Sign in to follow this  
Halhi 141

[Ch IV, Cat B] A World Torn Apart

19122674959_135651d72c_c.jpg

Before the war, life in the isle of Morkerna was simple. Everyone lived peacefully, and the town was reasonably safe. And I was innocent. I was a young girl with few worries. I was happy.

Isolated as it is, I had hoped that the war wouldn't affect Morkerna much. Indeed, at first, it seemed as though life would go on as normal.

But the war affects everyone, and avoiding it can only delay its effects. The impact was subtle at first: a few men gone to battle, an old knight killed. But as time went on, the war began to change Morkerna even more. The atmosphere became tense; nobody felt safe, and it seemed like a fight could break out any minute. People that I knew began to be killed. Life had changed.

17052671926_ce4c4de65e_c.jpg

After a month, I realized that I needed to do something. One day, I saw children walking down a road pushing a catapult, preparing to fight. When I returned home that night, I found my parents dead, killed by supporters of the Desert King. That was when I realized that if I didn't get involved in the war, everyone would be changed for the worse. I joined the armies of Ulandus and went into battle.

18320645195_9009f8dde1_c.jpg

We went through many battles, large and small...

19120309170_9974299c14_c.jpg

19120327200_4a97bc7abc_c.jpg

Along the way, I met a wizard named Gremlon. I took up his offer of protection, and he saved my life during a failed siege. But all the same, I do not trust him; he is too unwilling to share information. It feels as though there is something he is hiding from me, and it worries me.

The war, ultimately, has destroyed my life. In the past, I had hoped to be a simple townsperson, living in Morkerna without having to worry about war. Now, with my parents dead, I must fend for myself, while figuring out how to deal with Gremlon.

___

16892416079_8b25e99673_c.jpg

18322111431_57fd6372a6_c.jpg

18687310023_314924c46b_c.jpg

Enjoy! You can see more photos on the flickr albums:

Edited by Halhi 141

Very nice series of builds Halhi! Your landscapes especially are superb, I really like the use of dark red! Great job on the micro too!

Good to see that there's another Ulandian still alive! :laugh::thumbup:

Excellent builds Halhi, as Kai mentioned, the landscaping is great throughout - I'm especially impressed with the fact that you built a very nice landscape and then covered it with the catapult! :laugh::wink:

The castle build is great as well, but I think the microscale one might well be my favorite here, the micro Tudor sections are fantastic and I really like the gatehouse too! :thumbup: Superb job overall, its great to see that Ulandus is still going strong! :wink::excited:

Great work on the color blending in the landscape. The red, orange and brown combo really goes well here.

Lovely builds and excellent presentation.

Love the castle, looks very gloomy in the first pic.

Happy you posted the landscape without the catapult as well, excellent terrain work.

The miniature castle and army are awesome too, love the wizard hat!

Clever chain design in the micro build :thumbup: Your use of texture is quite impressive, as always.

Lots of great stuff going on in the castle MOC as well :classic:

Wonderful entry, so glad you finally joined GoH. Fantastic story and the builds are, as I have come to expect and enjoy from you, quite superb. The black tree in the first MOC is particularly eye-catching, and your landscaping is as wonderful as ever. I really enjoy the variety in these builds, the varying landscapes, architecture and micro build. Really nice stuff, hope we get you see more from you in these parts!

This is an excellent collection. The first photo captures the mood of the scene perfectly. Besides that the towering structure is splendid with its textured walls and various details. The catapult looks great, although I have a hard time envisioning a few small children getting very far with it. The base it sits on is lovely - I haven't seen many builders make the border follow the terrain and this one has such a good form. The micro scene is creative as well - from the hat roof to the drawbridge chains to the crenelations on the walls and tower. It's a beautiful little scene. Excellent work.

Fantastic series of builds! I love the wall texturing and irregular base on the first one :thumbup:

Really cool well too :classic:

Wow, that's fantastic :wub:

I really love all the builds you made and how they fit with the story. The colour scheme and the techniques you used are great :thumbup:

Excellent builds! The base and colorscheme of the fortress look great, as does the architecture! I also really like the the way you used the whips for the tree. Really great work!

@Kai & Garmaddon: Now you know where I got much of my inspiration. :tongue:

Great uses of these builds, Halhi!