The Shadowmere throneroom was lavish, with a red carpet rolled out from the foot of the obsidian steps leading to Vladivus' golden throne. Banners hung from the walls, indicating fealty sworn to Shadowmere, and defeated enemies. The honour of guarding the throneroom went to the Kazzar Blackcloaks, who owed the Lord of Shadowmere a life's debt. Fearsome warriors all, they cut an intimidating silhouette with their lances, and none moreso than Vorek Steeljaw, his long golden lance setting him apart as a Captain in the Kazzar Blackcloaks. Without so much as a glance at this, the Black Spire emissary strode purposefully up the centre, towards Vladivus, flanked by two of his zombie guards, his crown glinting in the orange torchlight.

He bowed exaggeratedly.

"Hail once again Vladivus", he said mockingly. "Would ye hear my terms?"

18775567885_63f2af4e20_c.jpg

"Aye", came the measured reply, "let us hear them."

The King's words came swiftly, as though practised.

"Ravaage would have you bend your knee to him and yield the Resistance leaders," he said gesturing at the balcony, where Angfauglir and Lord Mortis watched. "In return for undying fealty and the dissolution of the Shadowmere Guard, you shall be granted your mothers former lands in Avalonia, where you shall live your life in exile. Your generals must either bend to Ravaage, or be executed."

As the last word left the emissary's lips, the doors to the throne room crashed open, and a shout echoed through.

"Stop this madness!"

At this, the King drew his dirk, and charged at Vladivus, the sceptre in his hand glowing green, seemingly granting him warding against the Kazzar, who moved to intercept him.

As fast as the Kazzar were, and as quick as the King moved, the Falcons were faster. Lead by Sir Eothain the Insane, they charged from the doorway, covering the ground swifter than any would have expected, followed by Lady Sithanna, her lips curled in a snarl, and her Manbat Warriors.

18310276943_9b0bc8a6f5_c.jpg

Eothain's sword clove the sceptre in twain, and the head of the emissary bounced from his shoulders, as his guards fell to the floor.

The bodies were swiftly cleared away, and a hurried council of sorts commenced.

18778084591_f9a7621cca_c.jpg

"What is this? You would kill an emissary?" Vladivus anger was palpable.

"Hear us out my Lord" soothed Sithanna.

"Your pup damn near killed my men", spat Eothain "He turned on us on the road to Abyssian. Ravaage's troops ambushed us, nothing we couldn't handle. Then the wolves came. Clawbreakers, and others. Fenrir didn't hesitate. He called for us to follow him against the wolves. Who were we to argue? The wolves came again, from behind, and as we turned to take them, Fenrir turned on us. If it weren't for Sithanna's timely arrival, on account of her taking a roundabout route from Kaliphlin we'd have been dog toys. Your guard you sent with us are all dead I'm afraid m'lord."

"This King was with Fenrir- baying for blood. He's no emissary, he is, well, he was, an assassin," said Sithanna. "Amset-ra sent one of his men with us as a sign of the new alliance, and he knew the emissary of old."

"This is troubling news". Vladivus mused. "Eothain, I'm offering you the position of Shadowmere General- it seems deeds must speak louder than words." At this, he cast his gaze at Angfauglir, who still leant upon the balcony.

He turned, "Vorek!"

"Yes my Lord?" said the Kazzar.

"Call the Captains. Sir Eothain, ready for war."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the next installment! C+C welcome!

Oh I can't see Kaliphlin's deserts any more-I want to return to Nocturnus and prepare for war!

Great build and story! I am shocked at Fenrir's betrayal, wasn't he one of your original characters when you joined? Also I am angered by Ravaage's claims, he has no right to offer you land belonging to Avalonia ( Although I am sure we would gladly allow you to have the land anyway since you have frequently been a great ally to members of Avalonia)!

Cheers guys! The Darklands do not slumber for long! I took a lot of inspiration from Jorrith and MassEditors Shadowmere builds- it's really made me want to do more interior builds!

@Jacob, can't wait to see more Nocty builds from you!

@LordDan, yeah Fenrir is an old character- a mighty warrior, so should prove to make things difficult for Vlad, as well as make it more personal.

A great turn of the story! Excellent build, these black walls are so hard to build nice!

Super interior! My favorite parts: the use of a Chima banner, the floor design, the bookshelf/cabinet, and stairs to the throne :thumbup:

Good work texturing the wall too :classic:

Cheers guys!

@Full Plate, it's not movable, but the idea had crossed my mind! Vlad's a fan of his own two feet though! Or a horses four.

I like the story and the way you made the interior :thumbup:

Moreover I like the kitbash minifigures.