitely needs doing this early in the situation. However, Master Corobb's actions have been pretty blatant metagaming paranoia, and no good can come of that.

"I understand your position. Perhaps it is a case of...what it the Human phrase? 'Once burned, twice shy?' Regardless, I will attempt to be equally paranoid of everyone going forward."

Also, your logic is faulty in that only a scum would try to break a tie.

No, not on Day One. If we decided to set up a tie (nevermind how stupid it would be to do that or the technical problems that arise if you try to do that in a situation that doesn't require a majority vote, as you point out), the Scum wouldn't break it because to do so would cause all the suspicion to fall on them if the lynched being turned out to be Town the next Day. It's Day One; the Scum won't gain much by getting rid of just one Townie. (which is not to say that they wouldn't love to do so, but it doesn't help them that much at this point if they have to risk sacrificing one of their own to do it) They'll know to just leave us alone and laugh at our inaction and confusion.

W.T.F? :wacko: First off, the tie would not have to be broken, because the first person to reach the number of votes to be tied would be lynched. No-one would benefit from that but the Scum. Also, your logic is faulty in that only a scum would try to break a tie. For example, what if an investigator got a result on one of the lynchees, but doesn't want to reveal themselves? If they don't break the tie, a Scum might not get lynched. If they do, as you say, "a target will be painted on their forehead the next day". It's a lose-lose situation.

You, sir, seem awfully scummy for the "Chosen One". We'll see if you continue this way.

So quick to jump on me, you're lucky I don't cut off your strange little pigtails right here, Aayla, and see whose side you're on. At least that'd get us somewhere.

A majority vote is required to lynch a player. The player with the most votes will be lynched. In the case of a tie, the first to achieve their vote will be lynched.

Now, I may be mistaken, and if I am, then I will retract my previous comment. However, I do believe I noted that, if we were to pursue that course of action, we should do so shy of a majority-split, so that, even with a tie, no one would have reached a clear majority-vote. Although, re-reading it now, I am confused by the existence of both a requirement of a majority vote, and simply "the one with the most votes", as the two seem to conflict.

In the event that someone stumbles across some important information mid-day, I'm not sure how you would have them bring it up, anyway, without immediately drawing attention to themselves. Additionally, let's assume that we sit at a tie of 12-12-1, and your supposed investigator decides to change their vote at the end, making it 11-13-1. That's a majority, and come tomorrow, if the investigator's judgment was not clouded, then we will have gotten a Sith lynched. If, however, someone were to switch that same vote, but tomorrow we find that we have lynched an innocent member of our Order, then we can start in on that person's reasoning for having switched their vote.